Cordy Glenn to Left Guard

I was the first to bring this subject to light. After posting the ideal I was lambasted and ridiculed. Since we have not been able to land any of the top o-line FA (have been trying), there has been plenty of media talk of the move. Cordy is a good left tackle, but an All-Pro guard. During the preseason Seantrel Henderson played much better at LT than at RT. With a year of experience under his belt the time to which is now. This year draft is stocked with talented o-line help. Cordy will make very good money as an all-pro guard as opposed to an ok left tackle.

You were the first to bring this to light? That's a joke right?

Before Glenn was ever drafted it was assumed he would be a G in the NFL. The Bills basically shocked most of the experts by playing him at LT. There have been Glenn to G rumors since before he was in the NFL and every year since.

Also, Glenn is not an all-pro G, considering he has never played there as a pro. You also contradict yourself in your statement first saying is a good left tackle, then saying he is only ok.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

This dude thinks his post from January 15th of THIS YEAR was the first time this was brought up? My lord. Some people certainly do have a "the world revolves around me" perspective, don't they?

Edited by Mark80

There's no question cordy Glenn can play LT. He has proved that beyond a doubt. He has the size, length, weight, and quick feet. I think people are enamored with the fact that he COULD possibly be an all-pro guard given his all-sec background at the position as well as his success at the tackle position. To me it's not really where each player lines up but rather which combination gives us our best line. Seantrel is our best athlete on the line. If he could somehow live up to the hype he's been getting since high school and play the LT position at least as well as Cordy, imagine where our line could be. This is all a lot of what-ifs, but it would be incredible if CK could come in strong this year and be that RT. We would have one of biggest, youngest lines around. For argument sake (that's all this is) imagine CK living up to his 2nd round grade, cordy being an all pro at guard, Seantrel becoming the guy he's supposed to and you've got a hell of a line.

Seantrel-cordy-wood-incognito-CK.

Hypothetically speaking if Cordy moved to guard this year and played at an all pro level, he might be worth more on the open market as he's proved himself versatile, which coaches love. Plus it opens up a lot more job openings for him.

It will be interesting to see where this goes. I fully expect our OL at OTA to be Glenn - Incognito - Wood - Urbik - Henderson

It will likely remain that until the 1st preseason game. Then depending on how that goes we probably see some movement.

If I were to guess the Bills want their OL to look like this. Henderson - Glenn - Wood - Incognito - Kouandjio

There's no question cordy Glenn can play LT. He has proved that beyond a doubt. He has the size, length, weight, and quick feet. I think people are enamored with the fact that he COULD possibly be an all-pro guard given his all-sec background at the position as well as his success at the tackle position. To me it's not really where each player lines up but rather which combination gives us our best line. Seantrel is our best athlete on the line. If he could somehow live up to the hype he's been getting since high school and play the LT position at least as well as Cordy, imagine where our line could be. This is all a lot of what-ifs, but it would be incredible if CK could come in strong this year and be that RT. We would have one of biggest, youngest lines around. For argument sake (that's all this is) imagine CK living up to his 2nd round grade, cordy being an all pro at guard, Seantrel becoming the guy he's supposed to and you've got a hell of a line.

Seantrel-cordy-wood-incognito-CK.

Hypothetically speaking if Cordy moved to guard this year and played at an all pro level, he might be worth more on the open market as he's proved himself versatile, which coaches love. Plus it opens up a lot more job openings for him.

I cannot agree.

Mike Iupati was the best OG to hit the market in a long time; a 3-time pro bowler and multiple 1st-team all pro selections. he got an average of $8M/year on the open market. Even if Glenn had an all-pro year at guard, it's unlikely he'd get the same money, but for argument's sake, let's say he did.

Contrast that with Branden Albert, a LT that made 1 pro bowl as a 3rd alternate. When he hit the market, he got an average of $9.4M/year. That's a 17.5% increase over what Iupati got.

Make no mistake, Glenn moving to guard makes his chances of re-signing here significantly less. As I've said before, the only way that happens is if he signs a new deal before they move him to guard.