NCAA Finals

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is by far my best bracket ever... 6 of the final 8, 3 of the final 4, and the correct teams in the finals... All I need is for Duke to pull it out!!! Unfortunately, it's the first year in a while I don't have $ on my bracket....

3 of the final 4 is really good, although this year was rare in that 3 #1 seeds made the final 4.

I usually do 3 or 4 money brackets, but this year I just did one vs my wife. Wager is date night of the winner's choice. I had Kentucky/Duke in the final game, but I already beat my wife b/c she had Nova winning it all.

I entered a different $100 pool where you get #s for each game...similar to super bowl squares. I already won my money back, and would have won $650 if that Wisconsin bastard sank both of his free throws at the end vs Kentucky. Hopefully I hit big tonight.

I can't believe Duke won. I am still puzzled how it happened.

Good D, controlled the game, played D all the way, didn't skimp out returning to cover Wisconsin. ...Duke won by playing good basketball against a great team.

Good D, controlled the game, played D all the way, didn't skimp out returning to cover Wisconsin. ...Duke won by playing good basketball against a great team.

I give Duke a lot of credit, esp on defense and the huge shots Tyus hit.

But Wisconsin just sort of went away from their game at the end. Okafor pretty much didn't play. Not sure why they didn't go right to kaminsky in the post every time, instead off over dribbiling. Dekker was too small for this game too-- just really nervous all game.

I also heard Bo Ryan really griping about the officiating; it was a really physical game but I am not sure the refs were way off course.

But Wisconsin just sort of went away from their game at the end. Okafor pretty much didn't play. Not sure why they didn't go right to kaminsky in the post every time, instead off over dribbiling. Dekker was too small for this game too-- just really nervous all game.

I also heard Bo Ryan really griping about the officiating; it was a really physical game but I am not sure the refs were way off course.

They fell right in to Dukes trap. They're a top team and coached excellently. Duke let Wisconsin wear themselves out. They could not and did not stop Wisconsin every single time but they got in their face and let them know they have to hit it perfectly to succeed.

Duke got in the head of Wisconsin with consistent pressure on D and quick turnovers from offense.

Duke won this game a lot more then Wisconsin lost it.

They fell right in to Dukes trap. They're a top team and coached excellently. Duke let Wisconsin wear themselves out. They could not and did not stop Wisconsin every single time but they got in their face and let them know they have to hit it perfectly to succeed.

Duke got in the head of Wisconsin with consistent pressure on D and quick turnovers from offense.

Duke won this game a lot more then Wisconsin lost it.

Officials also swallowed their whistles when OK4 and Winslow got into foul trouble, because they wanted to keep the game close. 4 referees got an obvious finger tip out of bounds call wrong. And Winslow stepped out of bounds and no official noticed.

I mean, Wisconsin tightened up at the end, no doubt. But everything went against them, not just Duke.

Wisconsin. Duke wins if Winslow shuts down Dekker though. Kaminsky is gonna kill okafor.

Prescient.

I can't believe Duke won. I am still puzzled how it happened.

Was it me or was Wisconsin giving up good looks from the three line all night. Noone wanted to pull the trigger. Instead of being up 9 with 13 minutes left they should of been up by 20. You knew Duke was going to make a run when they kept within striking distance. I had Duke in this knockout pool(they went post to post, covered every game) so I was kinda of routing for Duke. The one mismatch I thought they were really going to be able to exploit was decker & he never got going. Interesting my guy sent all these prop bets out & one was Decker over under 3 pointers at 1.5. That had suckers bet written all over it. He went 0-5 with 2 airballs from the 3 line last night. The guys in Vegas do know their sh*t.

I think Ryan had a legit gripe. Physical game yes, but how does Duke get in the Double Bonus with 10 minutes left to play & Wisky doesn't even get into the bonus all half. Both teams were going after each other pretty good all night. The fouls should of been more even.

