Received an unexpected $500 bucks. Suggestions?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a gift for you Im sure....

Or Meat7. I'll fill it with 5 gallons of really really cheap wine for him. He wouldnt even know the difference.

And you'll need a $1,000 watch to complement that $500 suit. Don't cheap out.

You guys want a pimp?

I already have the 70's music, so I could.

I would go the 20/25 route, you can get a lot of variety and if you don't like a couple, it's only $25 so you don't feel as though you wasted your money. I'd be afraid of a $500 bottle of wine, but again, i am a rank amateur when it comes to wine.

Now here's the question. Would you prefer one $500 bottle of wine or 20 $25 dollar bottles?

I don't know but I hear he's out standing in it. :D

I would go buy yourself something fun (new set of irons, TV, something for a man cave). Treat yourself to something that you'd like to have for you.

If you decide to not spend it all on 1 shot put it towards Christmas. I know that it's boring and a little early but you can really make it a great Christmas for your family if you add another $500 to the budget.

I would go the 20/25 route, you can get a lot of variety and if you don't like a couple, it's only $25 so you don't feel as though you wasted your money. I'd be afraid of a $500 bottle of wine, but again, i am a rank amateur when it comes to wine.

Me personally I'd go with 2 $250 bottles of wine. One bottle's not enough. The only challenge after the second you wake up pissed because you just spent $500 on wine and don't remember how good they were.

Small auto claim last year. Paid $500 to get car fixed and now Progressive recovered it from the old lady.

Im not broke at all, but not rich either.

All my bills are paid and I only have $360 in total credit card debt. Really just cause I bought a laptop last week from Dell.

This is like finding $500 since Progressive told me that the old lady would most likely not pay for the damage, even in collections...

Now someone might say, pay the laptop and you still have $140 to take your kids out to a nice dinner. BORING BORING BORING

Any other NON BORING suggestions?

Ps. As the loveable husband that I am I tell my wife EVERYTHING. Except I didnt tell her this. Not yet anyway. I'll tell her later this week.

Take the wifey on a vacation

ouch...what field are you in?(not to hijack the thread)

A variety of Engineering tasks. Hardware integration design and test, Harness Design most recently. prior to that Cellphone Test Engineer, Internet Transport Network testing, then 20years at Harris / RFComm Harness Design, Hardware integration design and test.

DC area wants a lot of IT people and for most other positions current TS w/Plly. Plus they are ramping up for free Intern work for the summer.

This week was active, 2 in person interviews, both look good.

One of them I have a 3rd interview (2nd in person) which is very promising tomorrow.

best of luck, that does sound very promising. fingers are crossed for you.

A variety of Engineering tasks. Hardware integration design and test, Harness Design most recently. prior to that Cellphone Test Engineer, Internet Transport Network testing, then 20years at Harris / RFComm Harness Design, Hardware integration design and test.

DC area wants a lot of IT people and for most other positions current TS w/Plly. Plus they are ramping up for free Intern work for the summer.

One of them I have a 3rd interview (2nd in person) which is very promising tomorrow.

Good luck!

Take the wifey on a vacation

That will happen in October.

I would go buy yourself something fun (new set of irons, TV, something for a man cave). Treat yourself to something that you'd like to have for you.

If you decide to not spend it all on 1 shot put it towards Christmas. I know that it's boring and a little early but you can really make it a great Christmas for your family if you add another $500 to the budget.

Good suggestions.

However how many irons can one household really need?

The one we have works just fine. It's a black and decker iron. Pretty sweet actually. Stainless steel I think. Pretty nice. Retractable cord. You know. Get the job done with the right amount of steam.

Cool man. Hopefully you get the best job.

Jk.

If you don't do something now, it will just sit in your house or the bank. You gotta act fast, man!

You're right. I will decide within the next 10 days.

Probably the last update:

I couldnt resist. I showed the wife the check...................................................

Didnt give her the green light. Just showed it to her.

Im lame. I only waited one day. Received check Monday. Showed it to her Tuesday night.