Curt Schilling...good on him or gone too far?

Beerball

They are free to say what they wish. He is free to respond how he wishes, but seems...iffy on the School's part to intervene and suspend a student. I also really wonder if Joe Schmoe told them about it if anything would happen.

I don't understand the whole Twitter thing and why celebrities call attention to their children using it. No one could pay me enough money to expose my daughter to society the way he did. Before anyone goes all "internet" on me, I get that Schilling probably had no hidden agenda when he posted such an innocuous tweet.

It's sad that people have so little class when it comes to other people's children.

^^This. Why in the heck would you expose her the way he did.

They are free to say what they wish. He is free to respond how he wishes, but seems...iffy on the School's part to intervene and suspend a student. I also really wonder if Joe Schmoe told them about it if anything would happen.

With making threats w/intent to commit a violent crime. That's where it crosses the free speech line.

I don't understand the whole Twitter thing and why celebrities call attention to their children using it. No one could pay me enough money to expose my daughter to society the way he did. Before anyone goes all "internet" on me, I get that Schilling probably had no hidden agenda when he posted such an innocuous tweet.

It's sad that people have so little class when it comes to other people's children.

I don't think he was doing it as a celebrity. He was just doing it as a proud father. Unfortunately, because he is a celebrity, it bit him in the @$$.

We have freedom of speech but people forget you are still responsible for what you say.

Exactly. Freedom of speech only gives you protection from any sort of government sanctioned punishments, such as fines, jail, etc. Doesn't mean there are zero consequences from private entities.

^^This. Why in the heck would you expose her the way he did.

"Congrats to Gabby Schilling who will pitch for the Salve Regina Seahawks next year!!"

How exactly is this exposing her? That's about as tame as it gets. Is it because he named her? Let's face it, these trolls were going to find something regardless of what Schilling decided to post. I'm sure these weren't the first shots they had taken at Schilling on twitter.

"Congrats to Gabby Schilling who will pitch for the Salve Regina Seahawks next year!!"

How exactly is this exposing her? That's about as tame as it gets. Is it because he named her? Let's face it, these trolls were going to find something regardless of what Schilling decided to post. I'm sure these weren't the first shots they had taken at Schilling on twitter.

Yep! It's because her name. His name. Keep her private.

I don't think he was doing it as a celebrity. He was just doing it as a proud father. Unfortunately, because he is a celebrity, it bit him in the @$$.

This^^

One of the rape advocates was also a big pot enthusiast. Anyone shocked?

Didn't think so.

Yeah... But then when they actually thought about carrying that horrible violent act crime out, they said: "I am too tired and lazy, let's just go to Burger King, grab a snack and call it a night!"