Every county in America, ranked by scenery and climate

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The list has New Castle County Delaware, Cecil County, MD and Lancaster County, PA a thousands spots ahead of Chester County PA. Just ridiculousness. New Castle County DE is a dump and Cecil Co MD is still actively inhabited by the Klu Klux Klan. I defy anyone to tell me the difference between Chester Co and Lancaster Co apart from the Amish.

The list has New Castle County Delaware, Cecil County, MD and Lancaster County, PA a thousands spots ahead of Chester County PA. Just ridiculousness. New Castle County DE is a dump and Cecil Co MD is still actively inhabited by the Klu Klux Klan. I defy anyone to tell me the difference between Chester Co and Lancaster Co apart from the Amish.

I used to live in Delaware and hated traveling north into Chester and the Philly area. I know that's not Chester County. I guess I can't speak for that, but the southern end of Newcastle County has access to the beaches and stuff. The wildlife areas along the bay are nice.

"dump" and "KKK activity" aren't measured variables in this study, btw.

Chester county has Chester in it...which may well be the bowels of the Ninth Hell.

Chester county has Chester in it...which may well be the bowels of the Ninth Hell.

It has West Chester, but not Chester.

I agree with your thoughts on Chester. When you start getting away from the Philly area, things start to look a whole lot better.

I can't access the map... Can anybody tell me where Will County, Illinois lies... LMAO... It has to be bad, land of Republicans and Joliet. Conservative "collar county." Go into Joliet, IL, nothing but cops and concrete buildings... They should shoot a Will County dystopian themed movie called: "Escape from Joliet: Will County, Illinois-Land of The Carp Barrier, Sanitary Canal Sh*t Ditch." Heavy industry & county/muni seat, hence "cops everywhere." Romeo(ville) & Juliet (Joliet) were supposed to be the "twin cities" of the 19th century. Unfortunately, Romeo is in prison/The Joint (Statesville) and Juliet is strung out on crack @ the corner saying: "kitty for sale!" :-O :-O

Now... I live in Will but I am 1 klick from the Cook County line. I don't expect Cook (Chicago) to be much better... BUT at least Chicago has beaches. Doesn't "Chicago" mean "Stinky Place" in Native American (Fox) or something? That's where all the wild onions would grow in the native marshes. The Natives to the north would use it to escape the harsh winter... Yeah, like winter here is some consolation! Nobody said the Potawatomi were smart? I am about the same distance from the Lake County, Indiana line. I suppose they are bit better, but then there is Gary, Burns Harbor, and the steel plants... Now, next county over in Porter, Indiana they @ least have The Dunes and The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Then it's straight up the west coast of "Pure (Stinking) Michigan." Yep, I wonder why The Lakes score so low. LoL...

Will? LMAO Gotta be bad w/the Joliet aesthetic... :-O

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I can't access the map... Can anybody tell me where Will County, Illinois lies... LMAO... It has to be bad, land of Republicans and Joliet. Conservative "collar county." Go into Joliet, IL, nothing but cops and concrete buildings... They should shoot a Will County dystopian themed movie called: "Escape from Joliet: Will County, Illinois-Land of The Carp Barrier, Sanitary Canal Sh*t Ditch." Heavy industry & county/muni seat, hence "cops everywhere." Romeo(ville) & Juliet (Joliet) were supposed to be the "twin cities" of the 19th century. Unfortunately, Romeo is in prison/The Joint (Statesville) and Juliet is strung out on crack @ the corner saying: "kitty for sale!" :-O :-O

Now... I live in Will but I am 1 klick from the Cook County line. I don't expect Cook (Chicago) to be much better... BUT at least Chicago has beaches. Doesn't "Chicago" mean "Stinky Place" in Native American (Fox) or something? That's where all the wild onions would grow in the native marshes. The Natives to the north would use it to escape the harsh winter... Yeah, like winter here is some consolation! Nobody said the Potawatomi were smart? I am about the same distance from the Lake County, Indiana line. I suppose they are bit better, but then there is Gary, Burns Harbor, and the steel plants... Now, next county over in Porter, Indiana they @ least have The Dunes and The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. Then it's straight up the west coast of "Pure (Stinking) Michigan." Yep, I wonder why The Lakes score so low. LoL...

