Thoughts are with you TX & OK neighbors

Beerball

Thanks. I mentioned in the memorial day thread. We had a great party on the patio Saturday night. It rained HARD for three hours straight, then just a normal rain for the rest of the night. I was thankful for no wind or lightening near us. The weather made for a nice, intimate, memorable evening.

Thanks. I mentioned in the memorial day thread. We had a great party on the patio Saturday night. It rained HARD for three hours straight, then just a normal rain for the rest of the night. I was thankful for no wind or lightening near us. The weather made for a nice, intimate, memorable evening.

That sounds amazing!

Parties outside under a canopy whilst rain falls around you are one of the best settings imaginable IMO.

Will pray for those in the area

Edited by thebandit27

Oklahoma has to have some of the most extreme weather differentials on the planet. In five years, in this order: local records set: Cold (-38F) snow (idk ~24-36 inches in a day) , Hot (117F), drought, rain (~20 inches so far in may). We have had far fewer tornadoes in the NE part of the state lately though, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

37 inches of rain at my house since April 1st.

Day-umm! I feel bad for those who have been flooded, but boy this rain is a good thing! Lakes are full, pastures are green! Good for the economy too. Beef prices should come down. Edited by SAMMY HANDWICH

Thanks!

Doing well here in the DeCordova Bend Estates in Granbury.

I am near Lake Granbury but not along the lake line.

Our issue so far is dodging a sudden flash flood along with dark roads that you can't tell how much water is over them.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

Rain finally over - no rain forecast for the next 8 days.

Total rainfall at my house:

Year to date: 53 inches

Since April 1st: 41 inches

http://water.weather.gov/precip/index.php?yday=1410220800&yday_analysis=0&layer%5B%5D=0&layer%5B%5D=1&layer%5B%5D=2&layer%5B%5D=4&timetype=RECENT&loctype=WFO&units=engl&timeframe=year2date&product=dep_normal&loc=wfoFWD