Ticket Prices Released.... STH discount is reduced.

K-No

In the past, you could look at it as Season Ticket Holders got the pre-season games for free when you added up the price of all the regular season ticket prices and compared it to your invoice price.

Not this year. Although not full price, the STH discount has been reduced. Maybe it's just in my ticket location.

Another topic:

I went to check out prices on NFL Ticket Exchange for a game or two where I might want extra tickets. Several tickets are for sale.

Then I went to post a game that I know I can't make, and find that I can't do it yet.

When I asked my STH rep, he said the tickets posted are from preferred ticket vendors who have early selling privileges.

Not so sure I like STH not getting at least a fair shot. Just sayin.

Edited by K-No

In the past, you could look at it as Season Ticket Holders got the pre-season games for free when you added up the price of all the regular season ticket prices and compared it to your invoice price.

Not this year. Although not full price, the STH discount has been reduced. Maybe it's just in my ticket location.

Another topic:

I went to check out prices on NFL Ticket Exchange for a game or two where I might want extra tickets. Several tickets are for sale.

Then I went to post a game that I know I can't make, and find that I can't do it yet.

When I asked my STH rep, he said the tickets posted are from preferred ticket vendors who have early selling privileges.

You also may not be able to sell your tickets yet if you are on the payment plan and have not completely paid for your tickets. That has happened to me in the past. As we get closer to the season, I ask my ticket rep to release the first few games to allow me to sell tickets for those games.

In the past, you could look at it as Season Ticket Holders got the pre-season games for free when you added up the price of all the regular season ticket prices and compared it to your invoice price.Not this year. Although not full price, the STH discount has been reduced. Maybe it's just in my ticket location.Another topic:I went to check out prices on NFL Ticket Exchange for a game or two where I might want extra tickets. Several tickets are for sale.Then I went to post a game that I know I can't make, and find that I can't do it yet.When I asked my STH rep, he said the tickets posted are from preferred ticket vendors who have early selling privileges.Not so sure I like STH not getting at least a fair shot. Just sayin.

Well,if another team in Buffalo that plays hockey, is any other indication of what is to come. Their tickets price increases averaged over the past three seasons are the highest in the league. might need to drill another well too keep up........

In terms of the STH discount it is a bit of a moving target. In a high demand situation (where the Bills are comparatively) they want to try to move as many people "up the ladder" as possible. They do not necessarily want the STH gobbling up all of the extra tickets. This best season ticket leads are multi game buyers followed by single game buyers.

The Bills still have scarcity with the way that presages work. They can limit high demand games to season ticket packages but at the same time add leads to the pipeline. That's the reasoning behind it. If the season ticket number drops to 35k next year you will see the single game price for STH drop quite a bit trying to entice them to buy more.

I think the Bills themselves are selling tickets at a markup and not letting season tickets holder do it, if the OP's rep said this BS about preferred sellers or whatever.

Teams, bands, etc. are doing this crap all the time now.

Many of the season ticket holders buying extra tickets were just scalpers. The Bills want to sell out all games and get more fans not feed the scalpers selling to opposing fans.

That may be true but if it weren't for them there would have been a lot more blackouts. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Well,if another team in Buffalo that plays hockey, is any other indication of what is to come. Their tickets price increases averaged over the past three seasons are the highest in the league. might need to drill another well too keep up........

So your SabreSpace name is PA then.

• 2 weeks later...

Another topic:

I wonder if these are the "preferred ticket vendors":

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/newschannel5/news/newschannel-5-investigates/Ticket-Deal-Put-Titans-In-Business-With-Scalper-304167631.html

If people aren't going to Titans games how can a scalper make any money? There has to be demand. Selling to out of town fans? They can buy directly from the team now.

If people aren't going to Titans games how can a scalper make any money? There has to be demand. Selling to out of town fans? They can buy directly from the team now.

Because he's negotiated his own discounts with them. Including them giving him hundred or thousands of free preseason tickets that they "had a clerical error" and accounted for them as giveaways to military people.