Will? LMAO Gotta be bad w/the Joliet aesthetic... :-O

2744 :D

All of Illinois is bad, lol. It looks like the second-worst state, just edging out Iowa.

If you put a level on a cross-section of all 50 states, Illinois would be one of the very few states (if not thee one) where the level's bubble came the closest in the cross lines. Kansas you say? All uphill! Iowa, is actually rolling hills. The Amanas moved from Ebenezer (W.Seneca) and picked the Amana, IA area because that area reminded them of their original home in Germany. We just visted the University of Iowa (Iowa City) two weeks ago w/my son... My son just did a cross tour of Germany. From Amsterdam, Netherlands to Cologne, Koblanz to Munich... The tour was w/Latin class, so it was a "Roman German Holiday." He said much of Iowa looked like that tour... Countryside that is.

2744 :D

LMAO... I knew it was high! That's a gr8 SAT score... Even higher than the most you can get on the SAT by 344! We are special aren't we? Unfortunately, that's the combined score of Will County as a whole; population of just under 700,000. Outside of the EiL household of course, where that household score is 7201 for a population of 4. I scored the one... ;-) ;-)

2925 :sick:

How TF can Will County, Illinois score better than ANY county in New York? Huh? Must be my eastern side of the county dragging that number down. ;-) ;-)

If you put a level on a cross-section of all 50 states, Illinois would be one of the very few states (if not thee one) where the level's bubble came the closest in the cross lines. Kansas you say? All uphill! Iowa, is actually rolling hills. The Amanas moved from Ebenezer (W.Seneca) and picked the Amana, IA area because that area reminded them of their original home in Germany. We just visted the University of Iowa (Iowa City) two weeks ago w/my son... My son just did a cross tour of Germany. From Amsterdam, Netherlands to Cologne, Koblanz to Munich... The tour was w/Latin class, so it was a "Roman German Holiday." He said much of Iowa looked like that tour... Countryside that is.

Kansas is slanted, but still really flat.

I liked Illinois when I visited, actually. I was in Decatur for two days...

Kansas is slanted, but still really flat.

I liked Illinois when I visited, actually. I was in Decatur for two days...

Cheap living down there! Actually, the whole state isn't that bad outside The People's Republik of Cook County. 35 years ago when we switched from Chicago Corps of Engineers to Rock Island District, our field site actually got a raise even though we were in Chicago proper... They got retro pay. The Quad Cities (Rock Island) actually paid more and had higher cost of living than Chicago. That has flipped flopped now than in 1980. 1980, it was Deere in Moline and CAT in Peoria that was paying well. Our wage grade scale as a lock operator is set by what local industry pays in the home district area. Now, it is dirt cheap to live in Peoria, but not so much up here in Chicago. We are in the exact opposite position as Chicago... They pay a buck more an hour in Chicago. I actually work in Chicago proper and don't get it (higher wage). Go figure... I should transfer to the Peoria/Upper MS river, I would probably bank more money.

Actually, Iowa City isn't that bad... And the Amana Colonies isn't that far away. That's like "Pleasantville" there. If you like antiques, shops, wine and cheese houses, meat (yes meat is big in the German Midwest), etc... I highly suggest a down homey tour of the place. Being w/the USACE, we have a nice rez close by there (Iowa City) too: Coralville Lake... I liked it. Most universities are kinda detached from the town. Iowa City seemed like a working town/city (if you want to call it that) and university as one. Iowa City was the old capital of Iowa before it moved center state to Des Moines. I used to live I Davenport and Scott county scored bad. A couple weeks ago was the first time back @ the Amanas in about 20 years... Very nice and they have a WNY connection (Ebenezer/W.Seneca).

It has West Chester, but not Chester.

I agree with your thoughts on Chester. When you start getting away from the Philly area, things start to look a whole lot better.

I stand corrected! Thank you, sir.

Not to mention, Lehigh County has Macungie...population 3039.

Saaaaaaalute!

I did mention Lehigh County was a shithole, did I not?

Lehigh County 1700ish. Pretty much spot on. Horrible place to live.

Lehigh county PA?

Chester Co has SCI Chester.... A level 2 state prison in a level 5 neighborhood!!!