Abortion

The fact that the fertilized egg that, although similar to the mother, still has it's own unique DNA code.

So your contention is that life = unique DNA?

Because we need to in order to survive. My life is worth more than a plant's, or a cow's.

So now we're abandoning cell theory?

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Couldn't be more wrong bro - abortion rates - while higher among minority women - they are pretty much the same against all other demographics:

"According to a study by the Guttmacher Institute, "Almost three-quarters of women obtaining abortions in 2008 reported a religious affiliation. The largest proportion were Protestant (37 percent), and most of the rest said that they were Catholic (28 percent) or that they had no religious affiliation (27 percent). One in five abortion patients identified themselves as born-again, evangelical, charismatic or fundamentalist; 75 percent of these were Protestant.”

That's from a CHRISTIAN website http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/40519-why-do-so-many-churchgoers-have-abortions

So - all you men can spout your "ideals" - when it comes down to it - and a young girl gets pregnant - they seem to have a different decision making algorithm.

I never mentioned minorities or religion at all, I simply stated and correctly so, that more that vote democrat have abortions or support it.

HeLa cells are routinely killed.

So some human cells are not protected?

Nobody is trying to take away her right to live though.

It's already been stipulated that cell theory dictates that cells are alive. And the HeLa line is self-perpetuating and, for all intensive purposes [sic], both immortal and independently alive of any other organism. And they are human cells.

By every definition so far put forth, why should it not be immoral to destroy HeLa cells when it's immoral to destroy a human ovum?

Edited by DC Tom

So some human cells are not protected?

It's already been stipulated that cell theory dictates that cells are alive. And the HeLa line is self-perpetuating and, for all intensive purposes [sic], both immortal and independently alive of any other organism. And they are human cells.

By every definition so far put forth, why should it not be immoral to destroy HeLa cells when it's immoral to destroy a human ovum?

HeLa cells will never become human beings. Human life begins at the cellular level, due to cell theory, but it is foolhardy to say that each cell should be dictated the same rights as a human life. The answer is that any cell is considered living just like every plant and animal is considered living, but plants and animals (or HeLa cells) don't become humans with sentience and independent thoughts.

Now, onto HeLa cells. They may fit the definition of human life, but they violate the spirit of it. The Patriots of life, if you will.

HeLa cells will never become human beings. Human life begins at the cellular level, due to cell theory, but it is foolhardy to say that each cell should be dictated the same rights as a human life. The answer is that any cell is considered living just like every plant and animal is considered living, but plants and animals (or HeLa cells) don't become humans with sentience and independent thoughts.

Now, onto HeLa cells. They may fit the definition of human life, but they violate the spirit of it. The Patriots of life, if you will.

So the qualification for "life" isn't cell theory, but sentience and independent thoughts?

It's cell theory as exclusively applied to unique DNA with the potential for sapience.

Potential for sapience, yes. Unique DNA, I don't know.

So the qualification for "life" isn't cell theory, but sentience and independent thoughts?

You asked for proof that "life" began at an ovum, and I supplied it.

I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion - HRC

Over the weekend, NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado weighed in on Colorado SB 268, a fetal homicide bill introduced by state Senate Republicans

_M-HzyPR_normal.jpgNARAL Colorado @NARALColorado Follow

The bill "Crimes Against Pregnant Women" contains harsh penalties on anyone who ends a pregnancy against mothers wishes

#coleg #NoPersonhood

So..............they're opposed to that ?
I've read this three times trying to figure out whether they mean something other than what they're saying.
Apparently they forgot they were supposed to pretend to be "pro-choice"?
CDDmF_pUUAAFwEn.png
Again, this bill does nothing to limit or criminalize abortion
But Its just too much for the "Pro-Abortion NARAL crowd.