Kiko's departure opens the door for David Harris

Now that Chip Kelly got his man, I am pretty sure Rex will go and get his. David Harris has stated that he would like to play for Rex again and Rex clearly wants him too. This would take some of the sting out of losing Kiko for me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2372284-david-harris-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-jets-lb

http://fansided.com/2015/03/03/david-harris-buffalo-bills-rumors/

With the Bills trading away star linebacker Kiko Alonso, bringing in an impact linebacker like Harris makes a ton of sense. Alonso wouldve costed a ton of money if he were to sign a long-term deal, however, Harris wont be that expensive and he could even take a discount to reunite with the coach hes had a ton of success with in Ryan. If Harris does join the Bills, he will be coming to a team that led the league in sacks last season. Harris would have the best supporting cast in the league around him in Buffalo.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

I wouldn't mind Spikes returning but if it's between him and Harris at the same price, Harris would be the smarter choice.

Why? The guy is older and slower than Spikes. Spikes is one of the best LBs in the NFL stopping the run.

Why? The guy is older and slower than Spikes. Spikes is one of the best LBs in the NFL stopping the run.

Why? I don't think there's that much difference between the two in terms of speed to be honest. I'd rather take Harris purely on the basis of familiarity with Ryan.

Also, for some weird reason I think Spikes is going to see a 2 year deal somewhere - possibly Titans or ATL.

Several is a stretch. 1-2 sounds about right to me. We are trying to win now, and so I say sure. Not to much $,but we could use him.

1 sounds right to me. His lateral movement looked pretty slow last year, and I feel he got outplayed by Demario Davis for many of the games.

However, he would be a great bridge to steward the new defense. Seems like a lock to sign here, him and Rex are joined at the hip.

I believe it was just last season that Rex called him the most under-rated player in the NFL, so he clearly does not share your opinion.

Can't remember one impact play Harris made against us as a Jets player, honestly.

1. Harris would be a real good fit as he knows the defense and could be a great QB of our defense. So, at least we will have one solid QB. I believe the Bills knew they could get Harris as by waiting until today to pull off the trade, it is also the day after the franchise and transition tags were handed out to ensure Harris hits the free agent market. Look for a price around $3-4 million.

2. We then need to get another offensive guard with any of the following three being a good fit...Mike Lupati (SF); Clint Boling (Cinc) or Orlando Franklin (Denv who can play G or OT). This will cost about $5 million.

3. Next, they need a QB by either trading for Bradford, Cousins or possible Shaun Hill or in FA with the likes of Matt Moore, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez or Ryan Mallett. In any case, the QB we get should not cost more than $5-6 million.

4. Lastly, a TE who does not bankrupt you. I would say look for Gresham (Cinc) or Virgil Green (Denv) with a price around $2.5 - 3.5 million.

With all the cap space available (Jags have $66 mill), there will be a lot of overpaying. So, buyer beware. Remember, these are players who teams let go for a variety of reasons.

March 3rd, 2015

Orchard Park, NY Weather fine

It was business as usual

One less man to hold the line

Oh Kiko, Kiko, because Kiko

Oh Kiko, Kiko, because Kiko

Yihla Moja, Yihla Moja

The man is dead

The man is dead