Patriots Fumble Rates since 2007 rule change

somnus00

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess Peyton Manning cheats too...because 1. Peyton is the one who spear headed this rule change, other QBs including Aaron Rogers have already credited Manning, not Brady, with this change. 2. Manning teams fumble at a comparable rate to Brady led teams.

Therefore, Manning also deflates footballs.

And the most annoying thing about this study is that it doesn't break down the other 31 teams individually...so its comparing one teams rate with an average of the rest of the league which is stupid and skewed. If you take 32 individuals, then compare the best individual to the average of the other 31, there is going to be a big discreprency, especially if the the lower tier is significantly worse.

This study does not show NE as an abnormally because we don't know if any other teams have reasonably similar fumble rates. If 3 teams have a similar fumble rate, then the conclusion that its just the Patriots and must be cheating can't be concluded unless you assume they all cheat. Furthermore, we already know that Peyton led teams fumble at a similar rate a the Pats, in fact the difference is barely noticeable.

You & Mr Weo should just join a Pats board & be done here. From reading your posts for many years it is obvious both of you are Patriot fans trying to get a rise out of everybody on this board.

Edited by Gordio

Food for thought for people thinking something's amiss about Brady's helmet. Caught this snippet in a Bloomberg article discussing helmet safety ratings:

Twenty-one starters in Super Bowl XLIX will wear five-star helmets, mostly Riddell Revolution Speeds. Eleven will don Schutt AiR XP Pros, which have yet to be rated, though the company believes they’d garner four stars. For reasons unknown, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady trusts his brain to a one-star Riddell VSR4. Whether five-star helmets actually reduce the number of on-the-field concussions more than four- or even three-star models is undetermined.

What was the PSI rule before they let teams manage their own balls? If it was higher than the prescribed minimum of 12.5, the drop off in fumbles could be explained by Brady specifying the lower parameter. Some QBs like rodgers we learned specify the high point of the range, which I think is 14. That 1.5 differential is what they're claiming pats deflated the balls by

• 3 months later...

Since 2007, the Pats basically never fumbled at home:

Based on the assumption that plays per fumble follow a normal distribution, youd expect to see, according to random fluctuation, the results that the Patriots have gotten since 2007 once in 5842 instances.

Which in laymans terms means that this result only being a coincidence, is like winning a raffle where you have a 0.0001711874 probability to win. In other words, its very unlikely that results this abnormal are only due to the endogenous nature of the game.

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2015/the-new-england-patriots-mysteriously-became-fumble-proof-in-2007

Tom's attorney says all these facts and numbers and things are part of a conspiracy to frame him. Stop being mean to Tommy.

Part of me wants to see Tom sit down for a while, part of me wants Dareus to sit down hard on Tom. I'm torn. Hoping for both.

Tom's attorney says all these facts and numbers and things are part of a conspiracy to frame him. Stop being mean to Tommy.

Part of me wants to see Tom sit down for a while, part of me wants Dareus to sit down hard on Tom. I'm torn. Hoping for both.

If Dareus tears Brady in two, you can have both.

I have sited that a few times in a couple of threads.

Brady and Manning in 2006 lobbied for each team to control their own balls during the game

since then the Cheatriots have had the fewest fumbles in the league.

Dear members of the jury: we have all seen in crystal clarity in this court of law that my client, OJ Simpson, had his DNA all over the 2 victims and the crime scene. In turn, the DNA of both victims was all over my client, and his vehicle as well, and evidence found inside the defendant's home! Never mind all that.

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit. And let's be honest, that glove seems a bit tight, doesn't it!?

Dear members of the jury: we have all seen in crystal clarity in this court of law that my client, OJ Simpson, had his DNA all over the 2 victims and the crime scene. In turn, the DNA of both victims was all over my client, and his vehicle as well, and evidence found inside the defendant's home! Never mind all that.

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit. And let's be honest, that glove seems a bit tight, doesn't it!?

Since the police, and later OJ, failed to find the actual killer (after a thorough search of golf courses everywhere), it makes me wonder where Tommy was that fateful night.....

I have sited that a few times in a couple of threads.

Brady and Manning in 2006 lobbied for each team to control their own balls during the game

since then the Cheatriots have had the fewest fumbles in the league.

Threads on this topic are bound to have a lot of overlapping redundancy of repeated things stated over and over time and time again... and then restated with an echo.

As much as I hate the pats*, this isnt exactly "proof." This is a demonstration that somewhere down the line, they got really good at protecting the football. I'm sure they've been deflating balls occasionally for some time now, but you cant just point to astronomically good stats as proof they must be cheating the entire time. Just sayin. On the other hand, those text messages are pretty damning.

The problem is Brady probably won't be suspended for cheating during actual games but Dareus will be suspended for minor off the field indiscretions.