Tim Tebow Working Out With Eagles

You mean those 5 yard drops that ... oh, hell, I don't know ... win Super Bowls every !@#$ing year? Yes. Yawn.

Second chance was with the Jets. You make the roster as a QB, that's your chance to win the job. He didn't do it.

If you call the inability to read a defense, leading to a broken play for some positive yardage via scrambling, a "strength," ask Flutie how many meaningful games it won the teams he played on.

I do not disagree. HOWEVER, I think we can both admit that, at most, there are 10 guys in the NFL right now who are capable of doing those 5 yard drops at a SB level. My point is, maybe, just maybe, some team should try something else. That way, we arent hoping to be one of the 33% of teams that luckily has a QB who can do it! TRY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!! Or else you might have a team that goes 15 seasons without making the playoffs.

And he never started a game with the JEts, thats not a second chance.

And Flutie led the Bills to a 10–5 record, The Bills haven't matched that record since.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tebow wasn't so ego driven to play in the NFL so he can further his brand, he would try to show people by playing in the CFL... But that is beneath Tebow.

He's not good enough for the CFL, either. One thing Tebow is not, is stupid. He knows if he goes to the CFL and sucks (which would be very likely) that his dream of being in the NFL, in front of all of those cameras, would be over forever.

I do not disagree. HOWEVER, I think we can both admit that, at most, there are 10 guys in the NFL right now who are capable of doing those 5 yard drops at a SB level. My point is, maybe, just maybe, some team should try something else. That way, we arent hoping to be one of the 33% of teams that luckily has a QB who can do it! TRY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!! Or else you might have a team that goes 15 seasons without making the playoffs.

And he never started a game with the JEts, thats not a second chance.

And Flutie led the Bills to a 10–5 record, The Bills haven't matched that record since.

It was a second chance because he could have proven that he was the best QB on the team. He failed to do that. He did, however, prove that his is likely the worst QB in the history of the league to waste a spot on a 53-man roster.

Flutie didn't lead anything. If Flutie showed anybody watching ANYTHING .. it was that he was not a leader. Flutie was horrible.

If Tebow gets a second chance, he will win games for whichever team grants him that second chance. Eye tests and stats and throwing motions don't matter when you want to win football games. The question, who wants to win football games?

Exactly. I'm opining that Tebow sucks and that, even though the Broncos were able to come back a handful of times, it was NOT because of anything Tebow did. I believe that anyone who thinks Tim Tebow adds anything positive to an NFL team that would like to win games would have to be a moron.

hey Gug, what part does a defense play in QBR? Just wondering since Tebow had (at the time) the highest 4th qtr qbr in the league.....you know, once John Fox stopped calling run, run, pass on third and 9 on every single series? Does good defensive play impact QBR?

If Tebow gets a second chance, he will win games for whichever team grants him that second chance. Eye tests and stats and throwing motions don't matter when you want to win football games. The question, who wants to win football games?

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Dude but he took the Broncos to playoffs in an awful AFC West division and beat the Steelers because LeBeau installed a monumentally bad defensive game plan . He also averaged 48% completions during his NFL career .

How can you not see that he is worth another look ?

ah, now it is the OTHER DEFENSE'S fault. Awesome!

hey Gug, what part does a defense play in QBR? Just wondering since Tebow had (at the time) the highest 4th qtr qbr in the league.....you know, once John Fox stopped calling run, run, pass on third and 9 on every single series? Does good defensive play impact QBR?

Oh, God. QBR?

Please.

I'm surprised it took you so long to find this thread.

What is your problem dude....you feel the need to call me out? Not as surprising as things you say.

Oh, God. QBR?

Please.

oh, now QBR is evil too? While it may not be the most accurate measure, it is a measure that has some validity. QB rating is equally flawed (which was >125 in the game against the Steelers) or is it just any stat that supports a Tebow argument draws your venom? You hate the guy, just admit that.

