B Marshall to jets

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang good deal for the Jets. I wonder if they take Marriota or get Foles and a bunch of picks from the Eagles to move down. Either way they are in a really good position to get better

Dear god the overreactions... His cap hit isn't good for a team like the Jets. They are building the wrong way... Paying for all these WRs with no QB even if they grab Mariotta or Foles they still have no good QB.

So, Brandon Marshal, a 31 year old receiver coming off back to back to back Pro Bowls in 2011-13 nets a fifth rounder.

And an injured linebacker we don't need netted us the 2013 rushing champion who had more yards last year in a down year than any Bills rusher since Travis Henry in 2003.

Anyone still want to debate the McCoy trade?

So, Brandon Marshal, a 31 year old receiver coming off back to back to back Pro Bowls in 2011-13 nets a fifth rounder.

And an injured linebacker we don't need netted us the 2013 rushing champion who had more yards last year in a down year than any Bills rusher since Travis Henry in 2003.

Anyone still want to debate the McCoy trade?

I liked (LOVED) our trade but to say we didn't need him... he is instantly one of the top 5 players on the Eagles. We can always use outstanding FB players. Hear ya.... but I think he would have played well this coming year in Red, White & Blue

Dear god the overreactions... His cap hit isn't good for a team like the Jets. They are building the wrong way... Paying for all these WRs with no QB even if they grab Mariotta or Foles they still have no good QB.

you must be joking. the Jets have tons of cap room. they just got a Pro Bowler for a 5th round pick and will have a better QB than anyone we have. by comparison we gave up a 5th and got Matt Cassel

For those saying that McCoy is washed up Marshall is certainly nearing the end. Through his career he has excelled only with Cutler throwing the ball, he had some injury problems last year, was passed on the depth chart by Alshon, only scored tds in 5 games last year, and will be 31 by the end of the month. He isn't done yet but the end is certainly near. He also has had some issues with attitude and I wouldn't be surprised to see them crop up again when the Jets start losing or Geno goes Geno and throws some picks.

A 5th is peanuts but I don't know as if I would want him at this age, with that contract, and with his attitude.

you must be joking. the Jets have tons of cap room. they just got a Pro Bowler for a 5th round pick and will have a better QB than anyone we have. by comparison we gave up a 5th and got Matt Cassel

You can't be serious. Geno is beyond terrible.

I liked (LOVED) our trade but to say we didn't need him... he is instantly one of the top 5 players on the Eagles. We can always use outstanding FB players. Hear ya.... but I think he would have played well this coming year in Red, White & Blue

But we didn't need him. We had a defense that finished in the top 5 last year without him. What other evidence do we need?

That's a little bit of Bills Fan talk IMO. Adding talent is adding talent. Marshall is a great player. Simple as that. It was a good move. Edited by TheTruthHurts