EJ worked out with former NFL QB Steve DeBerg

they had that game in hand and the O flopped. period

but thanks for your commentary.

what?

:worthy: :worthy:

Unfortunately he won't accept that either.

How about crappy outing against KC and Miami back to back

or the freebee and the ZERO total points against the Putrids 3rd stringers in the 3rd and 4th QTRs in week 17?

How did he do against their first string?

You're right. We were lucky to be even that close with a powerhouse team like the Raiders.

To the people who defend Marrone and Orton, I ask why? You are a fan of Pinstripe Bowls and journeyman Qbs who will be forgotten in a few years?

I don't think WEO is defending Orton here, just pointing out that you were incorrect.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right. We were lucky to be even that close with a powerhouse team like the Raiders.

To the people who defend Marrone and Orton, I ask why? You are a fan of Pinstripe Bowls and journeyman Qbs who will be forgotten in a few years?

Not a fan of Marrone, but I would have like to keep Orton to see what he could have done with a full training camp. He wouldn't be the next Kelly, but at least we knew what we had.

(as usual) you are obfuscating again. where to begin.

you are implying that Orton could score against "1st stringers" but not 3rd stringers?

IF the Putrids full compliment of starters played the first half of the game I would be able to tell you, but since they rested at least 2 of Brady's main weapons we don't know how many more points the Putrids would have scored

Not a fan of Marrone, but I would have like to keep Orton to see what he could have done with a full training camp. He wouldn't be the next Kelly, but at least we knew what we had.

didn't Orton spent TC in Dallas.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

What? your obfuscating again. (as usual)

So you are implying that Orton could score against "1st stringers" but not 3rd stringers?

to your question ... IF the Putrids full compliment of starters played the first half of the game I would be able to tell you.

but since they rested at least 2 of Bradys main weapons we don't know how many more points the Putrids would have scored

Don't worry, I can show you what happens when Orton plays the Pats' "full compliment of starters."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400554259

6 minutes left, down 8, the defense lets up a 3 minute TD drive. To lose.

Edited by FireChan

What? your obfuscating again. (as usual)

So you are implying that Orton could score against "1st stringers" but not 3rd stringers?

to your question ... IF the Putrids full compliment of starters played the first half of the game I would be able to tell you.

but since they rested at least 2 of Bradys main weapons we don't know how many more points the Putrids would have scored

nope. He had no TC. Did not report. Wanted released.

Don't worry, I can show you what happens when Orton plays the Pats' "full compliment of starters."

more obfuscating

Week 17 of the 2014 season the Putrids OFFENSE did not play all of their starters.

please focus on the point of the conversation.

more obfuscating

Week 17 of the 2014 season the Putrids OFFENSE did not play all of their starters.

What do the Patriots' offensive players have to do with Kyle Orton? Does he play DT or QB?

Didn't you just argue that he played against third stringers on defense and couldn't score? Well, I have a game and half of evidence for what he can do against their first stringers on defense. Those are the guys on the field when he is. Brady could put up 100 with Gronk, and it wouldn't affect KO in the slightest, besides having to press a bit.

What was your point again?

what is it symbolic of? how do you already know it lacks substance? And why the snarkiness about a young player seeking out coaching/mentoring to try and improve his game?

If BV thinks that EJ is a sub-par qb he has the right to his opinion. I happen to agree with him. He MIGHT develop into a top 10 qb but if he does it won't be due to us wishing that he will do so.

Why are you offended if a particular poster isn't all over EJ in terms of being a good qb and saying so on a Bills board?

If BV thinks that EJ is a sub-par qb he has the right to his opinion. I happen to agree with him. He MIGHT develop into a top 10 qb but if he does it won't be due to us wishing that he will do so.

Why are you offended if a particular poster isn't all over EJ in terms of being a good qb and saying so on a Bills board?

i am not offended about anyone saying he isn't a good qB yet. I say this myself, so clearly I'm not offended by that. I asked what he thought the work with DeBerg was symbolic of, why he thought the work with DeBerg lacked substance, and why the snarkiness (saying it seems he has talked to every qb who has played in the league since 1970) over him trying to improve. Edited by YoloinOhio

come again? you are not making sense. what are you actually trying to say?

the precise topic I am talking about is the game in week 17

FTR - the Bills lost that game you posted a link to

It's quite simple. You said KO couldn't muster any points against the Pats backups.

what?

or the freebee and the ZERO total points against the Putrids 3rd stringers in the 3rd and 4th QTRs in week 17?

I pointed out that Kyle Orton played well, against their defensive first stringers, as evidenced by our 17 points in the first half.

I don't think WEO is defending Orton here, just pointing out that you were incorrect.

