Even Tuel will get 1st string reps per Roman

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please.

It was an example...my over-arching point was that he fell apart once the scripted plays were run, and couldn't even come close to adapting to the ebb and flow of a game. He made brutal mistakes at the most critical times.

I hear you...I too wonder if they would like Taylor to win the job.

My money, however, is still on EJ (for better or worse).

Rookies have bad games against undefeated teams with the #1 defense.

Rookies have bad games against undefeated teams with the #1 defense.

Especially when supported by 240 rushing yards.

The kid was bad, and was the biggest reason they lost that day; it's my opinion that it was a performance that was representative of what he can do when facing an NFL defense.

That's all.

Rex already explaining they are going to run two fields at once and mirror each other doing the same things on each field at the same time. If they are going to allow the first three time with the ones and twos and threes it would make sense to have four QBs do it.

i still disagree under the premise that in limited practice time unless he earns reps with the 1s that splitting the reps 4 ways is too much. we have 2 new qbs, and EJ who is a young qb in a new system. i want those reps split at most 3 ways, and id like to get it down to 2 quickly. with the 3rd place guy just getting sprinkled in just in case.

Edited by NoSaint

I wonder how much of this relates to the fact that they will have 2 complete fields going simultaneously at SJF at training camp.

Yes -- I was wondering when someone was going to bring this up. They actually need four QBs to make this thing work correctly in camp.

i still disagree under the premise that in limited practice time unless he earns reps with the 1s that splitting the reps 4 ways is too much. we have 2 new qbs, and EJ who is a young qb in a new system. i want those reps split at most 3 ways, and id like to get it down to 2 quickly. with the 3rd place guy just getting sprinkled in just in case.

I may disagree, too. The concept with the two fields, though, is to run the same plays at the same time on both fields and then tape them. The coaches then get to see what each QB especially did with the same number of snaps with the same calls, and see how they handle it. If one field had one QB running and and the other two, it wouldn't be exact. besides, I think this idea only lasts for a short while. Then they narrow it to two.

Dear Mr. Tuel,

We regret to inform you that your just a "camp arm" and your QB career will most likely die this off-season. Please contact human resources for your severance package and the PR department on what to say when you are let go in June. We will help you find a coaching job for some minor college program if you would like.

Also please don't buy into anything the fans say... because they are all nuts and always love the back up QB... Yeah it 's weird, we know. At the end of Jim Kelly's career, some fans were calling for Todd Collins to start. Yep, a Hall of Famer.... Some we even convinced Frank Reich was better. At the time Ralph did not discourage that talk because it sold Reich jerseys.... but boy, did RCW know how to make a profit or what?

Anyway your a nice guy, but you just don't have the "tools" (pun intended) to be a professional QB at this level.

Thank you for your service with the Bills,

Rex, Greg, Doug, and Terry

Edited by Iraq Vet

While I don't envision him being any better or worse than EJ, Tyrod Taylor or Matt Cassel, when I think of Jeff Tuel I think only of that heinous INT against undefeated KC a few years back that pretty much buried our playoff chances that year.

The thing of it is..

Thats all anyone recalls.

He was very good in camp. Don't know what his upside is , but the bad game just sticks out to everyone and no one seems to recall how decent he looked at one point.

I also consider this a Marrone Hackett butcher job.

Thank gosh he is getting a fresh look.

Good on Roman!!

This guy is for real.

Hope reigns o'er the Bills.

Pegula brought in Roman Kromer and Rex. and they bought in

all hail Pegula !

Edited by 3rdand12

He will be lucky to make the PS. His value to the previous regime was that he knew the Marrackett playbook and provided cheap "depth"(out of desperation for a healthy arm). That playbook is gone, as is the need for depth. #tueltime is over. LMO.

All of this.

Tuel has the "moxy" to get the ball downfield. He plays like his job is to deliver the ball to playmakers and give them a chance to make a play. And not just sit around and wait for the perfect guy to be obviously open.

