Veteran

• photo-thumb-11195.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • pip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.pngpip.png
  • 7,452 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:07 PM

Kurt Warner says a team asked him to consider a workout

http://profootballta...ider-a-workout/

Bills to go in little-talked-about direction at QB?

bringing a QB out of retirement fits that criteria.....

Ah. Didn't see that, thanks.

Figure this'll be a different discussion, besides just the implications to the Bills, if that's even who really called.

It sounds kinda crazy, but honestly I'd love it! The Bills have built this team to win NOW. Why not see if he has one more year in him?!! IMO, the only reason not to is if they've seen something in EJ this off-season that make them believe he's the guy.

It sounds kinda crazy, but honestly I'd love it! The Bills have built this team to win NOW. Why not see if he has one more year in him?!! IMO, the only reason not to is if they've seen something in EJ this off-season that make them believe he's the guy.

Please stop. If we are calling up has beens, I would call up Favre before I called the grocery bagger. And I would not call Favre.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

Just say no to the grocery bagger.

"And when you say that, (punk), SMILE."

I think it's a bad idea to bring a QB out of retirement after 5 years. Any QB, no matter how great.

That said, where the h*** you get off on calling Kurt Warner "the Grocery Bagger"? The man went to the playoffs 5 times with two different teams, went to the Superbowl with 2 different teams in an 12 year career with 3 teams. He has a career completion percentage of 65.5%, career AY/A of 7.6 yds, etc etc. Plus did you ever see him play? Even at the end of his career - he had the Brees- or Rodgers-like teflon shirt escapability while looking downfield, the D would be notching their belts with another stop for a loss and Warner would be notching another completion.

It seems either butt-football-ignorant, hella disrespectful of a great player, or both.

Frankly, it doesn't make you look like a poster with football acumen, it just makes you look like a doofus.

I think it's a bad idea to bring a QB out of retirement after 5 years. Any QB, no matter how great.

That said, where the h*** you get off on calling Kurt Warner "the Grocery Bagger"? The man went to the playoffs 5 times with two different teams, went to the Superbowl with 2 different teams in an 12 year career with 3 teams. He has a career completion percentage of 65.5%, career AY/A of 7.6 yds, etc etc. Plus did you ever see him play? Even at the end of his career - he had the Brees- or Rodgers-like teflon shirt escapability while looking downfield, the D would be notching their belts with another stop for a loss and Warner would be notching another completion.

It seems either butt-football-ignorant, hella disrespectful of a great player, or both.

Frankly, it doesn't make you look like a poster with football acumen, it just makes you look like a doofus.

He was literally bagging groceries after college before going to the NFL.

I call him the grocery bagger, because I can. Who made you the f'ing post police? Secondly, what makes you think I give two s**** about your opinion?

Please stop. If we are calling up has beens, I would call up Favre (and his 336 career INTs per 302 games and his career 3.5% lower completion percentage) before I called probable future HoF inductee Kurt Warner. And I would not call Favre.

No, YOU please stop.

You're not an ijit for not wanting to call players out of retirement. That's very sound.

But you are an ijit for being disrespectful of former great retired players. Here. I'll fix it for you.

He was literally bagging groceries after college before going to the NFL.

I live in St Louis and am well aware of Kurt Warner's history. (he was actually a stocker, not a grocery bagger, and it was after he was cut by GB and before he went to the Arena league). I just think it's ignorant and disrespectful to refer to a player who had an amazing decade+ pro career in those terms.

Edited by Hopeful

No, YOU please stop.

You're not an ijit for not wanting to call players out of retirement. That's very sound.

But you are an ijit for being disrespectful of former great retired players. Here. I'll fix it for you.

Unbunch your panties Sally. Your are an 'ijit' for acting like you are gods gift. Do me a favor and get off my jock.

I live in St Louis and am well aware of Kurt Warner's history. (he was actually a stocker, not a grocery bagger, and it was after he was cut by GB and before he went to the Arena league). I just think it's ignorant and disrespectful to refer to a player who had an amazing decade+ pro career in those terms.

I lived in St. Louis for 10 years. My whole Mom's side of my family is in St. Louis 4+ plus generations. I used to work in Rock Hill. My uncle still lives on the Hill. Big deal? Marshall Faulk was and is a tool too.

Not to mention the Rams are a stolen team. I used to be a football Cardinals fan before Bidwell moved them in 88. Call me jilted.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

Can't we all just get along?

Forget it, that would be boring.

anyways, I was a huge Warner fan both for who he is as a person and who he was as a player. The key to that statement is the term 'was'. He is 44, hasn't touched the field in 5 years and with a family that has no interest in seeing him on the field ever again. This is not a realistic possibility. He would have legitimate rationale for Orton's pathetic efforts when he had a running first down opportunity.