GOP Skips Selma Event

I'm not clicking the link but are people upset that Republicans skipped a movie premier??

Were they even invited? I have no interest in the movie. If I want to learn more about it I'll not let the Hollywood glitz and glam try to fill me full of **** while making a dime

Good Lord, such misunderstanding and spin.....................its hilarious

The 50th anniversary of the March on Selma observances were held today and as usual Gator and his ilk are misstating the facts to try and meet their own low standards.

Yes, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell, etc. were not there, (neither were Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer) but it’s not like the entire GOP is avoiding the event.

A number of rank-and-file Republicans are attending.
Sen. Tim Scott, a South Carolina Republican, is a co-sponsor of the event along with Rep. Martha Roby of Alabama.
Scott is the first African-American Republican elected from the South since the end of Reconstruction.
200px-Tim_Scott,_official_portrait,_112tMartha_Roby.jpg

Roby’s office said Thursday 23 Republican House and Senate members were registered to attend the pilgrimage.

Former President George W. Bush and wife Laura will be attending, too. (Bill & Hillary and Jimmy Carter were not)

The exact number of who was there and who was not is not really important, and sadly (to many today) neither was the sacrifice made by the brave men and women who marched that day.

No it's much more important to try and score cheap political points

But "ALL HAIL TO THE NARRATIVE"................simpleton lefties will ignore the (inconvenient) facts to try and justify their own false beliefs about conservatives.

Good Lord, such misunderstanding and spin.....................its hilarious

The 50th anniversary of the March on Selma observances were held today and as usual Gator and his ilk are misstating the fact

Roby’s office said Thursday 23 Republican House and Senate members were registered to attend the pilgrimage.

Former President George W. Bush and wife Laura will

The exact number of who was there and who was not is

No it's much more important to try and score cheap political points

But "ALL HAIL TO THE NARRATIVE"................simpleton lefties will ignore the (inconvenient) facts to try and justify their own false beliefs about conservative

link?

link?

OK here it is, just for you:

Rules to apply when posting:

1) Sit in a comfortable chair, take a deep breath and let it out slowly then;

2) Gather some background, e.g., read the info at the link (if provided), think about the point being made in the context of your beliefs;

3) Type the words that best convey your thoughts in response to the issue you are considering;

4) Spell check what you've typed;

5) Reread what you typed and think of ways to make your points clearer;

6) Concentrate on issues important to you.

7) Ask someone in the same class to proofread what you wrote and make changes as needed;

8) Click Post.

I'm glad Obama made it

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/obama-at-selma-memorial-says-‘we-know-the-march-is-not-over-yet’/ar-AA9v32u?srcref=rss

I just don't get why the Tea Party didn't make a big deal about this. These people were the poster Childs of no taxation without representation way worse that any tea party loser ever suffered, but they are not highlighting this. Strange

Such irony that the Voting Rights act of 1965 never would have passed without Republicans voting for it.

B. O. is not the descendant of slaves and has no connection to the freedom fighters of the 60s. He is an African American though.

Lol.....................here is another good example of media "assistance"

Here is the New York Times front page...........

B_lC0PHU8AEQaqz.jpg

And here is the same...................without cropping President Bush out.

B_lC0LrUgAAXyit.jpg

"ALL HAIL TO THE NARRATIVE"...............

How Republicans celebrated #Selma50

Multiple pictures, tweets, and stories from the members who did attend.........including Reince Preibus..............you know.......the GOP Chairman.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/colin-powell-sees-dark-vein-intolerance-gop/story?id=29482208

Speaking on the day following the 50-year anniversary of "Bloody Sunday" in Selma, Alabama, the first African-American Secretary of State Colin Powell said he still sees a "dark vein" of intolerance in the Republican Party, echoing comments that he made in 2013.

I'm glad Obama made it

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/obama-at-selma-memorial-says-‘we-know-the-march-is-not-over-yet’/ar-AA9v32u?srcref=rss

I just don't get why the Tea Party didn't make a big deal about this. These people were the poster Childs of no taxation without representation way worse that any tea party loser ever suffered, but they are not highlighting this. Strange

Of course Obama made it. Any reasonable person with a life is tired of getting hit over the head with this crap. A reasonable person being anyone that doesn't conform to the left wing divide and conquer agenda. But Barry? He still sees some fuel to burn the flames of hate in a 50 year old event. Thousands of Christians being murdered in the mideast today? Who cares lets play some hoops. Let's keep digging up the past I can get some mileage out of that. pos

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/colin-powell-sees-dark-vein-intolerance-gop/story?id=29482208

Speaking on the day following the 50-year anniversary of "Bloody Sunday" in Selma, Alabama, the first African-American Secretary of State Colin Powell said he still sees a "dark vein" of intolerance in the Republican Party, echoing comments that he made in 2013.

I think there's a dark vein going in his head. It's called a tumor.

Edited by Dante