Punch

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta be joking, right?

He is better in every possible way, by a lot-- accuracy, arm strength, vision, mobility, health, etc.

I follow the 49ers a lot (for my brother) and i can tell Kaepernick is awful reading defenses , he usually takes unnecessary timeouts

So what is the asking price?

I get the feeling that the 49'ers are not looking for just draft picks.

Probably not much since you will also gave to take the contract.

would you guys do next year's 1? i'm thinking i would.

We would be picking 32 anyway...

You gotta be joking, right?

He is better in every possible way, by a lot-- accuracy, arm strength, vision, mobility, health, etc.

No, I'm not.

He frequently shows poor judgment (on the field), and was bailed out over and over by his playmakers.

Then again, I guess we DO have a lot of playmakers now. Maybe I could warm up to the idea. We'd have to have a stud "safety valve" TE though.

@CharlesRobinson: If Colin Kaepernick is on the trading block, #49ers would take a $9,863,012 cap hit on the remainder of his signing bonus. This seems wild.

He carries quite a bit of dead money the next two years. Tough time to let him go. Year 3 is cheap to dump him. After that it's basically free. His contract counts between 15-20 against the cap so it's actually manageable. About the same as Mario in just cap dollars per year (not counting dead money if cut/traded here)

The question becomes Dareus or Kaep? We couldn't have them both next year.

Wonder what the cost is to get him. Cutlers contract isn't a whole lot different. Expensive this year but gets less as it progresses. A 2nd seems about right, but for a QB with a lot of questions, it seems like a lot to absorb the cap hit.

No, I'm not.

He frequently shows poor judgment (on the field), and was bailed out over and over by his playmakers.

Then again, I guess we DO have a lot of playmakers now. Maybe I could warm up to the idea. We'd have to have a stud "safety valve" TE though.

He was not bailed out by anyone, maybe the running game sometimes. He also bailed himself out a lot with his legs and is good for a few mind blowing plays a game.

would you guys do next year's 1? i'm thinking i would.

Nope 100 times over. Not worth a first, especially with the contract. You don't give up a first for a guy you might need to replace in 2 years.

@JeremyWGR: I put Kaep odds very very low. Guy we talked to in SF said Kaep was the problem in SF offense while raving about Roman. Don't see it happnin