if evan mathis gets cut

If evan mathis gets cut, do the bills have enough room to sign him? If not do they restructure Mario, or cut a player or two?

signing him would come with atleast the assumption of chris williams getting the june 1 designation and being cut.

The Bills could get it done - IF they wanted to. They didn't go after the high-priced guards when free agency opened. Evans is 33, so that needs to be considered. The teams that wanted to pay big money already did. Evans may find the market to be less than hot at this point, so the Bills could make an attempt at getting a value signing.

I know it's not ideal to load up on +30 year old players, but I would like a signing of Mathis, and still take an OLman with at least 1 of our first 2 picks, so whoever we get doesn't have to go from starting for an ACC school to being relied on to learn a complex blocking scheme which could be the difference between our offense being successful and it being faulty.

I don't see him getting a bigger deal in FA than 14 million for 2 years... He could get more years, but I'm saying that the per-anuium price wouldn't make sense to be anywhere near $7 million per, again. He would be entering the secondary phase of FA, As a 33 yer old. I think if we offered him a 3 year, $13 million deal, that should get it done, and always the option there to cut ties after every year, if age becomes an issue.

There's rumors he told PFF he was a big fan of their website and afterwards his grades soared.

Given his size, age and cap hit he is a pass for me personally. Take AJ Cann or Laken Tomlinson in the draft to play opposite Richie with Urbik in the rotation. Use our remaining cap money to bring back Spikes and wait for June 1st cuts.