Protocol advice request...

The Poojer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morton's has a similar deal through mid september, $40 for 3 courses...the meat was a small filet, but the sides they gave were definitely enough to share with 3 others. and the dessert was the same serving size, i think. I didn't go that route.

I am shocked that the service was so poor. They usually have top notich service, but I guess each Morton's is different.

It's always been a dream of mine to get that double porterhouse steak. I would probably die after eating it.

By the way, off the subject a bit, but another good chain steakhouse I like is Hyde Park. They have an early-bird deal fixed price meal too, which is super cheap but awesome. I think you get three courses for like $30, and while not a huge steak, some small filets.

Morton's has a similar deal through mid september, $40 for 3 courses...the meat was a small filet, but the sides they gave were definitely enough to share with 3 others. and the dessert was the same serving size, i think. I didn't go that route.

If you're ever in Buffalo, Russell's has a very similar deal. It's called the "Dinner for Two" menu, but you don't have to be two people to order it. I think it's $39 for an app, cut of meat, side, and dessert.

you know, you should have your own show like on the Discovery channel or Nat Geo...just like Mountain Men or all those shows about people in Alaska.

I've often wondered how I could get on a show like that... If I could team up with any of them it would be Marty.... We are both trappers, he has a plane, and he built that sweet trapping cabin- so he's got skills!!! Eustace has skills but he's a moron!!!

I must be out of my mind for seeking legit advice after the crap I fling in similar threads, but here goes....

Meeting Parents of a friend of mine for dinner tonight. They are in town from Richmond, they want to take me to dinner at Mortons. I have only met them one or two times so that in and of itself is going to be kind of awkward, but that's ok. They are treating...I am not a Morton's kind of guy, I will actually be surprised if they let a troglodyte like me in the place. Do I offer to pay the tip? I figure I will hit the ATM and come prepared with about $50 in cash(I NEVER carry cash on me). What say y'all?

Also what should I get? Like I said, I have never set foot in Mortons and my steak knowledge is non-existent. Suggestions on cuts? Dishes? Thanks.

Just say "accidentally" forgot your wallet at home. But really just leave it under the seat of the car or in your glove compartment.

No! Make it a DQ Blizzard or nothing. The McFlurry is but a pale imitation of the regal Blizzard!

The Blizzard is a pale imitation of the real Blizzard. DQ changed their recipe and most of the time the Blizzard can no longer be held upside down and not fall to the ground.

I know some people who turn their noses up at morton's because it's a chain or their sides are obnoxious, etc-- and prefer mom and pop places.

But I have never been disappointed with the food there. Steaks are unreal; sides are great. Desserts are really good too. If I was super rich, I would be there once a week.

Not so much we turn our noses up, just that the place is so gosh darn expensive seems not worth spending our own money on it! And not just Mortons, any steak house really. I am one , and I admit this sounds snobby, that says I can get some really great, inventive food that I cannOt possibly make at home for about half the price. I can make just about 100% of a steak house menu at home. Key is using same quality ingredients.

Don't get wrong, wI am in sales and entertain quite a bit, so steak house is ways a safe bet and I love em, especially love it cause I ain't paying!

That being said, Maestros is prolly my favorite steak house.

The Blizzard is a pale imitation of the real Blizzard. DQ changed their recipe and most of the time the Blizzard can no longer be held upside down and not fall to the ground.

Not the case at the DQ on Jefferson Rd in Rochester; if I reach for the Blizzard on the service shelf, a DQ employee races over to snatch it away and turn it upside down before I can have it. I've come lately to the whole Blizzard thing, so I'm not familiar w/ the "original" recipe. Five Guys for burgers and fries topped off by a Blizzard from the DQ next door is a massive caloric whoppin'.

i eat my steak with ketchup and between 2 pieces of dry toast

LOL good man!

Why are they "snooty types" simply because they enjoy a good steak?

I am forced to eat at these establishments often.I personally cant stand to be in the company of phonies and fake plastic people that try to act like they are something they aren't.

Yeah, I was the exact opposite of phony. I asked for advice on wine and even asked the difference between medium and medium rare, I got confused when he said medium was red in the middle. It didn't dawn on me that medium rare was pink....I was a total amateur and didn't hide it

LOL good man!

I am forced to eat at these establishments often.I personally cant stand to be in the company of phonies and fake plastic people that try to act like they are something they aren't.

"Come prepared" and "50 bucks in cash" simply do not go... Sorry Pooj... He he...

I gotta read what happened, hope they didn't dine and dash you... Or that you also had a credit card w/a Clipper's fan limit?

Even cheapsake like me would have yanked my 300 dollar ATM limit (yes, I only have a $300 daily cash out limit, per card)... BUT I aslo would have had the Amex just in case too... If I was using cash, even for a tip... You can't trust anyone in this world... ;-) ;-)

;-P

All light hearted kidding from me... I hate those expensive steakhouses too!

LOL good man!

That is why you throw the cash around...And plastic, @ least the Amex... ;-P ;-P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

"Come prepared" and "50 bucks in cash" simply do not go... Sorry Pooj... He he...

I gotta read what happened, hope they didn't dine and dash you... Or that you also had a credit card w/a Clipper's fan limit?

Even cheapsake like me would have yanked my 300 dollar ATM limit (yes, I only have a $300 daily cash out limit, per card)... BUT I aslo would have had the Amex just in case too... If I was using cash, even for a tip... You can't trust anyone in this world... ;-) ;-)

;-P

All light hearted kidding from me... I hate those expensive steakhouses too!

That is why you throw the cash around...And plastic, @ least the Amex... ;-P ;-P

I once drew the short straw and had to go to the Chop house with 3 corporate attorneys.They spent the first half of the meal playing a game of trying to get the waiter fired.They were shouting loudly at the waiter trying to create a scene while suggesting that the service was sub par.I let them know what I thought of them, excused myself and took my meal to go.The next day I contacted the senior partner and fired the clowns.I find that these exclusive restaurants are filled with people just like this.The most successful and wealthiest man I ever knew ate breakfast and dinner at Dennys every day while wearing jeans and work boots.

I once drew the short straw and had to go to the Chop house with 3 corporate attorneys.They spent the first half of the meal playing a game of trying to get the waiter fired.They were shouting loudly at the waiter trying to create a scene while suggesting that the service was sub par.I let them know what I thought of them, excused myself and took my meal to go.The next day I contacted the senior partner and fired the clowns.I find that these exclusive restaurants are filled with people just like this.The most successful and wealthiest man I ever knew ate breakfast and dinner at Dennys every day while wearing jeans and work boots.

Cool story Bro!

Taking someone to a restaurant and observing their behavior is a great way to figure out what kind of person they really are.

Exactly! Gr8 job to take a stand!

Taking someone to a restaurant and observing their behavior is a great way to figure out what kind of person they really are.

This too! It is amazing what people will do. I bet Chef has some stories... ;-)

Really, 3 lawyers fired for messing with a waiter....that's a believable story right there!

Rich, poor, white, black, gay, straight, female, male.... All matters naught when it comes to character , hate when people automatically assume becuase someone has money or likes a nice restuarant they are fake or arseholes some way....just such a childish stance.

And BTW, if someone ate breakfast and dinner everyday at Denny's they are an IDIOT...no two ways around it.

Edited by plenzmd1