[closed]All the new EJ talk seems to have come from WKBW

It's strange how rumors can blow up so quickly. I was wondering why suddenly people are talking about EJ not making the team, being traded to Philly, not being good enough to make this team.

It looks like speculation on behalf of Joe Buscaglia of WKBW. His interpretation of a few comments here and there led him to publishing an article about this.

So it got picked up nationally, and suddenly we are, as SI says, "in panic mode."

Not cool. Let's at least get to camp with the full squad, and see who does what. Even if he's right, and EJ wasn't first round material, plenty of non-first round quarterbacks have fared well in the NFL.

To be fair, it started as comments by Carucci.

THEN it got picked up my Joe B, who ran with it. From that, Trolldak, who is too lazy to do his own reporting unless it's doing terrible interviews with Shady, added to the fuel by pretty much retweeting what Joe B wrote. After that it was off to the races.

I like Joe B, but Jesus, EJ must have stolen his girlfriend at some point.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

i believe Vic Carucci made a similar comment last week and Joe just ran with it

EJ will not be cut, his contract has two years left and is guaranteed

who would they replace him with? would they really keep Tuel over EJ? I highly doubt it

The media sure is running with that story they pulled out of thin air. It's gone from "Cassel was brought in to be a backup" to "But if EJ cant beat him out, they may not keep EJ around" to "EJ is in trouble and the Bills might cut him" to "The Eagles might trade for EJ".

Also, IN since this is the 4th thread on the topic.

It's strange how rumors can blow up so quickly. I was wondering why suddenly people are talking about EJ not making the team, being traded to Philly, not being good enough to make this team.

It looks like speculation on behalf of Joe Buscaglia of WKBW. His interpretation of a few comments here and there led him to publishing an article about this.

So it got picked up nationally, and suddenly we are, as SI says, "in panic mode."

Not cool. Let's at least get to camp with the full squad, and see who does what. Even if he's right, and EJ wasn't first round material, plenty of non-first round quarterbacks have fared well in the NFL.

The articles surrounding the sale and possible relocation of the team provided many examples of non-news. There was one such example where a tiny newspaper in midwest runs an article about the Bills moving to LA which paraphrased a year old puff piece printed by ESPN. This article in the Wichita Daily or some BS then gets picked up on twitter and with the original source obscured by the electronic version of the kids' game telephone, you have Schefter retweeting as rumors that Bills are moving to LA. Eventually it comes full circle when ESPN prints another article reacting to Schefter's latest scoop who was retweeting baseless chatter from the midwest based on an article from a no name outlet in Pennsyltucky which repackaged an ESPN puff piece.

This same loop of re-tread articles based on stale news or interviews played out repeatedly.