Who "Won" this trade?

Who got a better deal in the trade?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Who got a better deal in the Kiko/McCoy trade?

• Buffalo
    • Philly
    • Both teams benefited equally

he told Josina Anderson "why me?" he's pissed about it and doesn't want to be here. maybe that's something the Bills should have worked out before agreeing to the trade?

unless you think the dude is retiring, "why me" is just a little bit of his diva/drama queen personality showing. he will show up to work and he will play unless he is a complete idiot.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who got the better end of the deal and improved their team more?

TBD... We'll see after this season. I think the Bills would have been better served to keep Alonso and re-sign Spiller, but call be nuts...

TBD... We'll see after this season. I think the Bills would have been better served to keep Alonso and re-sign Spiller, but call be nuts...

it would really be kiko, spiller AND ????? as kiko and spiller combined would be like 4-5m per year.

Stupid trade IMO. How much can you get out of RB entering his 7th season? Kiko was a star in the making.

Doug Whaley seems to like trading.... If this doesn't pan out, Houston, we have a problem..... :doh:

Cap numbers are 12, 9, 8

you are looking at the eagles numbers that include signing bonus amortization-- they paid it, they have to account for it in their cap, not us.

its roughly 10, 7 and 8

Edited by NoSaint

The Eagles won. McCoy is a very good RB but will count 12 million dollars against the salary cap. That is way too much. If the bills wanted a RB that bad they could have offered DeMarco Murray 12 million a year. He is not going to get that on the open market. Murray plus Kiko is better than just McCoy. The trade was bad even if Murray is not an option.

Actually they save a little over a million by losing Kiko and McCoy's cap number is around 10 million, so the net is around a 9 million dollar cap hit. Well worth it for McCoy.

Good points. However, the larger data set about running backs and age is also worth considering: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27. I do realize that every player is unique.

No question RBs are a high risk gamble. But the Bills needed to make a major move on the offensive side of the ball.

There's isn't going to be a savior at QB; if this team is going to the playoffs, it will be with ground-and-pound and defense, just like Rex did with the Jets five years ago.

I love the "Legend of Kiko." But Kiko was great the first half of his rookie season and then sat out his sophomore year with an injury. He's hoping to develop into a Pro Bowler some day.

Shady is already a Pro Bowler - three times over.

Who knows what the future holds but their resumes aren't even close.

I voted McCoy.

No question RBs are a high risk gamble. But the Bills needed to make a major move on the offensive side of the ball.

There's isn't going to be a savior at QB; if this team is going to the playoffs, it will be with ground-and-pound and defense, just like Rex did with the Jets five years ago.

This is spot on. We can't count on EJ suddenly demonstrating he's a franchise QB. There's certainly no QB available in the draft or in free agency who we would want to build a passing attack around. So there's a huge sense of urgency at OBD to build up our run game. They hired Incognito despite the baggage. And they just traded away an up-and-coming LB to acquire an elite RB. It's imperative Whaley do these things. We have a playoff caliber defense. Now we have to find ways to manufacture some offense which, given the QB situation, means we must make bold moves to create an effective run game.

Stupid trade IMO. How much can you get out of RB entering his 7th season? Kiko was a star in the making.Doug Whaley seems to like trading.... If this doesn't pan out, Houston, we have a problem..... :doh:

Yea losing Kiko means the Bills will probably only have the #1 defense in the league...

But gaining McCoy means the offense just doubled its productivity from last year.

This is spot on. We can't count on EJ suddenly demonstrating he's a franchise QB. There's certainly no QB available in the draft or in free agency who we would want to build a passing attack around. So there's a huge sense of urgency at OBD to build up our run game. They hired Incognito despite the baggage. And they just traded away an up-and-coming LB to acquire an elite RB. It's imperative Whaley do these things. We have a playoff caliber defense. Now we have to find ways to manufacture some offense which, given the QB situation, means we must make bold moves to create an effective run game.

What you say does make a lot of sense, however when the Jets had those good years, they had a number of 1st round draft picks on that O line as I recall.

They may have had one of the best O lines in the league? Buffalo's O line was horrible and they just traded for a running back?

I really hope somebody on that staff staff knows something about the O line that nobody else seems to, and it better not just be R. Incog.

fill a hole create a hole.

Kiko was going to be outside LB this year and he makes plays

McCoy is a good RB who is hard ot bring down but without a QB and OL help it won't matter much

Only question mark is whether Kiko can come back from that ACL quickly...

time will tell on this one, but honestly I don't think either team won