Israeli Elections

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean exactly what I said. The West Bank and Gaza make up 22% of Israel. Go live on the other 78%. Dismantle your settlements and army bases and leave us be.

Allow us to repair our roads. Allow us to import and export goods. Allow our children the right to grow up without looking at AK-47s and Tanks and allow them to live without hateful and racist remarks. I've been there. I've seen it and heard it all. It's a horrible occupation.

Yeah. They left Gaza all right. They just go back every few years and destroy the infrastructure.

How was Israel rewarded, when under Sharron, they forced the dismantling of all settlments in Gaza and the northern West Bank, and forcibly removed all settlers?

Why in the world would they do this again?

As to destorying the infrastructure? When Israel vacated Gaza they left the agricultural infrastructure intact. The Palestinians then destroyed it, and proceeded to conduct themselves in a manor which made Sharron look foolish for having proceeded as he did.

So leave your corrupt government be? Leave Hamas to their own devices?

That will bring peace?

Governments come and go. There will be other elections. Hamas only exists because of the current situation.

I mean exactly what I said. The West Bank and Gaza make up 22% of Israel. Go live on the other 78%. Dismantle your settlements and army bases and leave us be.

Allow us to repair our roads. Allow us to import and export goods. Allow our children the right to grow up without looking at AK-47s and Tanks and allow them to live without hateful and racist remarks. I've been there. I've seen it and heard it all. It's a horrible occupation.

Yeah. They left Gaza all right. They just go back every few years and destroy the infrastructure.

So Gaza's part of Israel, but they "go back" every couple years?

Which is it?

How was Israel rewarded, when under Sharron, they forced the dismantling of all settlments in Gaza and the northern West Bank, and forcibly removed all settlers?

As to destorying the infrastructure? When Israel vacated Gaza they left the agricultural infrastructure intact. The Palestinians then destroyed it, and proceeded to conduct themselves in a manor which made Sharron look foolish for having proceeded as he did.

Was it stately Wayne manor they conducted themselves in?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Governments come and go. There will be other elections. Hamas only exists because of the current situation.

And those 46 dead Israelis and possibly more are just collateral damage for the Palestinians getting what they want? Gee, easy to say as a non-Israeli.

So Gaza's part of Israel, but they "go back" every couple years?

Which is it?

Whichever one makes the Palestinians appear more helpless and victimized. They have no influence on the events that affect them.

Fool me twice, we won't get fooled again.

Conversely, the current situation only exists because of Hamas. Tough to negotiate when you keep launching rockets at the people you're trying to negotiate with.

I'm not even going to respond to this.

Because...you can't reconcile Gaza's self-rule and Israel's withdrawal with your desire for it to be untrue?

Conversely, the current situation only exists because of Hamas. Tough to negotiate when you keep launching rockets at the people you're trying to negotiate with.

Because...you can't reconcile Gaza's self-rule and Israel's withdrawal with your desire for it to be untrue?

But before I go I have to reply to this drivel. Correct me if I'm wrong but the war in '67 was started because the Straits of Tiran were blocked. Gaza is blocked on all sides. It's a f'in prison. Edited by Justice

Our involvement in that whole region made things worse. This government and many of you will never understand the ME.

What's there to understand? One side screams and rants that the other should be destroyed. The other side takes aggressive measures to prevent that. The screaming/ranting side then cries foul play, and the cycle continues.

You guys are gonna have to show me where I said Gaza wasn't self ruled.

Your "leave our 22% (comprising of Gaza and the WB) alone," implies that Gaza and the WB are not left alone.

The WB may not be but Gaza is, and it's hardly worked.

Your "leave our 22% (comprising of Gaza and the WB) alone," implies that Gaza and the WB are not left alone.

The WB may not be but Gaza is, and it's hardly worked.

Yes. As in the whole 22%. Gaza and the West Bank. I know and you know there are no settlements in Gaza.

The Gaza Strip doesn't exactly have full control of itself.

It depends on your definition of "threat."

I actually agree with you - the Palestinians are not an existential threat.

It also depends on your definition of existential threat.

The world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum, the world does not operate in a vacuum......