what is surplus value in capitalism?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was in class and someone said capitalism inherently steals the surplus value of labor??

i was too high to care...

can anyone explain this? is this just a difference on who owns property and how property is defined?

Ask Tasker. He will explain unless he skipped to go to the rally for womyn.

was in class and someone said capitalism inherently steals the surplus value of labor??

can anyone explain this? is this just a difference on who owns property and how property is defined?

You got more value out of your spliff than from your class

That's ok, the idiot who said it was too high to say anything intelligent.

Nah he's not smart enough. He's the disruptive dummy in the class who thinks he's smart because he's a suck up and the uber-liberal professor tells him how smart he is.

Nah, I just got a bunch of tards online yammering about me because they are so jealous of how smart I am. Crybabies

Surplus value is when you're a carpenter, and you build a house for someone. That person pays for the house - meaning, they put up capital to purchase the house. However, you BUILT the house, so they not only purchased the house, they enslaved you with their capital - because in buying the house they used their capital to force you to build the house, yet you have no property rights concerning the house you built when they've bought it. So now, since they've enslaved you, they now have not just the capital and the house, but they also own your hammer.

And since the buyer was only buying a house, he wasn't expecting to get a hammer as well. The hammer is "value-added" to the deal, or "surplus value."

Surplus value is when you're a carpenter, and you build a house for someone. That person pays for the house - meaning, they put up capital to purchase the house. However, you BUILT the house, so they not only purchased the house, they enslaved you with their capital - because in buying the house they used their capital to force you to build the house, yet you have no property rights concerning the house you built when they've bought it. So now, since they've enslaved you, they now have not just the capital and the house, but they also own your hammer.

And since the buyer was only buying a house, he wasn't expecting to get a hammer as well. The hammer is "value-added" to the deal, or "surplus value."

Surplus value is why my start up multi-national bicycle conglomerate cannot buy advertising space at the same rate as Wal Mart.

Surplus value is why my start up multi-national bicycle conglomerate cannot buy advertising space at the same rate as Wal Mart.

No, you idiot. Hammers are surplus value. What you're talking about is completely different - you can't buy ad space at Wal-Mart's rates because you don't have enough labor to pay for it.

That's !@#$ing brilliant.

No, you idiot. Hammers are surplus value. What you're talking about is completely different - you can't buy ad space at Wal-Mart's rates because you don't have enough labor to pay for it.

The actual example was I borrow your hammer on a $5 lease or some crap. I then build a house and rent it out, and take the collected rent to build another house and buy more hammers. Then I hire guys to build houses with my hammers and collect even more rent. Soon I own the whole city and I'm fabulously wealthy and all because I borrowed your hammer. I turned $5 into millions and that delta is the surplus value of the hammer. And thats like, totally not fair and stuff. Capital creation isn't right. Capital should be like fixed and junk. Finite capital, bro!

Edited by Jauronimo