Edited by Garranimal

What is your problem dude....you feel the need to call me out? Not as surprising as things you say.

oh, now QBR is evil too? While it may not be the most accurate measure, it is a measure that has some validity. QB rating is equally flawed.

Overall/total QBR, perhaps.

4th quarter numbers ... for many QBs, good or bad, are garbage numbers.

Tebow faced soft, fluff defenses in the 4th quarter of many games. You know this.

Flutie didn't lead anything. If Flutie showed anybody watching ANYTHING .. it was that he was not a leader. Flutie was horrible.

refreshing to hear others state this. Flutie was a horrible QB who occasionally pulled a play out of his ass.

Overall/total QBR, perhaps.

4th quarter numbers ... for many QBs, good or bad, are garbage numbers.

Tebow faced soft, fluff defenses in the 4th quarter of many games. You know this.

No I don't. I do know that how Tebow was allowed to play changed dramatically in the 4th quarter. Similarly, after all of Horseface Elway's posturing leading up to the playoff game about wanting Tebow to "let it rip" led to a much different game plan that allowed Tebow to set numerous passing records in that game.

Additionally, deciding what stats are good and bad and what is 'garbage' is no more than opinionated hand-picking of data to support an argument. Tebow clearly had different playcalling when the Broncos were losing in the 4th quarter so his QBR during that quarter is relevant. You know this.

So did Russell Wilson face a soft defense in the 4th quarter against the Packers? I am not comparing the two QBs, i am trying understand the twisted logic at work here.

Edited by Garranimal

No I don't. I do know that how Tebow was allowed to play changed dramatically in the 4th quarter. Similarly, after all of Horseface Elway's posturing leading up to the playoff game about wanting Tebow to "let it rip" led to a much different game plan that allowed Tebow to set numerous passing records in that game.

Additionally, deciding what stats are good and bad and what is 'garbage' is no more than opinionated hand-picking of data to support an argument. Tebow clearly had different playcalling when the Broncos were losing in the 4th quarter so his QBR during that quarter is relevant. You know this.

So did Russell Wilson face a soft defense in the 4th quarter against the Packers? I am not comparing the two QBs, i am trying understand the twisted logic at work here.

So sucking for the first 55 minutes is okay, as long as the last 5 are decent once in a while.

Got it.

This makes sense, seeing he's been unemployed for a couple years now and at least 5 teams have zero viable starting QBs on their rosters.

oh, now QBR is evil too? While it may not be the most accurate measure, it is a measure that has some validity. QB rating is equally flawed.

Your almost fanatical support for a wannabe NFL QB is interesting and hence merits a call out. I believe you've made an appearance on like 99% of the Tebow threads in the past few years ?

If you bring up some rational and objective facts on why Tebow should still be considered for a QB position in the NFL, I'm willing to listen. Things like "he just wins" don't count.

So sucking for the first 55 minutes is okay, as long as the last 5 are decent once in a while.

Got it.

This makes sense, seeing he's been unemployed for a couple years now and at least 5 teams have zero viable starting QBs on their rosters.

Got it.

Hyperbole, which is what everyone resorts to when a viable argument supported by logic/fact is presented. Did he suck for 55 minutes against the Steelers? Vikings? Patriots in the regular season? (no, in fact he sucked for the last 35 minutes in that game)

The unemployed statement is no different than asking why did it take 6 rounds for someone to draft Tom Brady......just because someone/everyone thinks something, doesn't make it accurate or inaccurate for that matter.

Your almost fanatical support for a wannabe NFL QB is interesting and hence merits a call out. I believe you've made an appearance on like 99% of the Tebow threads in the past few years ?

If you bring up some rational and objective facts on why Tebow should still be considered for a QB position in the NFL, I'm willing to listen. Things like "he just wins" don't count.

I showed up on page 5, every other person in this thread has been in EVERY SINGLE TEBOW THREAD, including you. I have never ever ever said he just wins...please find it mouth! I bring facts every time and you simply bring jokes, taunts and BS.....you simply aren't willing to listen otherwise you would have responded with something contributory rather than asinine.