Best Band named for a place on the Map

Okay Music fans, it's opinion time. What is the best band named after a place on the map? (I think I have all of the most popular, feel free to go off the board)

Boston
Chicago
Kansas
Chilliwack
America
Asia
Europe
Alabama
Berlin
Nazareth

Buffalo Springfield

New York Dolls

LA Guns
Georgia Satellites

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I have to go with Buffalo Springfield or Chicago, if backing bands don't count. Boston follows a little behind. Aside from those, bands named after geographic places generally suck.

Beirut is ok too I guess. Kinda weird for my taste.

Good one, Tom. They're added.

That's not a good one. Georgia Satellites suck. They had one good song - "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" - that they followed up with the unbelievably stupid "Battleship Chains." Then they mercifully disappeared.

A Few More (not saying they are great by any means, but they qualify):

Alabama Shakes - alright

Egypt - they have a very good 4 song self-title EP in the Stoner Rock genre

Linkin Park

Good Charlotte

Jets to Brazil - old emo, decent

Cross Canadian Ragweed - decent alternative country

Phoenix (probably for the mythological creature instead of the City though) - kind of wussy, but not terrible.

Virginia Coalition - my favorite of all of these. they used to put on great shows. americana/folk/rock mix.

Edited by Mark80

That's not a good one. Georgia Satellites suck. They had one good song - "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" - that they followed up with the unbelievably stupid "Battleship Chains." Then they mercifully disappeared.

I think one hit and you're on the list, I meant "good one" because I hadn't thought of them. I agree, they were mediocre at best.

"Keep Your Hands to Yourself" is a song that is nearly as bad as "Friday."