PFF Panthers/Bills grades... Kouandjio and Miller positive.

Beef Jerky

Interesting. I didn't know you were this high on Marcel. I'm not trying to argue but it's hard for me to call anyone on the Bills better than Mario.

It's close but it's his time.

We saw what happened to the run defense in that Raiders game last year when he went out and he's playing for a Suh-type contract so I am expecting a season second only to maybe JJ Watt from Dareus.

I find it interesting that most people don't put him in the same class because he is actually better at getting around blocks than Suh and at 340# he sure isn't giving up much face-up to a blocker. Suh has a non-stop motor and Dareus will idle on occasion but he was much more focused last year and I think he gives you more in the pass rush game.

It's close but it's his time.

We saw what happened to the run defense in that Raiders game last year when he went out and he's playing for a Suh-type contract so I am expecting a season second only to maybe JJ Watt from Dareus.

I find it interesting that most people don't put him in the same class because he is actually better at getting around blocks than Suh and at 340# he sure isn't giving up much face-up to a blocker. Suh has a non-stop motor and Dareus will idle on occasion but he was much more focused last year and I think he gives you more in the pass rush game.

The fact that he is playing for a contract is huge. Really huge.

Marcel is one of several players who changed a bit when he left the great Coach Saban. He said in a youtube video that, "Coach Saban controls every hour of your life." I believe this. As far as I know, he never acted out or got in any trouble at Bama. This is good news because it tells me that he CAN walk straight. He can be as great as he wants to be.

Mario is one of my all time favorite players on any team, ever. He is 100% professional and very, very smart. Off the field, he hangs out with cops and correction officers. He donated as I recall in the neighborhood of a quarter of a million dollars to the Houston PD to buy police cars because Houston was cash strapped.

On the field, he is a monster. He looks skinny for a guy who weighs more than 290 and uses his long arms for strength and leverage. And he is quick AND fast. I hope that these two continue to stay healthy. What a freaking tandem, and this doesn't even mention Hughes and KW!!!!

As you can tell, I'm getting psyched. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus some of the guys from last year suddenly look much better. Funny how Marrone was an OL guy too

You mean the same guys that looked great under Gailey and Delassandros but became crap with Marrone/Morris? Ayup, the Bills had BAD OL coaching the past couple years.

You mean the same guys that looked great under Gailey and Delassandros but became crap with Marrone/Morris? Ayup, the Bills had BAD OL coaching the past couple years.

I wonder if the Jags fans (they do have some fans, right?) have any idea what they're in for. Those poor people...

i would love to see miller continue on his current path. would also like to see kouandjio take a big step and have a really huge, heated competition with henderson for that right guard spot. and i would just absolutely love to see richardson decide he really, really wants that other guard spot. bottom line, there are some young beasts on this line and i would love to see them all reach their potential, whether that be as a starter or solid backup.

Great post. still a half ton of potential stewing in training camp.

Could be decent could be very very good indeed.

love me some O line and really was pleased with Friday Night's work overall.

Ps Badol? how you feel about Red Bryant !

There was a story earlier in camp about it. Dareus take when questioned was that the DL coach didn't like that he wasn't going to do exactly what they asked but that it wasn't a big deal. To him anyway? :lol:

Read that. a little uncomfortable, but not a flag imo.

Miller does look like the real deal early on.

CK and Richardson are showing signs of life. Some guys developed into solid NFL talent a little slowe, some never do. Looks like we have a coaching staff finally that will figure out if a player has talent.

Hendy ? he is in the mix too.

agree about the staff. i trust in Roman and Kromer.

If he ever needs to punch some kids he can punch mine. and i dont even have beach chairs.

The fact that he is playing for a contract is huge. Really huge.

Marcel is one of several players who changed a bit when he left the great Coach Saban. He said in a youtube video that, "Coach Saban controls every hour of your life." I believe this. As far as I know, he never acted out or got in any trouble at Bama. This is good news because it tells me that he CAN walk straight. He can be as great as he wants to be.

Mario is one of my all time favorite players on any team, ever. He is 100% professional and very, very smart. Off the field, he hangs out with cops and correction officers. He donated as I recall in the neighborhood of a quarter of a million dollars to the Houston PD to buy police cars because Houston was cash strapped.

On the field, he is a monster. He looks skinny for a guy who weighs more than 290 and uses his long arms for strength and leverage. And he is quick AND fast. I hope that these two continue to stay healthy. What a freaking tandem, and this doesn't even mention Hughes and KW!!!!

As you can tell, I'm getting psyched. :)

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get a good kick from this statement Dear Brother Bill.!!

That first year i was a doubter. The fool was me!

Great post. still a half ton of potential stewing in training camp.

Could be decent could be very very good indeed.

love me some O line and really was pleased with Friday Night's work overall.

Ps Badol? how you feel about Red Bryant !

Read that. a little uncomfortable, but not a flag imo.

Hendy ? he is in the mix too.

agree about the staff. i trust in Roman and Kromer.

If he ever needs to punch some kids he can punch mine. and i dont even have beach chairs.

I get a good kick from this statement Dear Brother Bill.!!

That first year i was a doubter. The fool was me!

I like to think of Henderson a little ahead of CK and Richardson due to his playing time last year.

I really think or want to believe that by mid season we will be singing Whaleys praise for the depth at OL.

I like to think of Henderson a little ahead of CK and Richardson due to his playing time last year.

I really think or want to believe that by mid season we will be singing Whaleys praise for the depth at OL.

I dont mind if we see that a bit sooner !

Agree on all counts though.

It would be nice but we can't put too much more money into the DL. Maybe if we could get the Preston Brown or John Miller equivalent in the third round that would be great. I don't care what anyone says, we play a 4-3 defense most of the time, and the second most is a 4-2-5. I know Rex will mix it up and play some 3-4 and 46 and some we don't have names for, but we line up with two DTs and two DEs virtually every play with various members of the back seven pinching up to the line.

Wow, this got really off topic. But I have to hammer this home.

From what I can tell, the scheme is a LOT like what Pettine was doing when he was here. Marcel is the 1-technique nose tackle. Kyle is the 3-technique tackle. Hughes, a little surprisingly, seems to be holding up well at the 5-technique end, and Mario just dominates whatever he does.

Of course we'll adjust our LBs as necessary, but this is usually what we are doing. Nose Tackle only becomes a need if we let Dareus walk this offseason.