Who are the Whaley "Stars" on the Bills roster?

Hasn't Whaley only been in charge of the last two drafts? It seems to get complicated if we try to give him credit or ding him for any drafts or specific draft picks before the last two.

I cannot give Whaley all that much credit for the Watkins pick since Watkins was viewed as the top WR in the draft going into that draft and the Bills gave up a first and fourth to get him. My view is that a GM shows drafting expertise when a player far exceeds expectations based on where he was picked or the GM bypasses more highly rated players at a specific position and drafts a player with a lower rating who turns out to be the superior player.

Huh, if you don't give a GM credit when a player is viewed as being drafted as rated and meets expectations, does that mean you don't give a GM blame when a player is viewed as being drafted as rated and fails to meet expectations?

Hasn't Whaley only been in charge of the last two drafts? It seems to get complicated if we try to give him credit or ding him for any drafts or specific draft picks before the last two.

I cannot give Whaley all that much credit for the Watkins pick since Watkins was viewed as the top WR in the draft going into that draft and the Bills gave up a first and fourth to get him. My view is that a GM shows drafting expertise when a player far exceeds expectations based on where he was picked or the GM bypasses more highly rated players at a specific position and drafts a player with a lower rating who turns out to be the superior player.

:rolleyes:

Assuming that Gilmore/Dareus/Kyle/Mario/Cordy/A. Williams/ etc. are considered Nix guys or predecessor guys, who are the top players Whaley gets credit for.

Jerry Hughes and Lesean McCoy seem to be the only two. Maybe Preston Brown. But really, other than hughes and an RB with a bloated contract has Whaley really added talent that is more than role players?

Wow, where to start? Hughes and McCoy are the only two?

I think it pertinent to note that prior to Whaley joining the Bills as Assistant General Manager in 2010 the only "star" the Bills had in the previous decade (give or take) was a punter.

This place is really amazing sometimes.

Last month, I was told Nix was a bum because he inherited a team with a bunch of good players, and all the new good players were from Whaley.

Now, I'm being told that all of the good players on our team are from when Nix was here, and Whaley doesnt have any/many good players representing his tenure.

Couldn't it be, considering Whaley was here from the get-go of Nix's tenure, that they BOTH worked together to create the current stockpile of talent? It's always "one or the other" with Bills fans, we can't just have two nice things together. We always need one side to hate, even though the truth usually lies in the grey area in between.

Assuming that Gilmore/Dareus/Kyle/Mario/Cordy/A. Williams/ etc. are considered Nix guys or predecessor guys, who are the top players Whaley gets credit for.

Jerry Hughes and Lesean McCoy seem to be the only two. Maybe Preston Brown. But really, other than hughes and an RB with a bloated contract has Whaley really added talent that is more than role players?

Whaley was in charge of Defensive scouting under Nix, so it is likely that he was the dude pounding the table for Gilmore, Dareus, and A. Williams - I don't think it's unreasonable to categorize those guys as "Whaley Stars." Mario was kind of a no-brainer.

This place is really amazing sometimes.

Last month, I was told Nix was a bum because he inherited a team with a bunch of good players, and all the new good players were from Whaley.

Now, I'm being told that all of the good players on our team are from when Nix was here, and Whaley doesnt have any/many good players representing his tenure.

Couldn't it be, considering Whaley was here from the get-go of Nix's tenure, that they BOTH worked together to create the current stockpile of talent? It's always "one or the other" with Bills fans, we can't just have two nice things together. We always need one side to hate, even though the truth usually lies in the grey area in between.

Was it the same person?

Whaley was in charge of Defensive scouting under Nix, so it is likely that he was the dude pounding the table for Gilmore, Dareus, and A. Williams - I don't think it's unreasonable to categorize those guys as "Whaley Stars." Mario was kind of a no-brainer.

Doubtful,anyone "pounded the table" for Dareus. My Mom would have drafted him. No one in the league expected anyone else. Edited by Best Player Available