Can fan & rumor websites really affect a team's signings?

Iraq Vet

So recently it seems like fans stopped Freddie from being cut. I also remember Takeo Spikes signs all over the place during Spikes last game with Cincy here @ RWS. That off season he was signed.

I know fans can get help get players cut (Glen Parker) or a coach fired (the last 4 head coaches not named Doug)

But can fans really help a signing or force a signing a FA?

So recently it seems like fans stopped Freddie from being cut. I also remember Takeo Spikes signs all over the place during Spikes last game with Cincy here @ RWS. That off season he was signed.

I know fans can get help get players cut (Glen Parker) or a coach fired (the last 4 head coaches not named Doug)

But can fans really help a signing or force a signing a FA?

No. They consider a lot of things, including but not limited to fan reaction (ticket sales is a huge factor). But I can't imagine they waste their time going to any fan sites.

I'll bet there is someone in the office (PR) who keeps their eyes on fan boards, social media, etc.

I'd also be willing to be that whoever that is does not have a seat at the table when trades, draft pics, etc. are discussed.

I'll bet there is someone in the office (PR) who keeps their eyes on fan boards, social media, etc.

I'd also be willing to be that whoever that is does not have a seat at the table when trades, draft pics, etc. are discussed.

I'll bet that whoever does read the fan boards reports to someone who does sit at the table. It would be ridiculous to think that a business wouldn't consider its consumer's reaction when making a change.

Edited by Nihilist25