Trump - could you imagine?!

Is Bernie Sanders running a serious Presidential campaign? Just asking. America doesn't require a "serious campaign" to run for president. Anyone remember "Love 22"? Lyndon Larouche?

See my comments a few pages up

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your answer is no. Thus proof that presidential elections aren't necessarily serious, so portray them as though they should be.

It's a different kind of sadness between Trump and Sanders.

I'm so glad he has nothing to do with the Bills!

Washington Post Fact Checker: Donald Trump’s false comments connecting Mexican immigrants and crime

The problem with article it does NOT address any of the crimes associated with the illegal immigration itself (and most of it IS illegal since numbers are far beyond allowed by law whether you agree with it or not) - falsification of social security numbers including associated crimes including identity theft, taxation (same one most monsters convicted on), fraud, claiming benefits not entitled to (social security, medicaid, medicare, other aid programs), etc. These are not always violent crimes but their nature supports other criminal entities.

He's being himself, which is about promoting Donald trump, and has no place in a serious Presidential campaign. Presidents don't get into twitter fights with Hollywood writer.

The more he talks, the more he proves how much of a caricature he is.

I agree with that, but that's not what he's being smeared for. He's being smeared for saying something politically incorrect. And he absolutely is being smeared across the media. It's not even a question.

Like him or not, He's atleast got a pair of testicales.. Which is better than the rest of the politicians who can't even answer a simple question, all they do is side step and never really answer any questions.. Trump atleast isn't affraid to speak his beliefs... he's gaining traction, I'll vote for him..

Washington Post and the word "facts" do not belong in the same sentence.

Well then, go ahead and object to some of their specifics.

I thought this article, which was linked to in the WP Fact-check one, was very balanced in saying the data is contradictory: http://cis.org/ImmigrantCrime

Overall, I think the immigrant population likely does see higher-than-average conviction rates. But I'm not sure that reflects them somehow being a more dangerous of less desirable class of citizen, but more likely they are targeted more and have fewer resources to avoid incarceration.

What is very clear, however, is that Trump is not displaying the political savvy we need in a Commander in Chief.

What is very clear, however, is that Trump is not displaying the political savvy we need in a Commander in Chief.

you're fired or you're a failure won't cut it with people like Putin or Netanyahu

what's his stance on Muslims?

oops back on track

you're fired or you're a failure won't cut it with people like Roger or Kraft, or Jerruh

I agree with that, but that's not what he's being smeared for. He's being smeared for saying something politically incorrect. And he absolutely is being smeared across the media. It's not even a question.

It wasn't that it was politically incorrect, it's that it's factually wrong. Also, just like many on the immigration stance he conflates the failed immigration policy with the failed drug policy. Unfortunately both enter the USA at the same waypoints and are controlled by the same gangs.

Like him or not, He's atleast got a pair of testicales.. Which is better than the rest of the politicians who can't even answer a simple question, all they do is side step and never really answer any questions.. Trump atleast isn't affraid to speak his beliefs... he's gaining traction, I'll vote for him..

Is that Spanish for testicles? :unsure:

It wasn't that it was politically incorrect, it's that it's factually wrong. Also, just like many on the immigration stance he conflates the failed immigration policy with the failed drug policy. Unfortunately both enter the USA at the same waypoints and are controlled by the same gangs.

What is factually wrong?

I assume you place yourself in the top half? Roughly 94% of people do.

Trump doesn't have dick to do with border, immigration, or international trade policy. If you think his use of Mexican manufacturing is hypocritical then you don't understand The issue.

94% of all statistics on the internet are made up half of the time.

I think if you're going to tell me that you're going to create jobs in America and that we're getting killed by Mexico on jobs then you should not have shipped jobs out of America to Mexico. I'd also recommend reading up on Trump's lobbying efforts.

Well then, go ahead and object to some of their specifics.

I thought this article, which was linked to in the WP Fact-check one, was very balanced in saying the data is contradictory: http://cis.org/ImmigrantCrime

Overall, I think the immigrant population likely does see higher-than-average conviction rates. But I'm not sure that reflects them somehow being a more dangerous of less desirable class of citizen, but more likely they are targeted more and have fewer resources to avoid incarceration.

It's politically motivated and misleading garbage because it addresses crime by immigrants generally rather than isolating data regarding ILLEGAL immigrants.

94% of all statistics on the internet are made up half of the time.

:lol:

I think if you're going to tell me that you're going to create jobs in America and that we're getting killed by Mexico on jobs then you should not have shipped jobs out of America to Mexico. I'd also recommend reading up on Trump's lobbying efforts.

I'd be interested to know about his lobbying efforts. As far as outsourcing, it's the way the world works. Personally, I support free trade, but it's hardly hypocritical for someone calling for a rule change to play by the rules as they're written. There's also a distinction between concern for jobs lost internally (like construction and other trades where blue collar people could traditionally make a decent living) due to an influx of illegals willing to undercut the market, and jobs that are outsourced due to natural market forces.

What is factually wrong?

For starters, he referred to illegal immigrants as Mexicans, when the Mexican migration has been declining and the growth in Latin migration has come from other Central American countries and South America. You know, little details that a Presidential candidate should be aware of, unless he's just trying to rile up a populist base with false rhetoric, like tying in migrants, drugs and rapes to make it seem like they're one and the same. To me the saddest part is his populist rants on trade. Mexico & China should be kicking our butt on low skill, low wage jobs, and that's why he licenses his name out to schlocky clothing that is produced in those countries. A billionaire should understand those economic realities and explain why they happen instead of hypocritically railing about them. Who does he think work in the bowels of his hotels & golf courses?

For starters, he referred to illegal immigrants as Mexicans, when the Mexican migration has been declining and the growth in Latin migration has come from other Central American countries and South America. You know, little details that a Presidential candidate should be aware of, unless he's just trying to rile up a populist base with false rhetoric, like tying in migrants, drugs and rapes to make it seem like they're one and the same. To me the saddest part is his populist rants on trade. Mexico & China should be kicking our butt on low skill, low wage jobs, and that's why he licenses his name out to schlocky clothing that is produced in those countries. A billionaire should understand those economic realities and explain why they happen instead of hypocritically railing about them. Who does he think work in the bowels of his hotels & golf courses?

I'm kind of with you on the trade thing, but I think you're being unfair about the other part. I could be mistaken, but I think he clarified that it wasn't just Mexicans. And while I agree, the failed drug policy is largely to blame, it doesn't change the fact that a lot of drugs are coming across the Mexican border and routed through networks comprised largely of illegal aliens.

And the fact that a lot of illegals come to the US to work doesn't change the fact that a lot of illegals commit violent crimes, nor does it change the fact that immigration law and undocumented status makes it difficult if not impossible for the criminal justice system to effectively address the problem.

But even if everything you say is correct, it doesn't change the fact that this smear campaign is based on saying racist things about Mexicans, not conflating border issues.