Bills hosting the "Terminator" FB John Connor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DraftDiamonds: Were told that the #Bills love Conner's blocking ability & would like to add him as a compliment to Jerome Felton. Also ST and Big Back sets

@ChrisTrapasso: I thhiiink #Bills OC Greg Roman wants to be able to roll out a 7 OL, 2 FB, 1 RB formation.

@DraftDiamonds: Were told that the #Bills Rex loves Conner's blocking ability & would like to add him as a compliment to Jerome Felton. Also ST and Big Back sets

@ChrisTrapasso: I thhiiink #Bills OC Greg Roman wants to be able to roll out a 7 OL, 2 FB, 1 RB formation.

@DraftDiamonds: Were told that the #Bills Rex loves Conner's blocking ability & would like to add him as a compliment to Jerome Felton. Also ST and Big Back sets

ha - well, Rex would know. And, the Jets have been pretty successful running the ball.

The Bills have 5 RBs, would be 2 FB's with Conner, and a bunch of TEs. Lots of guys would have to go by the end of training camp with those numbers. I am certainly skeptical that the Bills will carry 2 FBs. I'm wondering if it's just a matter of contingency plans in case Felton gets hurt. Dixon, Williams, Clay, and Oleary can also block well in the backfield.

They also picked up a UDFA Lee Smith type, Clay Burton.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

They are also carrying like 13 or 14 Wrs into TC. I am thinking it has something to do with how they are setting up the qb competition with the two fields - they want an actual FB on each field to duplicate the plays... And need all those WRs for the same reason?

They are also carrying like 13 or 14 Wrs into TC. I am thinking it has something to do with how they are setting up the qb competition with the two fields - they want an actual FB on each field to duplicate the plays... And need all those WRs for the same reason?

Exactly. Roman likely wants to go heavy with the FB, and obviously you don't want Felton having to run all the reps in camp.

Roman used two FBs in SF. I'd rather have the TEs fill that roll for roster space, but too soon to know what the plan is.

also, if Felton got hurt, we would have no true FB and he clearly wants one. If Conner goes thru camp he will know the offense and even if he gets cut due to roster trimming, they could bring him back during the season if Felton gets hurt. Then it wouldn't be like bringing in someone cold and having to learn the offense. Edited by YoloinOhio

just watched the clip in the OP. i miss "fat Rex." he looks like an anorexic girl now with those chicken legs. we need to fatten him up :)

i think he had that lap band surgery. He could only eat like one or two wings at Big Tree, read that somewhere. Lol

i think he had that lap band surgery. He could only eat like one or two wings at Big Tree, read that somewhere. Lol

Buffalo is a great place to test the integrity of one's lap band...I wish it luck...John Conner would be a cult figure on the team...would love to see it....

Update- glad to see it...