Am I a narc or a solid citizen ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been to several at Richmond International. Have you ever seen Buffalo Bills fans? talk about mullets....and then there are the guys

Have you ever attended a NASCAR race? I have more than once. Maybe it was because it was down south (Charlotte Motor Speedway), but I have never seen such a collection of scrubby toothless rednecks in my entire life. More mullets and missing teeth at one of those races than the entire state of Pennsylvania. Generally nice people though...just a little rough around the edges.

For the record, I do enjoy the occasional NASCAR race. As long as I am watching from my recliner drifting in and out of sleep.

I've never watched a NASCAR race, on TV or in person, in my life. However, I've got friends from all walks of life who enjoy it immensely. I'd love to go to a live race for the atmosphere.

I've never watched a NASCAR race, on TV or in person, in my life. However, I've got friends from all walks of life who enjoy it immensely. I'd love to go to a live race for the atmosphere.

I have taken lots of people to races who had no interest or had never watched one- something about being there pulls people in! Let me

Know if you want to go to pocono this year

Must chime in I have been at one nascar race, in Richmond, and had a great time. Well , had a great time athe tailgate, race not so much.

Beads and boobies just like in the Big Easy....did not even need singles !

This^^. I went to one and I did appreciate the 2.50 cent beers as opposed to the 12.00 beers and 15.00 margaritas the local amphitheaters gouge you with.

Had fun pre race walking around drinking and observing the racks. 70% thru the race and after beer #15 it got pretty boring. Not my thing.

I used to live walking distance to the Long Beach Grand Prix track and would go every year. Ton of fun. Have never been to a NASCAR event however.

I end up calling the State Police (no local cops here) 3-5 times a year for various stuff on the non-emergency line. I admit, I'm kind of a pain in the ass but honestly I feel like I'm doing my part to keep nonsense under control in my neighborhood. For example, group of people walking through my neighborhood ringing door bells being followed slowly by an unmarked, out-of-state van. I'm mowing my lawn and one of the gentlemen bypasses my house entirely, doesn't ring, doesn't try to speak to me, avoids eye contact as he walks past me. Religious? Maybe. Solicitors? Maybe. Burglary ring staking out the neighborhood? Probably. Stop mowing, pull out the cellie and make a call. Trooper on scene in 4 minutes. Situation handled.

Of course there are the occasional actual 911 calls I get to make as well like the person going the wrong way on I-476 or the truck driver swerving all over the PA Tpk because he's watching television in the cab (no kidding, 19" TV on the dashboard)

I end up calling the State Police (no local cops here) 3-5 times a year for various stuff on the non-emergency line. I admit, I'm kind of a pain in the ass but honestly I feel like I'm doing my part to keep nonsense under control in my neighborhood. For example, group of people walking through my neighborhood ringing door bells being followed slowly by an unmarked, out-of-state van. I'm mowing my lawn and one of the gentlemen bypasses my house entirely, doesn't ring, doesn't try to speak to me, avoids eye contact as he walks past me. Religious? Maybe. Solicitors? Maybe. Burglary ring staking out the neighborhood? Probably. Stop mowing, pull out the cellie and make a call. Trooper on scene in 4 minutes. Situation handled.

Of course there are the occasional actual 911 calls I get to make as well like the person going the wrong way on I-476 or the truck driver swerving all over the PA Tpk because he's watching television in the cab (no kidding, 19" TV on the dashboard)

You out near Allentown?