Drew Willy- CFL

Just finished watching the CFL game between Winnipeg & Hamilton from Thursday night, which was broadcast on ESPN2. I had paid enough attention to the CFL to know that Drew Willy was the starting QB for Winnipeg, backed up by Brian Brohm, and Steve Tasker's kid played for Hamilton so I recorded the game.

It turns out, young Tasker didn't play due to injury but Willy started and had a good 1st quarter before getting knocked out of the game with a concussion. In came our old friend Brohm, who tossed 2 pick sixes as Hamilton won the game easily.

How was Brohm so good in college and yet such a terrible pro?

What do they call that - a system quarterback?

Meaning that outside of a "system" (like Petrino's) that they may not be much of a quarterback at all?

I thought Brohm looked pretty bad, with underthrows and off-target throws aplenty. Oh, and the two pick-6 plays.

I was a Brohm supporter when he was with Buffalo, but I see why he never got much playing time. He lacks a lot as a pro QB.

I am enjoying watching those CFL games, though!

What do they call that - a system quarterback?

Meaning that outside of a "system" (like Petrino's) that they may not be much of a quarterback at all?

I thought Brohm looked pretty bad, with underthrows and off-target throws aplenty. Oh, and the two pick-6 plays.

I was a Brohm supporter when he was with Buffalo, but I see why he never got much playing time. He lacks a lot as a pro QB.

I am enjoying watching those CFL games, though!

Yeah, I see they've adopted some of the NFL rules with the over 5-yard illegal contact, coach challenges, etc. but I do like their allowing of motion. There were frequently plays with 3 receivers running towards the line of scrimmage. I've never cared for the NFL rules regarding motion or lack thereof.