Tim Tebow Working Out With Eagles

Some people just can't accept that they are only half the man Tebow is. People like Gugny want people like me and Tim Tebow to fail. It's OK, we've learned to turn the other cheek and love them no matter how deep seeded and irrational their hatred may be.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are we at with this?

Tebow is religious. People who are religious love him. People who are not religious despise him. What happens on the field is just a platform for advancing a culture war.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don't get what the big deal is. Dude's a Christian. He wants to inspire people with a message that he finds hope an joy in. Doesn't hate those who don't accept or agree with him. Nothing hateful about it.

So if a player is a white supremacist and wants to use his celebrity in order to inspire people with a message that he finds hope and joy in, you think that's okay. If you don't agree with white supremacy, you can just turn the channel and move on.

So if a player is a white supremacist and wants to use his celebrity in order to inspire people with a message that he finds hope and joy in, you think that's okay. If you don't agree with white supremacy, you can just turn the channel and move on.

Tell me who he's hurting? Tell me what group of people he is being hateful towards. Other than some quotes from a pastor of a church that he one time almost spoke at.

Tebow deserves another chance. I wouldn't mind him competing for a spot on the Bills roster. He's not a natural talent, but he is a big over-achiever. But I think the NFL doesn't really want the spotlight on him because the dude is clearly gay and repressing it hard with the fundamental Christian stuff. Whenever that bubble eventually bursts, the NFL doesn't want to be near it.

Wow... really? That's pretty much the worst thing I've ever read anywhere, ever. You are bad, and you should feel bad.

Worse still, what if he was a militant atheist or agnostic supremacist who publicly mocked and insulted people who are religious. An angry, radical social progressive who used his celebrity to berate people with his message, and demonized those who didn't agree as racist idiots. Can you imagine?

Tebow is religious. People who are religious love him. People who are not religious despise him. What happens on the field is just a platform for advancing a culture war.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

This is quite a generalization. I am far from religious and loved Tebow as a college player. I don't think he can play QB in the NFL, but it has nothing to do with his beliefs.

Religion aside, the dude's just not a good quarterback. Simple as that.

Except that he won the heisman trophy and took his team to the playoffs and has won at every level. He cant be all that bad. Football is about more than just stats. Sounds a lot like another qb we used to have that could never get a fair shot (Flutie)

I don't get what the big deal is. Dude's a Christian. He wants to inspire people with a message that he finds hope an joy in. Doesn't hate those who don't accept or agree with him. Nothing hateful about it.

Well he does wholeheartedly believe that if you don't believe like he does you will burn and rot for eternity in fiery hell, but there is no hate in that.

Well he does wholeheartedly believe that if you don't believe like he does you will burn and rot for eternity in fiery hell, but there is no hate in that.

that doesn't sound like hate. sounds like concern. if you believed that aliens were coming to destroy the earth and the only way to save yourself was to eat jelly beans wouldn't you be telling everyone that would listen that they should stock up on jelly beans?

that doesn't sound like hate. sounds like concern. if you believed that aliens were coming to destroy the earth and the only way to save yourself was to eat jelly beans wouldn't you be telling everyone that would listen that they should stock up on jelly beans?

:lol: Well your analogy sounds as crazy and as likely as the hell scenario.