Trent Dilfer put it best...

Trent DilferVerified account ‏@TDESPN

"Bo Ryan's post game interview made me sick to my stomach. #Whiner Sports are physical, quit blaming the refs. You got EVERY call vs Kentucky"

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Trent Dilfer put it best...

Trent DilferVerified account ‏@TDESPN

"Bo Ryan's post game interview made me sick to my stomach. #Whiner Sports are physical, quit blaming the refs. You got EVERY call vs Kentucky"

Spoken like a true mediocre athlete.

Spoken like a true mediocre athlete.

Agreed, I know Bilas was giving Ryan crap too about his post game presser. I didn't think he said anything that was so out of line. Bilas said he thought Bo was outline saying we don't rent a player we try to build them up for 4 years. That is the truth. The game would be a better game if more coaches had that philosophy.

Agreed, I know Bilas was giving Ryan crap too about his post game presser. I didn't think he said anything that was so out of line. Bilas said he thought Bo was outline saying we don't rent a player we try to build them up for 4 years. That is the truth. The game would be a better game if more coaches had that philosophy.

Agreed. I was rooting for Badgers because Kaminsky worked hard for four years (and they haven't won since 1941). Would love for someone to dig into Trent Dilfer's past and see if he ever commented on officiating.

Bo Ryan could have showed his kids what it was like to lose with class, he instead opted to passive aggressively blame it on officiating. Then he decided to b*tch about one and dones. It's ok to have that opinion, that just was not the place for it. I personally think that how he acted and what he said was worse than what Andrew Harrison got caught muttering. I expect more of adults.

I am no duke fan at all, but I am ok with that call...sure it looked like the fingertips could have touched that ball, but i honestly didn't see the rotation or the direction change at all...i could have taken either side of that call.

I was amazed at how much time wisconsin spent dribbling and passing while on offence...sure i know some of that is their strength, but there were many times they were overdoing it.

Officials also swallowed their whistles when OK4 and Winslow got into foul trouble, because they wanted to keep the game close. 4 referees got an obvious finger tip out of bounds call wrong. And Winslow stepped out of bounds and no official noticed.

I am no duke fan at all, but I am ok with that call...sure it looked like the fingertips could have touched that ball, but i honestly didn't see the rotation or the direction change at all...i could have taken either side of that call.

I was amazed at how much time wisconsin spent dribbling and passing while on offence...sure i know some of that is their strength, but there were many times they were overdoing it.

I didn't see a change of direction or rotation either. If I was the ref, I would have let whatever was called on the court stand.

I didn't see a change of direction or rotation either. If I was the ref, I would have let whatever was called on the court stand.

Watch the finger bend. Clear as day.

https://vine.co/v/eB7n3XpuBB1

Bo Ryan could have showed his kids what it was like to lose with class, he instead opted to passive aggressively blame it on officiating. Then he decided to b*tch about one and dones. It's ok to have that opinion, that just was not the place for it. I personally think that how he acted and what he said was worse than what Andrew Harrison got caught muttering. I expect more of adults.

I hear what your saying but keep mind Duke was in the double bonus 10 minutes into the 2nd half & Wisky didn't hit the bonus all second half. Maybe it wasn't the appropriate time but the one reporter did ask him about it so what is he supposed to say? The rental player comment was a dig especially to Kentucky but he was probably a bit bitter considering the game just ended 5 minutes before his presser.

I hear what your saying but keep mind Duke was in the double bonus 10 minutes into the 2nd half & Wisky didn't hit the bonus all second half. Maybe it wasn't the appropriate time but the one reporter did ask him about it so what is he supposed to say? The rental player comment was a dig especially to Kentucky but he was probably a bit bitter considering the game just ended 5 minutes before his presser.

He's supposed to say that two good teams played and it was just Duke's night, all credit to them. Then he should go behind closed doors, have a glass of scotch and say how he really feels about how bs he thought the officiating was in private with friends and colleagues.

