Why no consideration for Jeff Tuel?

"..Tuel is a gamer, who never thinks the game is too big for him." .

this is easily the most hilarious thing I've read today. Thx!

Unheralded player remembered for one colossal mistake. That's why.

I think of Cleveland after EJ got hurt. He remindended me of the qb in "the replacements" hiding behind the ref begging him to blow the whistle...

Let this sink in....Worse.than.thad.lewis... Yeah

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

throwing that pick on KC's goal line two years ago.JMHO

You mean just like Wilson threw in the SB ?

I have been to two of the practices at Rochester last year and each Time I was there I thought he was the best player at QB both times there. Gets rid of the ball much quicker.

I have been to two of the practices at Rochester last year and each Time I was there I thought he was the best player at QB both times there. Gets rid of the ball much quicker.

Hacket and Marrone hamstrung the offense...except of course when Tuel was the QB. Then it was all his fault. :lol:

I like Tuel & hope he gets a fair shot. He has a good arm, thick skin & plenty of moxi. He's more accurate than Tyrod.

He allready lost out, Rex said on day 2 of the voluntary workouts that Tuell was out of the running and that it was now a 3-way QB competition.

Remember all those great preseason Trent Edwards had? Why not evaluate Tuel on his regular season game performances?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TuelJe00.htm

And those stats look prettier than the actual games.

I did talk about his games during the season. What are pre-season games for if you don't evaluate players? It must be doing something right to stick on this team this long. All I'm saying is why not give him a shot. It's not like we great QB's in front of him.

Oh, so now Jeff Tuel is comparable to Russel Wilson.

Jeff Tuel is not good, you people need to get over this.

Tuel was really good two preseasons ago. He was used in a couple regular season games, then threw a pick near goal line for a quick 6. Ended up really being on the receiver because he slipped. Following year all the QB's sucked and got cut except EJ. Tuel was resigned and put on the practice squad were he remained. Tuel can throw down field, his accuracy gets bad when pressured which happened a lot here and in college. I for one have no problem giving them all a chance but see no way Cassel doesn't land the job if healthy. If that happens I could see EJ gone and Tuel backing him up with Tyrod Taylor sitting. Reason I say this is both are pocket QB's. If EJ wins Tyrod may win backup and other two cut. Offensive style and fit will drive who stays along with accuracy.

Tuel was not good in that KC game outside of the pick-6. He was lousy. The pick-6 was completely on Tuel; the WR (TJ Graham) did NOT slip. Actually, it was the CB that stumbled when Stevie faked him out, and he ended up standing right between Graham and Tuel, and Tuel hit him in the numbers:

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/3609/dissecting-tuels-game-changing-pick-six

http://thebiglead.com/2013/11/03/jeff-tuel-threw-a-101-yard-pick-six-against-the-chiefs/

Haha. Tuel got 4 pages??? Tuel has already succeed every expectation. He had an awful record in college. He got benched and barely played his senior year. He made the team because of injuries. He got to start a NFL, which we somehow lost despite having 200 yards rushing and the Chiefs not scoring td.

Tuel has done amazing. But he probably won't be the NFL after camp. I still salute the dude because he has done well with very litte.

I just happened to watch a lot of Jeff Tuel highlights from both college and the one game he played in the NFL. Having been scratching my head as to why he was on the roster, I honestly have changed opinion after watching and have completely changed idea now thinking that he is a great player. In the NFL game I see a TON of dropped passes by receivers, and in college I see a lot of impressive passing with a horrible offensive line. I just want to know if there are any insiders in here that can explain why Jeff Tuel isn't getting more consideration for the starting role? He's young with a prototypical QB size and seems to have intelligence. I think he could be franchise quality if given the chance and experience especially with this team and the amount of weapons it offers him. Rex Ryan keeps forgetting to mention him in the QB competition and downplays his talent whenever asked about it. It really makes me wonder.

we'll see. time will tell.

Let's see ... lack of a big-time arm, questionable judgment (see KC game and pick-6), limited mobility ... shall I go on? He had one opportunity a few seasons ago and he blew it. Tuel, like so many other developmental QBs, would really benefit from playing time in a spring league. But the NFL is too boneheaded to realize this and construct such a league. It would also whet the appetite of fans crying out for football year round.

Hey, just saw a newer pic of him, looks like he aged about 5 years, and bulked up quite a bit!

Yup, he looks at least 17-18 years old now.

It's "TOOL TIME BABY" - JK

But seriously, he does look bigger.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/10857125_10153170129090659_6529022253518841190_o.jpg

A few observations in the photo:

(1) TT is tiny and he's thinking about running

(2) Teul isn't even allowed to have a football

(3) EJ isn't holding his ball correctly... His eyes look slow even though you can tell by his superior sweat ring he works hard

(4) Cassell is the only guy with his eyes downfield making the right read even though he is almost as slow as the qb coach

I thought he did pretty well overall against KC's top 5 defense that year in his first start......

Pretty well? 46% completion, a TD and 2 INTs in a team loss.

What, pray tell, would you consider to be a bad game, short of dying on the field?