What makes you happy?

For me it's the following:

1) Puppies (but not Pit Bulls)

2) Little children opening presents (but not little organic or handmade gifts...I mean "Transformers" with security tape and twist ties watching them struggle for hours)

3) Reading a really good thread authored by an intellectual type (but not here...I mean on other boards) (kidding)

4) My wife's mac and cheese (but not on the second day)

5) Doug Whaley (but not when he has that "I just smoked a bowl" squinty smirk on his face)

6) Making enough money to pay my bills (but not when I have to sell my kids' toys to break even) (kidding)

7) Watching "Die Hard" over and over again just to hear Hans say "Now - I - Have - A - Machine - Gun - Ho - Ho - Ho"

8) Having really good chicken wings (but only when they are crispy and saucy)

9) Fly fishing (when I catch fish or when I sit on the shore and drink a cold beer while watching my son cast and catch fish)

10) Always being in favor of any move that has benefited anyone or any team at any time.

11) Trees

Edited by BringBackFergy

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start off with cooking which is amazing seeing it was a source of so much stress in my life when I did it professionally.

Spending time with my wife

Being up front against the stage for a show at the Fox Theater like I'll be doing this Saturday for my favorite band Umphrey's McGee. I smile from ear to ear during the whole show.

For me it's the following:

1) Puppies (but not Pit Bulls)

2) Little children opening presents (but not little organic or handmade gifts...I mean "Transformers" with security tape and twist ties watching them struggle for hours)

3) Reading a really good thread authored by an intellectual type (but not here...I mean on other boards)

4) My wife's mac and cheese (but not on the second day)

5) Doug Whaley (but not when he has that "I just smoked a bowl" squinty smirk on his face)

6) Making enough money to pay my bills (but not when I have to sell my kids' toys to break even)

7) Watching "Die Hard" over and over again just to hear Hans say "Now - I - Have - A - Machine - Gun - Ho - Ho - Ho"

8) Having really good chicken wings (but only when they are crispy and saucy)

9) Fly fishing (when I catch fish or when I sit on the shore and drink a cold beer while watching my son cast and catch fish)

10) Always being in favor of any move that has benefited anyone or any team at any time. (but, not at the expense of the Bills or Sabres)

I'll start off with cooking which is amazing seeing it was a source of so much stress in my life when I did it professionally.

Spending time with my wife

Being up front against the stage for a show at the Fox Theater like I'll be doing this Saturday for my favorite band Umphrey's McGee. I smile from ear to ear during the whole show.

Ditto on the cooking. Nothing makes me happier than seeing my family elbows deep in something I created.

My daughter especially when she laughs

My Wife

Warm weather

good health

the Bills

this site (love you all!)

Edit: Good call on the cooking.

Also, Alcohal. Not for getting drunk or anything but I love the whole proccess of how beer and wine is made and all the flavors that go into it. I respect it and admire the work and effort that goes into it all

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

This time of year, watching some small time but rising college basketball program with a good record (but no respect yet) use unselfish team play to beat teams from the "power" conferences in March Madness. Examples:

Florida Gulf Coast - - I never even heard of the school and they made a run as a 15 seed while playing with a "bring it on" attitude;

Butler - - one half court shot from winning it all; and

Gonzaga - - when they were first on the rise (but not now).

Based on the responses thus far, I have to say it is refreshing to see some positive comments from members. I had no idea you guys were able to embrace your feminine side. :rolleyes:

I tried to think of "little things" that make me happy. My wife and kids definitely make me happy...as far as little every day things that they do...I would say when my wife is in the kitchen when I come home from work and we can talk and have a glass of wine while we cook, when my son and I discuss the Sabres or a favorite movie, when my older daughter and I make fun of our yellow lab and pretend to talk for him, and when my youngest daughter plays outside.

My grandson :wub:

You

procreated??

:nana:

A few stiff drinks.

Cash bonuses.

Winning trivial contests of wit or skill.

Hooking up.

Seeing my faux analysis vindicated with the realization of capital gains (my reasoning must have been sound. It went up!)

Knowing that my actions have made someone else slightly less happy.

Watching the expressions of disgust as I purposely say something shockingly ignorant in a crowd of strangers.