Trump - could you imagine?!

I'm kind of with you on the trade thing, but I think you're being unfair about the other part. I could be mistaken, but I think he clarified that it wasn't just Mexicans. And while I agree, the failed drug policy is largely to blame, it doesn't change the fact that a lot of drugs are coming across the Mexican border and routed through networks comprised largely of illegal aliens.

And the fact that a lot of illegals come to the US to work doesn't change the fact that a lot of illegals commit violent crimes, nor does it change the fact that immigration law and undocumented status makes it difficult if not impossible for the criminal justice system to effectively address the problem.

But even if everything you say is correct, it doesn't change the fact that this smear campaign is based on saying racist things about Mexicans, not conflating border issues.

And that's the rub, as a presidential candidate he has to be more deliberate in using his words because the imprimatur matters from that position.

Trump is the gatorman of presidential politics. He makes an outlandish statement, and when challenged on it, instead of recognizing his mistake he doubles down on convoluted explanations, which invite more seal clubbing and beat downs from screen writers.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's the rub, as a presidential candidate he has to be more deliberate in using his words because the imprimatur matters from that position.

Trump is the gatorman of presidential politics. He makes an outlandish statement, and when challenged on it, instead of recognizing his mistake he doubles down on convoluted explanations, which invite more seal clubbing and beat downs from screen writers.

And if people want to criticize him as such that's fine, but this media wide effort to smear him for racist remarks about Mexicans is bull ****.

Does this mean there's a chance Trump will disappear and resurface with a new user name again in a few months?

The one thing people don't boycott is sports. And the people that would be politically active enough to boycott the Bills over Trump probably weren't fans or pouring money into the product. A Latino fan of the Chargers is still going to watch the Chargers take on the Bills regardless of who owns the Bills.

Still Trump would not have been a good owner. We lucked out not getting him as an owner.

Does this mean there's a chance Trump will disappear and resurface with a new user name again in a few months?

Unfortunately, no. Too much invested in the TRUMP logo. The most beautiful and prestigious name out there.

It's politically motivated and misleading garbage because it addresses crime by immigrants generally rather than isolating data regarding ILLEGAL immigrants.

:lol:

I'd be interested to know about his lobbying efforts. As far as outsourcing, it's the way the world works. Personally, I support free trade, but it's hardly hypocritical for someone calling for a rule change to play by the rules as they're written. There's also a distinction between concern for jobs lost internally (like construction and other trades where blue collar people could traditionally make a decent living) due to an influx of illegals willing to undercut the market, and jobs that are outsourced due to natural market forces.

Mr House,

You are 100% on point with everything you've said. I appreciate your courage to stand up to the inevitable onslaught of at best criticism and at worst slander.

Keep up the good work!!

It's politically motivated and misleading garbage because it addresses crime by immigrants generally rather than isolating data regarding ILLEGAL immigrants.

:lol:

I'd be interested to know about his lobbying efforts. As far as outsourcing, it's the way the world works. Personally, I support free trade, but it's hardly hypocritical for someone calling for a rule change to play by the rules as they're written. There's also a distinction between concern for jobs lost internally (like construction and other trades where blue collar people could traditionally make a decent living) due to an influx of illegals willing to undercut the market, and jobs that are outsourced due to natural market forces.

If you support free trade then why do you support Trump? He has stated he would prevent car manufacturers from opening plants in Mexico

Trump has said one of the early things he would do as President is impose punitive tariffs on Ford Motor company to force them drop a multi-billion dollar expansion plan in Mexico which Trump says will cause job losses in the US.

This would be in direct violation of NAFTA aka "Free Trade". Trump, as shown above, has outsourced plenty as well which is hypocritical.

I'd prefer the owner of the Bills not getting heavily, publically involved in Politics outside of things that directly impact the team. I'm very happy Pegula bought the team.

Edited by jeremy2020

Mr House,

You are 100% on point with everything you've said. I appreciate your courage to stand up to the inevitable onslaught of at best criticism and at worst slander.

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks man.

If you support free trade then why do you support Trump? He has stated he would prevent car manufacturers from opening plants in Mexico

Trump has said one of the early things he would do as President is impose punitive tariffs on Ford Motor company to force them drop a multi-billion dollar expansion plan in Mexico which Trump says will cause job losses in the US.

This would be in direct violation of NAFTA aka "Free Trade". Trump, as shown above, has outsourced plenty as well which is hypocritical.

I'd prefer the owner of the Bills not getting heavily, publically involved in Politics outside of things that directly impact the team. I'm very happy Pegula bought the team.

I can disagree with someone without slandering him or passing judgment on his soul. I can also be fair with my criticism.

Aaaaahhh. Two pages with only one mention of the bills. Oh well, I guess it was inevitable. Is it possible to shut down my own thread?

Ok, one last ditch effort to make it about the bills again. Everyone tell me what u think this offseason would have been like with (bills related):

A. Jon BonJovi

B. Trump

Who would have been the coach, what would the front office and roster look like, what media attention would we be getting (would it be bad or good), would you still be a fan?

I'll go first

A. JBJ would play it cool in the first offseason and promise he was all about buffalo despite his Toronto ties, would hire a knowledgable football czar, who would decide Whaley/Brandon fate. Probably would have either promoted schwarz or ended up with a offensive coordinator as our coach... Media and attention would be positive and there would be a bunch new music events planned at the Ralph not to mention a bunch of celebrity rockers making cameos at training camp. Team would Move in 5-6 years to outrage and lawsuits. I would still be a fan until the move.

B. Trump - would wipe the entire front office and most of the offensive roster clean. Would hire an exec type to be GM and football czar. That person in turn Would hire an old school name like shannahan who would come with plenty of baggage but that he could sell to the fan base. Don't think he would be willing to take a chance on a coordinator or someone who was not already famous; This is probably for the best since both he and his football czar can not really evaluate football talent. He would still run for president. Tons of media attention. Mostly negative as he becomes more controversial. Many bills fans would finally have the push they needed to leave the bills forever as they would not be able to recognize the team they once loved. In 5-6 years we would move and people will be mostly happy they are gone. I would not be a fan after one season.

Ok. Ur turn.

Edited by BillsBackersChicago

Trump was never serious about buying the Bills. He just wanted his name in the paper.

Trump is a shock jock. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a stack in the pinata business in Mexico.