You said that that 17 points doesn't matter, because Gronk didn't play. You also said you had no idea how well Kyle Orton played, because they rested starters.

(as usual) you are obfuscating again. where to begin.

you are implying that Orton could score against "1st stringers" but not 3rd stringers?

IF the Putrids full compliment of starters played the first half of the game I would be able to tell you, but since they rested at least 2 of Brady's main weapons we don't know how many more points the Putrids would have scored

I pointed to a game where Kyle Orton played well, against the Patriots, and we lost.

Then, you said that the NE/BUF game earlier is obfuscating. I don't know why, when it's, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the best indicator for how Orton played against NE defensive starters (and what happens when their offense is full).

more obfuscating

Then I asked you a bunch of questions. You didn't answer any of them. Besides aptly pointing out that we lost the first Pats game. Which is irrelevant. Especially when you throw out the win in the second. We can either talk W/L or player performance. Not both.

What do the Patriots' offensive players have to do with Kyle Orton? Does he play DT or QB?

Didn't you just argue that he played against third stringers on defense and couldn't score? Well, I have a game and half of evidence for what he can do against their first stringers on defense. Those are the guys on the field when he is. Brady could put up 100 with Gronk, and it wouldn't affect KO in the slightest, besides having to press a bit.

What was your point again?

Edited by FireChan

Chan, go back to Week 1 2013 when EJ Manuel brought the Bills back and took the lead late in the game only to have the defense let Gostkowski kick 2 FGs to win the game. Also if you check the ESPN box score, EJ had a better QBR than Brady that game.

Chan, go back to Week 1 2013 when EJ Manuel brought the Bills back and took the lead late in the game only to have the defense let Gostkowski kick 2 FGs to win the game. Also if you check the ESPN box score, EJ had a better QBR than Brady that game.

I've seen it.

all hail the king of obfuscation

So you didn't have an overarching point? You just wanted to point out that Orton was scoreless in the 3rd and 4th Q against scrubs?

What am I rendering unclear, by the way?

Of course it's a poster's right to like whoever they want to Bill. Of course, it's the double standards that get me. Like giving a coked up Frankenstein like Ryan Mallet 4 years to develop and only giving EJ 14 games. But even though Mallet has a qb rating that is almost 20 points than EJ, I definitely see how he has more upside. :)

Hopefully, you will be as right about EJ as you were about Aaron Murray in the draft and Gilmore (one of the best young cbs in the NFL). :) bottom line is we all deserve the playoffs. Go Bills.

what?

They had that game in hand...and the O flopped? Are you saying the D had the game in hand? That's crazy. Your planet is interesting, however. Good for unintentional comedy.

Few were harsher critics of Marrone than me---from the moment the Bills GM made that poor choice.

Orton was brought in because Whaley felt that if EJ crapped the bed the 2014 as starter, the new owner would clean house in the FO. Orton wasn't great, but he got us to 9-7 and no one on the Bills thought EJ would have done that--this much should be very clear to you and indisputable.

They had that game in hand...and the O flopped? Are you saying the D had the game in hand? That's crazy. Your planet is interesting, however. Good for unintentional comedy.

Few were harsher critics of Marrone than me---from the moment the Bills GM made that poor choice.

Orton was brought in because Whaley felt that if EJ crapped the bed the 2014 as starter, the new owner would clean house in the FO. Orton wasn't great, but he got us to 9-7 and no one on the Bills thought EJ would have done that--this much should be very clear to you and indisputable.

Yeah, Orton's 6-5 was much superior to EJ's 2-2 record. There's no way we could have ever beaten GB with Orton's skill and leadership. It's also funny that EJ led us to a W against Miami while Orton couldn't lead us to a td against the same team (their only common opponent).

But far be it for me to question the decision making of the great Marrone. The man who parlayed a 9-7* record into coaching the oline for the most irrevelant franchise in pro sports. He clearly knows what he is doing.

Let's stop talking about these losers now. EJ is playing in the NFL and competing for a starting job. We upgraded at head coach and have our best roster in years. Turn the page.

Yeah, Orton's 6-5 was much superior to EJ's 2-2 record. There's no way we could have ever beaten GB with Orton's skill and leadership. It's also funny that EJ led us to a W against Miami while Orton couldn't lead us to a td against the same team (their only common opponent).

But far be it for me to question the decision making of the great Marrone. The man who parlayed a 9-7* record into coaching the oline for the most irrevelant franchise in pro sports. He clearly knows what he is doing.

Let's stop talking about these losers now. EJ is playing in the NFL and competing for a starting job. We upgraded at head coach and have our best roster in years. Turn the page.

Cassel is here. The more things change, the more back-up journeymen QB's stay the same.