Greg Hardy suspended 10 games; update: Reduced to 4

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robs been fairly consistent that the mobs get pitchforks instead of asking questions and that guys get over the top trying to prove who is "most against violence against women"

I think he's quite against hitting women and not being afraid to question situations isn't a negative quality.

he however has as few facts as the rest of us. in fact less as has been pointed out a few times. He needs ground to stand on before he can fight from it.

he however has as few facts as the rest of us. in fact less as has been pointed out a few times. He needs ground to stand on before he can fight from it.

I don't mean to put words in his mouth but it seems his take is simply "how do you know xyz did not happen" and not a definitive "I know what happened" like many on the other side.

With the lack of information, that seems pretty reasonable for anyone to ask before condemning the guy

• 2 months later...

The NFL - Where being accused of pushing your girlfriend gets you a year and a half suspension, but being accused of rape gets you drafted 1st overall.

To be fair, Hardy was convicted. The only reason he got off is because the victim refused to show up and testify in the appeal.

Edited by dave mcbride

To be fair, Hardy was convicted. The only reason he got off is because the victim refused to show up and testify in the appeal.

I wonder how much that cost him. I also wonder how much Jones paid Goodell. It's funny how the NFL pretends like it cares about domestic violence. If Ray Rice wasn't on the downside of his career, he'd have a job.

I wonder how much that cost him. I also wonder how much Jones paid Goodell. It's funny how the NFL pretends like it cares about domestic violence. If Ray Rice wasn't on the downside of his career, he'd have a job.

No question. And if Jameis Winston were the guy punching the woman he would miss half a game not get kicked off the team.

Goodell is really bad at this although it's a thankless job. He made a huge mistake early trying to be super cop and Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis, and it backfired badly.

But wasn't Hardy paid for all of the games he missed last year?

Idk but read this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Hardy

how do you know her version of the story is right? I've had some wacko chicks go off on me, one physically the other weird phone harassment for a month after we broke up. I feel sorry for these guys and the "Guilty until Proven" Innocent policy they're under

Edited by JTSP

No question. And if Jameis Winston were the guy punching the woman he would miss half a game not get kicked off the team.

Goodell is really bad at this although it's a thankless job. He made a huge mistake early trying to be super cop and Judge Kenesaw Mountain Landis, and it backfired badly.

I do agree that it is a thankless job for Goodell. At the end of the day, he answers to Jerry Jones, and Jones couldn't give a flying f**k about what a guy does in his off time as long he helps the Cowboys win. He's not the only owner like that, although he is the worst.

But wasn't Hardy paid for all of the games he missed last year?

Yes he was paid, but he still did not play. Time in the NFL is a precious commodity. Unlike the rest of us the NFL career is very short, so the time missed is important. I think that time off has to be a factor in the punishment. I would be OK with the NFL if they fine the player the appropriate games after they missed most or all of the season like AP and Hardy. To me 10 games on top of the 15 games last year (with pay) was just excessive.

I do agree that it is a thankless job for Goodell. At the end of the day, he answers to Jerry Jones, and Jones couldn't give a flying f**k about what a guy does in his off time as long he helps the Cowboys win. He's not the only owner like that, although he is the worst.

Agreed. He's a puppet, figure head. Still making $40 million for his troubles for a league that runs itself. How many of us would have our job if we made as many mistakes as Roger has?

Agreed. He's a puppet, figure head. Still making $40 million for his troubles for a league that runs itself. How many of us would have our job if we made as many mistakes as Roger has?

He's Jerry Sullivan though. We fans jump all over him but his bosses love him and think he's doing a great job.

So if Hardy gets 4 for throwing his girlfriend onto a couch covered with guns and being convicted of assault.... Will be just toss Brady 1 game at this point?

Hardy had Harold Henderson handle his appeal not Goodell. Has Goodell ever reduced a suspension that he handled? I ask because I do not knopw the answer to that questioon.

Yes he was paid, but he still did not play. Time in the NFL is a precious commodity. Unlike the rest of us the NFL career is very short, so the time missed is important. I think that time off has to be a factor in the punishment. I would be OK with the NFL if they fine the player the appropriate games after they missed most or all of the season like AP and Hardy. To me 10 games on top of the 15 games last year (with pay) was just excessive.

From a career perspective, it's the best thing that ever happened to Hardy. As I mentioned elsewhere, a full NFL season has a dog-year like impact on a d-lineman's body. He was fully paid and may well have extended his career longevity by a full year.