What's the Oldest "Edible" Bills-Related Item You Stil Hav

I got some chocolate Bills ornaments from 1980's. One broke last year and I ate it, still good.

You're braver than I!! Yesterday, when I came across that old Kelly Krunch choc., bar, the left side was a bit puffy while the right half still had it original shape. I think I'm going to donate it to a high school science teacher so they can study it under the microscope.

On a bit of a side note, that's why I put quotes around Edible in my title of the post.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents bought two bottles of champagne at a Tops supermarket before the first Super Bowl appearance. We watched the game at my grandparents' home on a tiny TV among cousins, aunts, uncles and other family. My parents were unable to pop the corks in celebration, so they saved the bottles and brought them back out for the next Super Bowl. For four years, my parents had those bottles of champagne ready for the victory dance, and for four years they went unopened. They held on to the bottles for years, hoping.

In 2001, my grandfather passed away, and with him my dream of watching the Bills win the Super Bowl with him. A few years later, my dad's sister died unexpectedly, and another piece of the dream slipped away.

After I moved to D.C., my parents passed the champagne on to me. I've carried those bottles with me through five homes, two cities, one divorce, two marriages, the birth of my son and another child on the way. I've said goodbye to friends, lost faith, and found it again. I've raised my son, who knows nothing about the unsealed wounds of a city, to become a Bills fan. Those bottles of champagne are still with me.

One day soon I hope to pop those corks and drink a toast to hopes fulfilled at last, to heartaches healed, to ghosts vanquished and to dreams realized. The champagne will likely have turned to bitter vinegar by now, but I reckon it'll be the best tasting thing my lips have ever known

My parents also passed one down to me. I have a 1991 Championship Season bottle. We share the same hope to sometime soon!

My parents bought two bottles of champagne at a Tops supermarket before the first Super Bowl appearance. We watched the game at my grandparents' home on a tiny TV among cousins, aunts, uncles and other family. My parents were unable to pop the corks in celebration, so they saved the bottles and brought them back out for the next Super Bowl. For four years, my parents had those bottles of champagne ready for the victory dance, and for four years they went unopened. They held on to the bottles for years, hoping.

In 2001, my grandfather passed away, and with him my dream of watching the Bills win the Super Bowl with him. A few years later, my dad's sister died unexpectedly, and another piece of the dream slipped away.

After I moved to D.C., my parents passed the champagne on to me. I've carried those bottles with me through five homes, two cities, one divorce, two marriages, the birth of my son and another child on the way. I've said goodbye to friends, lost faith, and found it again. I've raised my son, who knows nothing about the unsealed wounds of a city, to become a Bills fan. Those bottles of champagne are still with me.

One day soon I hope to pop those corks and drink a toast to hopes fulfilled at last, to heartaches healed, to ghosts vanquished and to dreams realized. The champagne will likely have turned to bitter vinegar by now, but I reckon it'll be the best tasting thing my lips have ever known

I'm so glad you posted this. Thanks, Wicked. This is what's so great about being a Bills fan. One can put up pretty much any topic about the Bills, and fellow fans share stuff that's so much a part of their lives and their family. The Bills franchise/teams, are part of our family. Again, thanks Wicked, and Go Bills.

I too have this Bottle of Champagne sitting on my shelve.

Hindsight being 20 20, I wish I'd bought a bottle of Bourdoux or Cateauxneuf du Pape for Super Bowl 25, that way if they didn't win, the stuff would be getting better with age having to wait this long. Come on Bills!!

My Dad still has an empty box of Flutie Flakes, but that's it. Interesting thread. Man it's June alright and nothing to talk about that is the Bills.

Got that right, with the last sentence in your post. There's even an article about how Manuel is beating out Cassel & Taylor in OTA's. Really? That's about as significant as being the tallest midget in a crowded elevator! Is it Sept. 13th yet?