Pats******* release Tim Wright

Don't the kinda like the backup there?

Also, I know you are in NO, but what were your thoughts about the Graham trade? Personally, I think the Seahwaks ripped them off. Of course, Graham is one of my favorite players in the league. But stud TEs don't grow on trees.

i hear graham never got over the contract battle and let it bleed into the building during the season even after he signed. if true, in that context i think its better than initial appearance. still rough to see a guy with that potential go.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like the Brown trade and I don't think this is brilliant by the Pats. Personally, I would have let Chandler, Wright, and Fred Davis all battle it out in camp.

I think Wright is just a big wide receiver though. I love TEs. I would kick the tires on him.

seems odd to pull the trigger now, unless theres more to it. with davis being davis and gronk being beat up so often, youd think the insurance policy that is wright would be valuable through august at the very least. without knowing their plan it does feel like it has potential to end up a little like releasing tjax earlier, and then dealing with kolb and EJ issues.

I remember getting told over and over Chandler has no chance of being the #2 TE for NE. No way he jumps Wright or Hooman-whatever on the depth chart, they said. He's gonna be a camp body in case of injuries, they said.

i think nearly everyone arguing with you said that he would be gronks primary backup while wright would be in a different role. which is a little different than how you are framing it.

seems odd to pull the trigger now, unless theres more to it. with davis being davis and gronk being beat up so often, youd think the insurance policy that is wright would be valuable through august at the very least. without knowing their plan it does feel like it has potential to end up a little like releasing tjax earlier, and then dealing with kolb and EJ issues.

i think nearly everyone arguing with you said that he would be gronks primary backup while wright would be in a different role. which is a little different than how you are framing it.[/quote

No. I was told that he was goig to be the #3 behind both, with Hooman as the blocking guy. Chandler was on the bubble.

Not saying that Wright was in the doghouse but Belly said last year that he was facing a steep learning curve. He was a completely forgotten man in the later part of the Pats 2014 season and was not an option for Brady in the post season. As has already been mentioned he's not really a true tight end or even a hybrid. He's a big wide receiver. I'm not shocked by this and not surprised either that vets like Chandler or Davis might be seen as better to work with Brady at this time. In the right system and if used properly the kid has proven that he is capable of producing so he should not clear waivers.

That's a small thing people take for granted. I knew some kids on the Coastal Carolina sports teams while I lived in Myrtle Beach...one thing they always spoke about was how appreciative they were that a teammate knew how to cut their hair. Most kids like this always want to be looking sharp, and can sometimes cut their hair once a week. That's anywhere from $40-$100+ a month on keeping their hair cut clean and "looking fresh," as they would say. It helps to save a lot of money when a friend can do it right.

On a sidenote, in regards to Wright...I would absolutely bring him in, he's no worse than Gragg and Gray, and could challenge both.

I don't see the Bucs taking him back, they drafted Austin Seferian-Jenkins and I expect him to breakout rather soon, probably this year.

That's a small thing people take for granted. I knew some kids on the Coastal Carolina sports teams while I lived in Myrtle Beach...one thing they always spoke about was how appreciative they were that a teammate knew how to cut their hair. Most kids like this always want to be looking sharp, and can sometimes cut their hair once a week. That's anywhere from $40-$100+ a month on keeping their hair cut clean and "looking fresh," as they would say. It helps to save a lot of money when a friend can do it right.

On a sidenote, in regards to Wright...I would absolutely bring him in, he's no worse than Gragg and Gray, and could challenge both.

I don't see the Bucs taking him back, they drafted Austin Seferian-Jenkins and I expect him to breakout rather soon, probably this year.

At a 585k salary he's also no more expensive

that's the champions way of doing things. Look at how many moves pete carroll makes. They are upgrading their position with chandler and I think he will do real well with brady. I just hope its not against us.

On the Bills, Chandler is a dud. WIth the Pats** he's a big upgrade? :blink:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Here's an All-22 look at Wright while he was with the Bucs, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/12/4831222/all-22-tim-wright-emerges-as-a-weapon-for-the-buccaneers#4018823

At a 585k salary he's also no more expensive

Ok, so if he is better than them, you upgrade while spending no money...it's a win-win situation.

EDIT: Sorry, think I misunderstood what you were saying. Lol.

Edited by Bubbles from Sunnyvale

On the Bills, Chandler is a dud. WIth the Pats** he's a big upgrade? :blink:

because of pass heavy O and Brady, I assume. I don't think we know yet if Chandler is an upgrade because we've never seen him in that system with a HOF qb Edited by YoloinOhio