Heading to Boston this weekend, ideas?

Wooderson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a walking pub/history tour we did a month back or do that was a good time.

Duck tour is worth it.

Shitfaced Shakespeare in Somerville was the highlight of the visit, but we were staying in Cambridge at the the time.

Local beers to try:

Mystic

Jack Abby

As I mentioned earlier, go to the Union Oyster House. Incredible seafood and raw bar, in a historic setting. The history of the UOH location dates back more than 250 years, and the current restaurant was established in 1826. There are no municipal maps of Boston that do not include the historic building. It was one of JFK's favorites.

Also of note, Sam Adams brews a beer that is only available on tap at the UHO. It's unavailable anywhere else in the world.

It's an absolute must, and is very reasonably priced.

My fiance and I are heading to Boston this weekend for the Zac Brown Band concert at Fenway. We will be staying at a friend's house in Springfield Friday night and then in Boston Saturday and Sunday. Concert is Sunday night.

Here's some suggestions I've compiled so far, please let me know if you've had positive/negative experiences with any:

1. Sam Adams Brewery Tour

2. Fanueil Hall Marketplace (Quincy Market)

3. Cheers Original (better than replica I've heard?)

4. Mike's Pastry Shop

5. La Familia Giorgio's

6. Bleacher Bar (Bills Backers Bar?)

7. Cask-n-Flagon

8. Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum, I guess they have a cool interactive re-creation.

I've also heard that the Boston Duck Tours are pretty cool.

Any of you TBD'ers have any other recommendations for restaurants, attractions, tours, etc.?

um Patriots practice, duh.

As I mentioned earlier, go to the Union Oyster House. Incredible seafood and raw bar, in a historic setting. The history of the UOH location dates back more than 250 years, and the current restaurant was established in 1826. There are no municipal maps of Boston that do not include the historic building. It was one of JFK's favorites.

Also of note, Sam Adams brews a beer that is only available on tap at the UHO. It's unavailable anywhere else in the world.

It's an absolute must, and is very reasonably priced.

We're definitely going to stop in here.

Have sex?

We're not married yet. That's a big no-no.

(this is where you need the sarcasm button)

I've never been married. Why do I always hear about this?? It's after kids or even before?

I've been married for 10 years... Even though I don't have the 30 year experience to share- I can speak for many men (not all) and give you the rundown on how most marriages work in that department....

Following marriage, it won't slow down right away.... Then you will have a child (supposing that's what you want). Following the child, it slows way down- that is, only until she wants another... Then it's all the time!!! Then it's back to very seldom.... It will be pretty sporadic... Sometimes it will be frequent, then you hit dry spells.... It will never be as it was before marriage...

I've been married for 10 years... Even though I don't have the 30 year experience to share- I can speak for many men (not all) and give you the rundown on how most marriages work in that department....

Following marriage, it won't slow down right away.... Then you will have a child (supposing that's what you want). Following the child, it slows way down- that is, only until she wants another... Then it's all the time!!! Then it's back to very seldom.... It will be pretty sporadic... Sometimes it will be frequent, then you hit dry spells.... It will never be as it was before marriage...

Having kids kills your sex life. Being married does not. Unless, of course, you married the wrong gal.

I've never been married. Why do I always hear about this?? It's after kids or even before?

Q: Why is a new bride smiling as she's walked down the aisle?

A: She knows she's given her last blowjob.

Yeah, you get a bunch of boring sex for 2 days out of the month. Nothing screams sexy like fertility monitoring!!

2 for 2. Sex is much better when you wanna rather than you gotta.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

Yeah, you get a bunch of boring sex for 2 days out of the month. Nothing screams sexy like fertility monitoring!!

Truer words have never been spoken! Except mrs Cletus has a different plan... Every other day for 6 days, 3 days straight, then every other day for 6 days.... It's kind of starting to feel like work...

2 for 2. Sex is much better when you wanna rather than you gotta.

Again- very true

That's only true if you allow it to become true. I have kids.

I have sex with my dog in the room. My mother in law in the next room. My mom in the next room.

It doesnt matter. Im closing the door and its happening.

Unless my wife is sick we are on a 3-4 times per week year round. No exceptions.