After signing Hughes, how are we gonna keep Dareus??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With HUGE $$$ already devoted to DL, and now re-signing Hughes to 5 yr 45mil, its gonna very VERY hard to lock up Mr. Big Stuff next yr. Maybe Mario re-structures or something but we have a ton of dough tied up in DL already and with Suh about to get more $$$ than JJ Watt did, Dareus is probably looking at those deals and salivating.

Hopefully it can be done, but IMO, if I had choice to lock up an elite DT like Dareus and had to chose which one to sign, it would be no brainer, Dareus over Hughes.

At least we are a yr away from this situation and so many things can happen but it was the first thing that came to mind after seeing the money Suh is about to get and us re-signing Hughes.

Hughes would be ALOT easier to replace than Dareus.

I dont get it....do you not keep up

Fans here are funny. I'm as critical as anyone (well, most), but this is the message board over the past few years:

(1) Ralph is cheap.

(2) Pegula is spending $ on X, how do we keep player Y.

You can't keep everyone. Decisions will have to be made. Now we don't have to pay Kiko when he hits FA, we can pay Marcell and Gilmore. Also, there are some lesser $$ NT that we could bring in this year for depth. And the draft. (not that I want Marcell to go).

Edited by RyanC883

1. Restructure Mario

2. Cut Kyle Williams next year

3. Extend Glenn now

4. Cut Chris Williams after June 1st

5. Don't sign any more FA's and let the cap money roll over

6. Let Spiller and Searcy walk and get compensatory draft picks

The Bills have $50 million of cap space next year.

We'll keep Dareus the same way we kept Jerry... We'll make him an offer he can't refuse because he is worth it! I am confident that the leadership at OBD already has a plan in place to take care of this obvious step toward securing our long-term success! Go Bills!!!

The Bills have $50 million of cap space next year.

Ok. But everyting I suggested still makes sense. If you are correct then they may have enough to extend Gillmore early.

Does that figure count Cassell coming off the books? Is that cap space number pre or post Hughes and McCoy deals?

Ok. But everyting I suggested still makes sense. If you are correct then they may have enough to extend Gillmore early.

Does that figure count Cassell coming off the books? Is that cap space number pre or post Hughes and McCoy deals?

Post Mccoy and Hughes deals, and yes it accounts for Cassel coming of the books. We are at $38 million right now and the cap should increase by at least $10 million next year. In two years our free cap jumps to $70 million if you assume the cap remains stagnant.If it continues to increase at 10 mill per year we are looking around $90 million in cap space. Plenty of money to spend.

Post Mccoy and Hughes deals, and yes it accounts for Cassel coming of the books. We are at $38 million right now and the cap should increase by at least $10 million next year. In two years our free cap jumps to $70 million if you assume the cap remains stagnant.If it continues to increase at 10 mill per year we are looking around $90 million in cap space. Plenty of money to spend.

Glenn, Dareus, and Gillmore will eat most of that up but they are all worth the cash.

Gosh it sure is nice to not have a franchise QB...

I would bet $ this will be KW's last year. He'll be 33 going into the 2016 season with $7m of pure cap space freed up if released. Maybe it will be time to put Charles in charge?

Kyle is the next Fred. Not going anywhere.

Besides, he will have a SB ring this time next year.

Kyle is the next Fred. Not going anywhere.

Besides, he will have a SB ring this time next year.

i hope they don't start making decisions based on emotions. The hoodie doesn't. Maybe not a ring, but they will get their first taste of the playoffs...

We'll keep Dareus the same way we kept Jerry... We'll make him an offer he can't refuse because he is worth it! I am confident that the leadership at OBD already has a plan in place to take care of this obvious step toward securing our long-term success! Go Bills!!!

kool aid licker : )