• B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grade a GM after the season, not before.

Um, if it's after one season, then it's before another season, not really sure there's ever a time to grade based on your requirement. We are after last season, and before the next season, currently.

Um, if it's after one season, then it's before another season, not really sure there's ever a time to grade based on your requirement. We are after last season, and before the next season, currently.

He's saying don't grade Whaley on 2015 acquisitions until it's after 2015. Like, what if Clay is a huge bust and the worst contract ever?

Agree. To be grading Whaley an A as a majority vote right now is a joke.

I agree with you mostly.

The thing i like about Whaley is that he is actually addressing areas of need. How many off seasons have we sat and watched the Bills do little or be unable to sign their own back.

I give Whaley an incomplete. Lets see if this group he has assembled gets the job done.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Pretty simple question, how do you think he's performed so far in building a team? He came on to the Bills in 2010, as Assistant General Manager/Director of Pro Personnel.

Watkins, stupid trade.

Spiller, ridiculous pick.

Mario, good but way over priced. We should have gotten two Marios for that money.

I don't see how any grade can possibly be better than a C.

We have no idea to what extent he's been allowed to dictate this offseason, this could very well be mostly Rex and Pegula. I'm sure that after last year's idiotic trade Whaley's not making a lot of waves about "how he feels" about certain players.

His biggest moves since he's been here in 2010 have been flops.

I give Whaley an incomplete. Lets see if this group he has assembled gets the job done.

At best. This season's been so different than the previous five years when he was specifically in charge of talent.

Why is that? I'm not sure that we know, but it is different and a change, that's obvious. To me it's highly unlikely that Whaley's changed. It's far more likely that the results are because of those around him changing.

He's saying don't grade Whaley on 2015 acquisitions until it's after 2015. Like, what if Clay is a huge bust and the worst contract ever?

He can be re-graded after the upcoming season, it is just a forum poll afterall.

Watkins, stupid trade.

There is absolutely no way of knowing that one way or the other yet......if he ends up being a blue chip player for us then well worth it.....lets keep in mind this team has used 1st rounders on the likes of Aaron Maybin

Spiller, ridiculous pick.

Was that even Whaley's pick?......this seems to me to be more of a Buddy Nix "Waterbug RB" pick

Mario, good but way over priced. We should have gotten two Marios for that money.

A very short sighted post. First of all....you have to convince someone of that caliber to actually COME TO Buffalo.....then he really is not overpriced because he does it all...then...no you could not have gotten two Mario's for the money for the simple reason there are NOT TWO MARIOS PLAYING IN THE NFL

I don't see how any grade can possibly be better than a C.

We have no idea to what extent he's been allowed to dictate this offseason, this could very well be mostly Rex and Pegula. I'm sure that after last year's idiotic trade Whaley's not making a lot of waves about "how he feels" about certain players.

His biggest moves since he's been here in 2010 have been flops.

At best. This season's been so different than the previous five years when he was specifically in charge of talent.

Why is that? I'm not sure that we know, but it is different and a change, that's obvious. To me it's highly unlikely that Whaley's changed. It's far more likely that the results are because of those around him changing.

A+ = Super Bowl Win
A = Conference Championship
A- = Divisional Championship
B+ = Win Division and 1st rnd. BYE
B = Wild Card Win
B- = Make the Playoffs

C+ = Winning Season
C = Upgraded talent
C- = Retained Talent and Exciting Rookies
D+ = Lost Some Talent to FA but exciting draft class
D = Lost talent, mediocre draft, 1-2 FA pickups
D- = team loses more games than previous year
F = team loses more game than previous year twice

So for now C

Nix and that other hillbilly gailey were terrible. They're in F/D- territory. You can outperform them and very much be a "C"

I'd give 2000-2010 a f/d. But the 2011 draft and ensuing free agency definitely started to push the roster into solid C land.

He is getting credit... You are just trolling me now. Read my OP...

Not trolling at all. Just think C isn't a good grade and a roster than wins more than it loses grades higher and that where it started is also critical.

So it sounds like the majority think whaley has been very good to excellent a smaller group think he's average because of the unresolved qb situation..... And then an extreme minority that feel he's the scourge of the earth.

A+ = Super Bowl Win

A = Conference Championship

A- = Divisional Championship

B+ = Win Division and 1st rnd. BYE

B = Wild Card Win

B- = Make the Playoffs

C+ = Winning Season

C = Upgraded talent

C- = Retained Talent and Exciting Rookies

D+ = Lost Some Talent to FA but exciting draft class

D = Lost talent, mediocre draft, 1-2 FA pickups

D- = team loses more games than previous year

F = team loses more game than previous year twice

So for now C

How can the scale transition from roster overall relent level into actual team performance? That's odd. I could argue the Seahawks lost talent from their Super Bowl winning season but they still got there.... So are they C or are they a-?

I'd give 2000-2010 a f/d. But the 2011 draft and ensuing free agency definitely started to push the roster into solid C land.

Not trolling at all. Just think C isn't a good grade and a roster than wins more than it loses grades higher and that where it started is also critical.

So it sounds like the majority think whaley has been very good to excellent a smaller group think he's average because of the unresolved qb situation..... And then an extreme minority that feel he's the scourge of the earth.

How can the scale transition from roster overall relent level into actual team performance? That's odd. I could argue the Seahawks lost talent from their Super Bowl winning season but they still got there.... So are they C or are they a-?

You seriously can't understand? Then you don't belong in this thread.

Whaley is a great GM.. No GM hits them all out of the park but I like his aggressiveness and he has brought us some good players

Would you trade Odell Beckham Jr. AND a 1st round pick for Sammy Watkins? Doug Whaley did.

How is that for a new poll question?

Would you trade Odell Beckham Jr. AND a 1st round pick for Sammy Watkins? Doug Whaley did.

How is that for a new poll question?

You could go through every round of every draft and find a way to say every GM sucks with logic like that. Good work.

Meh, our defense is top five no matter who you ask and our starters at skill positions are McCoy, Watkins, Harvin, Woods, and Clay. I don't see how you can't give an A unless you refuse to on QB alone...which is unfair to any GM. It does help Whaley that he's handling EJ the way he is though (not sinking the team, bringing in competition etc.)

I mean, D-line and offensive skill is off the chart. Everything else (other than QB) should be solid at worst and good otherwise.

Edited by Rex'sOffense