This Sandra Bland thing

bbb

Can somebody explain why the liberals on another board I frequent are up in arms about this.

It seems that woman had some mental problems, was some sort of anti cop activist, I believe drove 24 hours, gets pulled over, goes apeshit, gets put in jail, hangs herself. What am I missing where it's all the cops fault?:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/18/sandra-bland-die-police-custody/30342377/

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some may think that it would be better if people did not die in police custody....causes problems....are you one of those "compassionate conservatives"?

Edited by baskin

most people don't end up in a holding center for three days for a lane violation - as for the suicide maybe she thought her job interview was !@#$ed and in this job market some people are kind of desperate

So the Obama economy is to blame?

Interesting.

most people don't end up in a holding center for three days for a lane violation - as for the suicide maybe she thought her job interview was !@#$ed and in this job market some people are kind of desperate

A) She wasn't "arrested for a lane violation". She was pulled over for a lane violation. She was arrested for assaulting a police officer.

B) It is quite common for individuals arrested on a Friday to be held until the following Monday, because the courts aren't open.

Can somebody explain why the liberals on another board I frequent are up in arms about this.

It seems that woman had some mental problems, was some sort of anti cop activist, I believe drove 24 hours, gets pulled over, goes apeshit, gets put in jail, hangs herself. What am I missing where it's all the cops fault?:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/07/18/sandra-bland-die-police-custody/30342377/

Because she's black.

This story gets no traction if she's white.

Some may think that it would be better if people did not die in police custody....causes problems....are you one of those "compassionate conservatives"?

Some may think that it would be better if a people didn't pick a fight with a police officer when they've been busted for dope, had their license suspended three times, was about to have it suspended again, and has a history of drugs use.

Causes you to end up in prison.

Are you one of those people who also has no common sense at all?

I don't know jack **** about this story.

I haven't read nor heard a word about it.

That makes me perfectly qualified to comment about it.

People are bat-**** crazy.

Lots of folks are itchin' for a fight in this hot summer of discontent.

Thank you Obama for your race-baiting posturing as POTUS.

You're a credit to your indoctrinators.

But outside of police custody, you don't give a ****?

Some may think that it would be better if a people didn't pick a fight with a police officer when they've been busted for dope, had their license suspended three times, was about to have it suspended again, and has a history of drugs use.

Wait a minute, are you telling me that someone with a history of drug use has a history of trouble with the law and then ended up in prison??? That's a shocker.Well at least shes a non-violent criminal and it should all end well.

Everyone who gets arrested has done something....everyone...thats why they got arrested. You can look at this a couple of ways. Maybe one responsibility of jails etc is to insure the incarcerated are safe. Yes....We all know they should not be there in the first place...but they are.

Secondly....everyone of these incidents whether its this one or take your pick is horrifically expensive for us taxpayers. Maybe it would be better to stay away from this type of trouble with some preventative measures and training to save you and me some money,

I didn't do anything when I got arrested.

Cops can arrest you for just about anything. They have to charge you within a reasonable amount of time however.

If I was a cop, I'd arrest you for jaywalking, or disturbing the peace, or some other such triviality just to throw you in the holding cell for the allotted time. I bet the other lock up denizens would just love you