Can you explain this to me please. There's not a shred of truth to that. In the K.C. game ( we won't even use the Browns game) Mr. Tuel completed just 3 passes out of 39 that went more than 10 yards in the air. The three went 16 yards downfield, the second went 44 yards and the third went 10 yards. his QBR was 16.8, his rating was 52.2. His career completion percentage is 44.1%. The link below gives you the play by play along with LOS and where the pass was caught.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331103002&period=1

Imo

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

Please.

It was an example...my over-arching point was that he fell apart once the scripted plays were run, and couldn't even come close to adapting to the ebb and flow of a game. He made brutal mistakes at the most critical times.

I hear you...I too wonder if they would like Taylor to win the job.

My money, however, is still on EJ (for better or worse).

His first NFL game from a PS player? you are correct but a fresh look at all of them is indeed warranted by Roman. Even if they have their leanings :devil:

Can you explain this to me please. There's not a shred of truth to that. In the K.C. game ( we won't even use the Browns game) Mr. Tuel completed just 3 passes out of 39 that went more than 10 yards in the air. The three went 16 yards downfield, the second went 44 yards and the third went 10 yards. his QBR was 16.8, his rating was 52.2. His career completion percentage is 44.1%. The link below gives you the play by play along with LOS and where the pass was caught.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=331103002&period=1

Imo

who called the plays??

His first NFL game from a PS player? you are correct but a fresh look at all of them is indeed warranted by Roman. Even if they have their leanings :devil:

who called the plays??

No problem with a fresh look by Roman...I just think it will (and should) be a very, very short one.

who called the plays??

You know very well who. Who was in charge of making said plays. I'm with Bandit on this one. Give him a shot, but I wouldn't waste too many reps on him and one other. Find out in, a relatively short amount of time, who the two best are and let them battle it out. I don't care who wins the QB job as long as we get more wins, but seen people saying he makes big plays or has the "moxy" to make big plays and there is just no proof of it. Again 44.1 completion percentage, 5.2 yards per attempt. 5.2 yards an attempt would have been good for dead last this past year.

You know very well who. Who was in charge of making said plays. I'm with Bandit on this one. Give him a shot, but I wouldn't waste too many reps on him and one other. Find out in, a relatively short amount of time, who the two best are and let them battle it out. I don't care who wins the QB job as long as we get more wins, but seen people saying he makes big plays or has the "moxy" to make big plays and there is just no proof of it. Again 44.1 completion percentage, 5.2 yards per attempt. 5.2 yards an attempt would have been good for dead last this past year.

and frankly, im a-okay with his shot being with the 2's and 3's.... if he surprises, GREAT, but i dont think ive seen any indication hes top 3 in our group.

ill note again how limited live practice is, and how many guys we have needing work. penciling your 3 in for real reps is giving the depth a huge shot. getting your #4 throwing to sammy/percy/clay? excessive.

Dont think i am a defender of Tuel so much as a proponent of the Marrone era was a cluster f in hindsight.

Was the Kid even developed? Marrone wanted a vet playing.

let the new Coaches sort it out.

I dont think he was all that either. I just thought he had an arm and some potential. he broke down when the game got real. Did we look into that at all ?

was he too raw? was he unprepared?

or does he just suck.

like many things in life i think its somewhere in between

Dont think i am a defender of Tuel so much as a proponent of the Marrone era was a cluster f in hindsight.

Was the Kid even developed? Marrone wanted a vet playing.

let the new Coaches sort it out.

I dont think he was all that either. I just thought he had an arm and some potential. he broke down when the game got real. Did we look into that at all ?

was he too raw? was he unprepared?

or does he just suck.

like many things in life i think its somewhere in between

Ps in hindsight i think Marrone was having a heavier hand in the Offense than i thought Hackett originally had. so actually i know the two were in cahoots but no., i am not sure wtf was going on ; )

Agreed. Let's see it play out with fresh and unbiased eyes.

all i can ask Brother. :thumbsup: