Aldon Smith arrested again

My biggest concern is if he gets a DUI AND a hit & run. You're only supposed to get one or the other, not both.

Aldon Smith should be out of the NFL. There's no reason that these guys can't stay on the right side of the law.

Addiction only affects people of diminished cognitive ability and moral character.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest concern is if he gets a DUI AND a hit & run. You're only supposed to get one or the other, not both.

Addiction only affects people of diminished cognitive ability and moral character

It's not like the guy could afford to take an Uber every now and then. Or even hire a full-time driver. DUIs by people making millions a year infuriate me. It's not the drinkin', it's the drivin'. (I do recognize that there does seem to be a serious addiction issue here, but that's distinct from the driving drunk issue)

It's not like the guy could afford to take an Uber every now and then. Or even hire a full-time driver. DUIs by people making millions a year infuriate me. It's not the drinkin', it's the drivin'. (I do recognize that there does seem to be a serious addiction issue here, but that's distinct from the driving drunk issue)

I really hate to chime in on this, but when you're dealing with addiction..... NOTHING MAKES SENSE. My children have been to more funerals than I have. That's not hyperbole. It has very little to do with net worth. It's much more complicated.

Edited by Augie

I really hate to chime in on this, but when you're dealing with addiction..... NOTHING MAKES SENSE. My children have been to more funerals that I have. That's not hyperbole. It has very little to do with net worth. It's much more complicated.

Wow. Is it mostly the heroin epidemic or drinking related things?

Wow. Is it mostly the heroin epidemic or drinking related things?

It's mostly due to getting kids hooked on prescription drugs (which were VERY easy to get in Florida, though some rules have now changed) then when the pills aren't available they turn to heroin. Good kids from good families, but it's everywhere. It's really shocking to see how common it is. But yes, they usually start with drinking, of course.

Edited by Augie