Crystal Ball: Top Prospects for 2016 NFL Draft

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sn_nfl

The Cardale Jones debate: Did he whiff by not leaving for 2015 NFL draft? http://dlvr.it/CWhMKl

CR7_o0uUEAAH8Ho.jpg

From a drafting position standpoint not coming out last year hurt him. But from a player development standpoint staying and developing his game, even if he is drafted at a lower position, will be useful when he enters the pro ranks . In his college career he has minimal playing experience. What good is it being drafted sooner and higher and be less prepared to paly in the pro game.

What is evident with his play this year is that he still has a long way to go to be a polished qb and be adequately enough prepared to make the transition to the pro game. When you watch qb such as Connor Cook or Goff you realize how rudimentary his skills are at this point. It's not about how high you will be drafted so much as putting oneself in a better position to succeed at the next level.

The fact he didn't declare last year when he was a top pick makes me laugh.

You are laughing at a 22 year old kid who made a decision to stay in school, get his degree, and continue to prepare for an NFL career instead of jumping in completely raw? Do you even know the story on Jones?

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

The fact he didn't declare last year when he was a top pick makes me laugh.

He still has some really exciting tools for a NFL team to want to develop. He'll also be sitting behind an elite player in JT Barrett by the way after he already forced a really good player, in Braxton Miller, to move to WR. He'll be drafted in the next year or two when he comes out, no doubt.

Watched UCLA Vs Cal and both Goff (would be cool if his name was Goth ...) and Rosen looked great.

Goff was under a lot of pressure but still made great throws, his movement in the pocket was outstanding, reminds me of Brady.

Rosen was lights out, if we struggle through TT for a couple yrs maybe we can get this kid.