Do We Have Any Bernie Sanders Supporters Among Us?

think of all the people unburdened from the dread of tax season, they will of course be paying federal sales tax and whatever state taxes apply

Notfernuthin', but about half of this country is already unburdened by the dread of tax season because they don't pay any taxes.

But hey...other than that, your plan makes sense if we all pretend it does.

Until robots can repair/maintain, and then further down, program, design, and create :o

I absolutely believe even the programmers, designers and other functions will eventually also be relieved of their duties. I believe that and no one will be able to convince me otherwise. Not at this time, anyway.

Edited by Magox

Notfernuthin', but about half of this country is already unburdened by the dread of tax season because they don't pay any taxes.

But hey...other than that, your plan makes sense if we all pretend it does.

my tax plan unburdens 80% and as it has no deductions it releases the other 20% from complicated schemes to avoid taxes

What? I was attempting to clarify your vague statement. The 90% figure comes from references made to Bernie and by Bernie about Eisenhower.

Are you having a laugh?

90% tax rate sounds extreme. Xtreme Fuzzy Math. Call it Income Tax, and surf through the confusion and havoc. Xtreme!

Just what we need, Gatorman's twin to start chipping in here.

Or, as Slate suggests...we should just marry them.

So if I marry a self-driving car instead of buying one...how does that work? If the self-driving car and I elope from the dealer lot, is that theft? Can the dealer legally annul the union? Am I required to pay state sales tax and registration fees on my self-driving car/spouse?

And wouldn't that lead to a violation of the equal protection clause, denying people the right to marry their non-self-driving cars? If me and my Google Car are eligible for federal marriage benefits, why should you and your 1982 Toyota Corolla be denied those benefits? Why, if I can marry my love-bot, is gatorman not allowed to marry his toaster?

Or maybe we limit human-robot marriages to robots that are at least notionally humanoid in behavior and form. But then, that would be discriminatory against non-humanoid robots - giving Rosie the robot maid the right to marry because she's more functionally human than Google Car discriminates against Google Car on the basis of disability and - arguably - race.

But one thing's for sure: when I marry my Google Car, Christian bakers will be goddamn well be required to bake a wedding cake for us.

But one thing's for sure: when I marry my Google Car, Christian bakers will be goddamn well be required to bake a wedding cake for us.

If it ever comes to that, please have me make the cake. Seriously, I'd do it for free. I'd even take some refresher courses in pastries on my own dime.

What? I was attempting to clarify your vague statement. The 90% figure comes from references made to Bernie and by Bernie about Eisenhower.

Are you having a laugh?

90% tax rate sounds extreme. Xtreme Fuzzy Math. Call it Income Tax, and surf through the confusion and havoc. Xtreme!

What will be the effective rate on a million dollars in Bernies' plan?

And if a person make $1 million, the effective rate is 81%. Great plan.

Sorry didn't read all the post before I asked my question.

50% flat tax on all income over $100,000 no deductions all income (capital gains etc, capital gains indexed for inflation) taxed the same

12% federal sales tax on everything except food and medicine

.5% financial transaction tax

12% corporate profit tax no deduction

I know I asked before when you introduced this wonderful plan but is the $100k per peson for married filing jointly? Edited by Chef Jim

Bernie doesn't have strict plan yet.

He's looking to tax the "super-rich."

I take that to mean billionaires, rather than millionaires.

I'm sure he'll come out with specifics, but I would predict 35% marginal tax rate for millionaires and 60% marginal tax rate for anything above half a billion. That's just a guess.

Where the hell is everyone getting this 90% from? From the damn commie Eisenhower, that's who it's from.

I know I asked before when you introduced this wonderful plan but is the $100k per peson for married filing jointly?

yes you did ask before - it's per person

Bernie doesn't have strict plan yet.

He's looking to tax the "super-rich."

I take that to mean billionaires, rather than millionaires.

I'm sure he'll come out with specifics, but I would predict 35% marginal tax rate for millionaires and 60% marginal tax rate for anything above half a billion. That's just a guess.

Where the hell is everyone getting this 90% from? From the damn commie Eisenhower, that's who it's from.

We got then 90% from you and Bernie. I think it's hilarious that you think we don't get the difference between marginal and effective tax rates. An effectuve rate of 60% is still insane.

It's absurd to think anyone should pay more than half of everything they made to the government. And not just a few percentage points but 20%. Give me a good reason why the government deserves that big a cut. And you're not even getting to state taxes.

Edited by Chef Jim

We got then 90% from you and Bernie. I think it's hilarious that you think we don't get the difference between marginal and effective tax rates. An effectuve rate of 60% is still insane.

He might hit the over 3 billion bracket really hard, like 80%

I haven't had the chance to mention Warren Buffet paying a lower effective tax rate than his secretary, so I'm just going to prematurely ejaculate that sentence all over this conversation. :oops:

And this 90% thing can't be attributed to me, though I appreciate your humor. :beer:

I haven't had the chance to mention Warren Buffet paying a lower effective tax rate than his secretary, so I'm just going to prematurely ejaculate that sentence all over this conversation. :oops:

And this 90% thing can't be attributed to me, though I appreciate your humor. :beer:

And this is where you idiots get caught in your fly trap. Why gives a crap about marginal rates, when the goal is to maximize revenues? Oh yes, the class warfare mongers. I'm sure Eisenhower was all about that, hypocrite.

Who cares that Buffet pays tens of millions of dollars in taxes and his secretary probably pays tens of thousands. It's the percentage that matters.

And this is where you idiots get caught in your fly trap. Why gives a crap about marginal rates, when the goal is to maximize revenues? Oh yes, the class warfare mongers. I'm sure Eisenhower was all about that, hypocrite.

Who cares that Buffet pays tens of millions of dollars in taxes and his secretary probably pays tens of thousands. It's the percentage that matters.

Alright, brother, I'm listening. I'm just not sure what I'm listening to yet. Keep your comments coming. Bumping the Bernie thread above the Hillary thread is always appreciated by this poster.

What does Buffet and his secretary have to do with this conversation? Oh that's right, nothing. And when I asked you why the government needs such a large cut it was not rhetorical. Please justify why the government deserves that?

Alright, brother, I'm listening. I'm just not sure what I'm listening to yet. Keep your comments coming. Bumping the Bernie thread above the Hillary thread is always appreciated by this poster.

What's more to discuss. Marginal rate discussions that compare billionaires' earnings to average workers do nothing but stimulate envy, which is your stock in trade. Doesn't matter that it takes 10,000 average Joes to equal the taxes that Buffet pays, you earn brownie points with Sanders by talking about marginal rates.

What does Buffet and his secretary have to do with this conversation? Oh that's right, nothing. And when I asked you why the government needs such a large cut it was not rhetorical. Please justify why the government deserves that?