Eli Manning could enter FA in 2016

if they are going to let Eli play out his final year then walk, we should offer them a pick for him. it's better than the Giants getting nothing in return. offer our 1st in 2016 and then we will win the Super Bowl and then i wont be so angry all of the time!

Edited by kdiggz

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much every name QB is a free agent in 2016.

Manning wants a new deal with the Giants (like Ben got in Pgh), and they don't want to give him one, content to address it after the season when he becomes a FA. Its different from rivers as well, where SD does want to give him an extension, but he's the one who wants to wait it out for specific reasons.

Could also be achieved by talking about the task at hand for 2015 instead of 2016.

why are you posting in this thread if you don't want to talk about 2016? Edited by YoloinOhio

that is true.

You may have a point... I wonder how many more 35 year old QB's do the Bills want to acquire in each new offseason?

let's get them all and have them fight for a roster spot. that would make for a great reality TV show. "which future hall of fame QB will make the team? you decide." and then let the fans vote them in. Brees vs Manning vs Manning. maybe throw Favre in there just for giggles

Edited by kdiggz

Could also be achieved by talking about the task at hand for 2015 instead of 2016.

The fans have no "task at hand." We're just passing time entertaining ourselves on the internet.

do we have any now?

besides Cassel, IIRC you may have asked for Manning, Rivers, Brees, Culter, Schaub, Palmer, Hasselbeck (is he still active?), Sanchez, (maybe Orton again) .. did I miss any?

http://www.nfl.com/player/matthasselbeck/2501078/profile

JAG

31. Matt Cassel

32. Ryan Fitzpatrick

33. Brandon Weeden

34. Blaine Gabbert

35. Mark Sanchez

We're back with this Hanzus-inspired category: JAG, as in, just another guy. These are gentlemen on the fringe of a promising career at CVS.

I think we'd have better luck signing Fig Newton, who also will be a FA next year.

I'd be OK with Cam next year if there is a need.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

i don't think they will trade him. Why can't they get an extension done now though?

Both Rivers and Manning are being smart about this. IMO they and their agents believe their respective teams will come in at the tenth hour with massive contracts. I would have to agree with them.

Again, this is an IMO

Both Rivers and Manning are being smart about this. IMO they and their agents believe their respective teams will come in at the tenth hour with massive contracts. I would have to agree with them.

Again, this is an IMO

but Eli actually wants the extension now. It's the team that wants to wait. It's the opposite in SD.

cassel is 32. No, you don't recall correctly. I didn't ask for any of those QBs, many of which are not 35. What are you talking about? Or by "you" are you referring to the board itself and not me? Just really unsure of your point. The fact that the giants publically stated they aren't giving Eli the extension he wants is nfl news that I posted. You seem to take exception to this news being posted on the board.

I expect he will be extended before the end the season. Have the panthers said otherwise?

not specifically you, the board in general. it just looks as if you start new threads once a new name pops up,

35, 33, they are over 30, My point being, to build "for the future", and gain stability, the Bills need a much younger QB to step up and play. getting these older vets is nothing but a bandaid.

not specifically you, the board in general. it just looks as if you start new threads once a new name pops up,

35, 33, they are over 30, My point being, to build "for the future", and gain stability, the Bills need a much younger QB to step up and play. getting these older vets is nothing but a bandaid.

the fact the giants aren't giving him a new deal before the end of the season is news. I didn't start threads about wanting any of those other guys. The only name I mentioned "wanting," months ago, was Sanchez because we were discussing FAs. Sometimes I might post news, such as Cutler being on the block, or Peyton Manning being in limbo, for discussion. Others have posted about other QBs in the same manner. It doesn't mean I want the guy. It's just nfl storylines that are out there. Edited by YoloinOhio

This is false.

"Getting older vets" is such a generic statement

If you cant see the difference between signing a 32 year old Cassel and a 32 year old Rivers, or Manning, you might want to give your head a shake.

32 year old Cassel - Bandaid

32 year old Manning - Jumps you to instant contender.

This is false.

"Getting older vets" is such a generic statement

If you cant see the difference between signing a 32 year old Cassel and a 32 year old Rivers, or Manning, you might want to give your head a shake.

32 year old Cassel - Bandaid

32 year old Manning - Jumps you to instant contender.

Eli? An instant contender? Can you guarantee that?

A bandaid is a 1 maybe 2 year temporary attempt to be / look good.

WRT the Giants - is this the same team that starts out so crappy the HC is always on the verge of getting fired?

Don't misinterpret this - I am not saying that all of these "older" guys suck, I'd like to see the Bills FINALLY get a young QB to play and win for a decade or more!!!

Eli? An instant contender? Can you guarantee that?

A bandaid is a 1 maybe 2 year temporary attempt to be / look good.

WRT the Giants - is this the same team that starts out so crappy the HC is always on the verge of getting fired?

Don't misinterpret this - I am not saying that all of these "older" guys suck, I'd like to see the Bills FINALLY get a young QB to play and win for a decade or more!!!

Bills would need the #1 pick for you to see that happen.