EJ Manuel throwing Bullets

HOUSE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing for how disliked the guy is/was, that we got to 9-7. It'll be interesting to see the reactions after this season (if we do worse/same/better).

Yes, I say this as not liking Marrone despite the fact that he got us to our first winning record since what.... 2004?

Schwartz got them to 9-7.

This is the only season I remember where I was rooting for the offense to get off the field so the defense had a chance to make a play.

This competition will bring out his potential. I think this offense will suit him well.

I see him being a beast if he can fully grasp the playbook and taking accountability and a leadership position on the team. He has new coaches and a new attitude to impress them, so if it doesn't happen for him this season, I don't see it happening ever...

This EJ bashing is ridiculous.

Perhaps, but it's also part of a time-honored tradition here and amongst some Bills fans.

Step 1:

Make snap judgement based on very little information/whatever ESPN says.

Step 2:

Post sketchy opinion as "settled science", and in the process: confuse poor decision makng methodolgy, or being first to make a point...with being "insightful". (Yes, Mike Schopp, I'm looking at you)

Step 3:

Be either shocked or indignant when other posters push back, and poke holes in the opinion, or point out the absence of facts/data that an educated/informed/solid opinion requires.

Step 4:

Instead of acknowledging valid criticism, and then comitting to doing some more thinking/fact finding/research...indignation, belligerence and laziness are chosen, and said opinion now moves from that, to Holy Writ that must be defended at all cost.

Step 5:

We have 19 page threads where Holy Writ is defended, because for some strange reason, some fans have forgotten that this is entertainment, and that there is no fan scoreboard..

Going forward, even if, in this case, EJ does visibly and consistently well, Step 1s ground will never be given up fully. And, the instant any information, no matter how insignificant(um, 1 pass thrown behind a receiver in March), arrives that confirms Step 1, it and any like it are the only facts, and every other fact that contradicts Step 1 doesn't exist.

Like I said: it's tradition. Stevie Johnson. CJ Spiller. Marcell Dareus. It's as if there's no such thing as coaching, or scheme, or other players playing poorly around the player who has been condemned by Step 1. It's also as if a player, like in Madden, is eternally locked into their score, and can't improve, or get worse. :rolleyes:

That's the objective view of this. Like it or not.

That's not the way he worded it.

yada yada yada

So he didn't choose Jax. Thank you.

yada yada yada

No. But he didn't leave Buffalo with the intention of being the Jags O-line coach. There's enough vald stuff to criticize Marrone about without resorting to the EJ Manuel spin zone.

yada yada yada

Again, the implication is clear as day in the original post that Marrone quit in order to become the Jags O-line coach. Why are you even arguing this?

yada yada yada

It's not fun being incorrect.

yada yada yada

Marrone lover!

yada yada yada

You just don't get it.

Marrone chose to leave the Bills. He did so because he chose to coach the Jets. However, the Jets chose not to choose him, which means that Marrone didn't choose to not choose the Jets after choosing to not choose the Bills. Then he had a bunch of different interviews, some he chose to choose, some he chose to not choose (e.g. his Denver choice). But eventually he chose to choose the Jags to chose him, because he had no choice.

So he chose to choose the choice that chose the choice to choose a different choice from what he chose, thus he changed his choice to choose the choice that wasn't the choice he didn't choose, but the choice he did choose didn't choose him, forcing him to choose the choice he wouldn't have chosen if he had a choice.

Because if you chose not to decide you still have made a choice.

I mean...it's so friggin' obvious.

I know you hate my posts.....but to be perfectly honest I LOVE most of your posts........

It's amazing for how disliked the guy is/was, that we got to 9-7. It'll be interesting to see the reactions after this season (if we do worse/same/better).

Yes, I say this as not liking Marrone despite the fact that he got us to our first winning record since what.... 2004?

Its interesting that you feel that way......

Personally I think we got to 9-7 on the back of Schwartz and our defense......and Marrone and his offense did everything they could to try to keep us from getting there.......

All season long....kept saying to the tv "super bowl caliber d......popgun O"

You just don't get it.

Marrone chose to leave the Bills. He did so because he chose to coach the Jets. However, the Jets chose not to choose him, which means that Marrone didn't choose to not choose the Jets after choosing to not choose the Bills. Then he had a bunch of different interviews, some he chose to choose, some he chose to not choose (e.g. his Denver choice). But eventually he chose to choose the Jags to chose him, because he had no choice.

So he chose to choose the choice that chose the choice to choose a different choice from what he chose, thus he changed his choice to choose the choice that wasn't the choice he didn't choose, but the choice he did choose didn't choose him, forcing him to choose the choice he wouldn't have chosen if he had a choice.

Because if you chose not to decide you still have made a choice.

I mean...it's so friggin' obvious.

Simple enough.

you just needed to spell it out for some of us. What is obvious to some is not always so to others. Have patience with us lesser folks you old goat!

and i blame everything wrong about Bills on Marrone regardless of any facts.

Makes everything much more simple to focus my ire.

Ej will be the starter.

What kind? Are they fmj, buckshot or slugs? Hopefully they're not hollow point as there illegal. Either way standing 10ft in front of him is probably the safest place to be.

hater :bag:

I know you hate my posts.....but to be perfectly honest I LOVE most of your posts........

Yeah, just when you think DC_Tom is really an amalgamation of insults, business rules, and wikipedia, running on a workflow engine.

He throws in a Rush lyric(and one my favorties) and you remember he is actually a real person.

I don't know if that's comforting, or scarier. And remember, if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

EDIT:

Oh, and I was thinking about this while on the crapper earlier: those of you who say "I think what I think and I'm not going to listen to anything anyone else has to say on this!'?

You are choosing not to take advantage of this site's #1 feature. That's like using Facebook...with no friends.

IF you stop and think, it just takes a sec, the #1 feature is obvious. ;)

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yeah, just when you think DC_Tom is really an amalgamation of insults, business rules, and wikipedia, running on a workflow engine.

He throws in a Rush lyric(and one my favorties) and you remember he is actually a real person.

I don't know if that's comforting, or scarier. And remember, if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

EDIT:

Oh, and I was thinking about this while on the crapper earlier: those of you who say "I think what I think and I'm not going to listen to anything anyone else has to say on this!'?

You are choosing not to take advantage of this site's #1 feature. That's like using Facebook...with no friends.

IF you stop and think, it just takes a sec, the #1 feature is obvious. ;)

I did actually write a "DC Tom Bot" that did nothing but call people idiots.