Joe B. predicts the 53 for week 1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Special teams were a huge part of us staying in and/or winning games last season. With a vastly improved offense, we may not need quite as much help from the special teams, but the sport remains a three-phase sport. Dixon has proven to be reliable enough when called on to run the ball and has also proven to be a major asset on teams. Brown has proven to be unreliable, even if the ceiling as a back is higher.

Boobie's status will probably depend on how well Karlos does in TC. If he can do what Boobie does, there'd be little reason to keep Boobie around.

In the end, I see only two backs getting most of the snaps, anyway. McCoy and Fred as long as their healthy.

Boobie's status will probably depend on how well Karlos does in TC. If he can do what Boobie does, there'd be little reason to keep Boobie around.

In the end, I see only two backs getting most of the snaps, anyway. McCoy and Fred as long as their healthy.

The third back if its Boobie or Karlos will likely have some short yardage work.

I still think if Boobie can show that he could at a pinch play fullback if Felton goes down in a game (and thereby avoid half their playbook going out of the window) that goes in his favour of making the roster. I still see them keeping 4 backs plus a full back.

The third back if its Boobie or Karlos will likely have some short yardage work.

I still think if Boobie can show that he could at a pinch play fullback if Felton goes down in a game (and thereby avoid half their playbook going out of the window) that goes in his favour of making the roster. I still see them keeping 4 backs plus a full back.

I agree. Boobie may not be the number 3 back, but I feel as if Roman wants versatility (and yes I know he cut Boobie in SF).

I agree. Boobie may not be the number 3 back, but I feel as if Roman wants versatility (and yes I know he cut Boobie in SF).

i have no idea but it's at least possible that he wanted to keep him and it was Harbaugh or Baalke's decision. He didn't get cut though - he signed with the Bills as a FA.

It kind of depends upon how much influence Bobby April gets over the roster, not? In theory, it should be recognized that ST is a big part of the game and you keep a core group of people who can really get it done there (Easley, Boobie, maybe one more)

Dixon averaged 4.1 ypc to Brown's 3.5. The Brown hype is unreal. Dude has had like 4 good games since high school.

Dixon plays STs as well. I think he makes the team.

He doesn't just "play" special teams, he excels at them.

It kind of depends upon how much influence Bobby April gets over the roster, not? In theory, it should be recognized that ST is a big part of the game and you keep a core group of people who can really get it done there (Easley, Boobie, maybe one more)

I don't think Bobby April has any influence on the Bills roster.