Post Cassel: What's next at QB?

174 members have voted

1. 1. What moves, if any, will the Bills make at QB following the Cassel trade?

• None. We're entering the season with Cassel, EJ, and Tuel, may the best man win.
    • Signing a Free Agent QB
    • Drafting a QB
    • Pulling off a blockbuster trade for a big name QB
  2. 2. As of now, who do you predict will start for the Bills in 2015?

• Matt Cassel
    • EJ Manuel
    • Jeff Tuel
    • Other (write-in)

Figure this could be a fun poll/general discussion.

Do we bring in any FAs? Do we draft another QB? Do we go into the season with Cassel/EJ/Tuel?

My personal prediction:

Drafting another QB late in the draft... we got the vet QB we were aiming for. During camp, Tuel gets cut. Cassel and EJ are neck and neck for the starting spot, with EJ winning by an edge due to mobility advantages, and the desire to develop a QB for the long run.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ will win the competition IMO.... No more free agent QB's .. Free agency is all about OL and TE now

We may draft a QB but don't know who the hell is worth it in this draft

I think I would still like to see us go for Mark Sanchez. I think this ensures we don't make any rash decisions or end up getting into a bidding war with another team and over-pay. If no Sanchez, we are still happy and can get a quality OT/OG and a TE in FA.

Jake Locker

I think they sign him and it will be Manuel v. Locker v. Cassel. And between his natural ability, him fitting perfect for Roman's style offense, more weapons than he ever had in Tennessee, and his career being on the line - he wins.

However, if Locker can't be brought in i'd say they should draft Garrett Grayson as the 3rd QB. In that scenario - I give the edge to Matt Cassel.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Locker is probably a long shot unless EJ does end up getting cut. He is going to want some certainty in regards to the competition and, barring him being told that they are cutting ties with EJ, having Cassel and Manuel on the roster doesn't offer much certainty on his place on the depth chart.

Jake Locker

I think they sign him and it will be Manuel v. Locker v. Cassel. And between his natural ability, him fitting perfect for Roman's style offense, more weapons than he ever had in Tennessee, and his career being on the line - he wins.

However, if Locker can't be brought in i'd say they should draft Garrett Grayson as the 3rd QB. In that scenario - I give the edge to Matt Cassel.

I think most of the board is in agreement on Locker. We usually don't all agree on things. I think the Bills have to make this happen

Locker is probably a long shot unless EJ does end up getting cut. He is going to want some certainty in regards to the competition and, barring him being told that they are cutting ties with EJ, having Cassel and Manuel on the roster doesn't offer much certainty on his place on the depth chart.

I don't think he needs any certainty. There's not a lot of teams to go to. The Bills are good and will give him a legit shot at being the starting QB. That should be all the incentive he needs

Might be a situation where they stack the deck for Ej to succeed. hopefully cassel is a 1 year backup while Ej takes the reigns and goes with it. If he falters, we move on in 2016. Now to fix the OL and hope our D stays intact