Also, if the rental player comment was a shot at a Kentucky team that he just beat, then he's a poor winner and a sore loser. IMO

He's supposed to say that two good teams played and it was just Duke's night, all credit to them. Then he should go behind closed doors, have a glass of scotch and say how he really feels about how bs he thought the officiating was in private with friends and colleagues.

Also, if the rental player comment was a shot at a Kentucky team that he just beat, then he's a poor winner and a sore loser. IMO

So it's important to you that he keeps up a facade?

All you ever hear is duke gets calls and the refs love them. Its getting old and tired.

https://vine.co/v/eB7n3XpuBB1

yep, hard to call it dukes ball. OK. But they did. And the evidence wasn't super overwhelming. They didn't have the ability too chew it over for 12 hours in super high def

That was from broadcast WHILE they deliberated. And the refs don't have as many angles as CBS or whatever? What? Why not? Incompetence, no matter what way you slice it.

So you're okay with him trying to publicly tarnish the accomplishments of young men?

CBzIDeUUoAAij3q.jpeg

If Jahlil Okafor's experience is tarnished by a losing coach's 30 second sound byte, I hope the Knicks don't draft him.

Besides, what about his own guys, some who he's known for 4 years, who have their experiences tarnished by getting hosed on some calls? I'd bet that finger call was aired on the Jumbotron and they saw it, or saw it today. How does Kaminsky feel about that?

Edited by FireChan

That was from broadcast WHILE they deliberated. And the refs don't have as many angles as CBS or whatever? What? Why not? Incompetence, no matter what way you slice it.

If Jahlil Okafor's experience is tarnished by a losing coach's 30 second sound byte, I hope the Knicks don't draft him.

Besides, what about his own guys, some who he's known for 4 years, who have their experiences tarnished by getting hosed on some calls? I'd bet that finger call was aired on the Jumbotron and they saw it, or saw it today. How does Kaminsky feel about that?

I didn't say experience, I said accomplishment. I'd wager that the Duke kids couldn't care less what Bo Ryan thinks, but that doesn't mean he acted properly. They just know it's sour grapes.

Kaminsky probably feels robbed. How do you think Kaminsky felt when he saw the highlight of the basket the refs gave to them in their win over Kentucky?

I agree with this. Pretty bad form by Bo Ryan. He doesn't take 1-and-doners because he can't get them. Wisconsin is a local program. Nothing wrong with that-- but why dis Duke for getting better recruits?

I agree with this. Pretty bad form by Bo Ryan. He doesn't take 1-and-doners because he can't get them. Wisconsin is a local program. Nothing wrong with that-- but why dis Duke for getting better recruits?

That is just Bo. He generally says what is on his mind. I don't fault him for it. Just because it occurs does not mean he has to agree with it. Wisconsin is hardly a local program.

I didn't say experience, I said accomplishment. I'd wager that the Duke kids couldn't care less what Bo Ryan thinks, but that doesn't mean he acted properly. They just know it's sour grapes.

Kaminsky probably feels robbed. How do you think Kaminsky felt when he saw the highlight of the basket the refs gave to them in their win over Kentucky?

He probably doesn't care.

That is just Bo. He generally says what is on his mind. I don't fault him for it. Just because it occurs does not mean he has to agree with it. Wisconsin is hardly a local program.

By local, I mean regional. They seem to draw mostly from the Midwest, and I don't think they typically land any bigger national recruits.

Looking at their roster, except for 1 bench warmer who no one recruited from CA, everyone is from wisc, minn, northern Illinois, and ohio.

Again, I find nothing wrong with that. But let's not kid ourselves, that's not an elite national program, that has any 1-and-doners even interested.

I did not say they were an elite national program. I disputed you calling them local. You missed Jordan Hill on their roster who is a California kid. They have a couple of kids coming in from the East Coast. One from Maryland, another from New Hampshire.