Starbucks Fans...Whadayathink of this new idea?

IDBillzFan

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only read the first page or two when it started and whatever is on the last page. I have no intention to read any more on the subject because the concept is for epic dooshes. For starters most people who frequent Starbucks are dooshes and most people with an obsession on skin color are dooshes. Seems like a perfect marriage for epic dooshes.

So I don't know if this had been covered or not, so here goes.

That said I will admit to a personal bias. I love me some Airplane!. And this thread always reminds me of this

I worked at a Denny's in the 70s.Back then a cup of coffee cost 40 cents. The manager told me that that had the largest profit margin, bigger than anything else n the menu. You had to drink >13 cups for them to lose money. Cost the company about 3 cents a cup. Thats greater than 90% mark up.

Fountain pop has to be cheaper, no?

Starbucks CEO has a new plan to get you to talk about racism in America. It includes their baristas writing "Race Together" on a cup in hopes you ask "What does this mean?" at which point the barista will talk to you about how bad racism is in America.

Frankly, I'm not a Starbucks fan because (a) the idea of standing in a long line for a cup of coffee is ridiculous and (b) I think their coffee tastes horrible.

Regardless, the company is hugely successful based on all the people who somehow have turned it into some status symbol. It's like, well, I can't drive a Mini Cooper, but at least I'm not drinking that McDonald's swill.

So I'm curious; if you're a Starbucks fan, do you like this idea? Do you care?

Chime in, please.

just more social brain washing